“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #52 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed December 30, 2012

Me and my partner stayed here for our first night away from our baby for one night. The hotel is beautiful and in a excellent location. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was a good size and spotless with a large comfortable bed. I would recommend this hotel and look forward to staying again.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you enjoyed our central location, your room and the service that you experienced.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back. Please let me know when you are planning a return stay as I would be delighted to look after your reservation myself.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Finnish first
Brisbane
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over Christmas. The hotel is excellent, modern, fresh, spacious. Excellent service at all times by all staff. Fantastic rooms, Bose docking station, great bathroom products, slippers, heated towel rail, amazing bed, and welcome cocktails! We even got a lovely Christmas present. Excellent gym and steam room. Spotless and well appointed. Perfect location. 5 stars but not at all stuffy. Cannot recommend this place enough. Thanks to all the great staff!!

• Stayed December 2012
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Many thanks indeed for your excellent feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience with us so much and your recommendation is greatly appreciated. I am also very pleased to hear that you liked our complimentary weekend cocktail and festive treat.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Metropolitan by como is a fantastic hotel! We booked this hotel as a impulse deal through secret escapes.
On arrival at 9am to drop our luggage off, we were asked if we wanted to check in. To our suprise our room was already ready. We had been upgraded from a City room to the Metropolitan room. The room was lovely and spacious on the 9th floor with huge windows, looking over hyde park. It was a fantastic way to start our weekend.
The location of the hotel is fantastic with oxford street, buckingham place, leicester square, picadilly circus all near by.
The staff at the hotel were lovely, very friendly and welcoming all a real asset to the hotel!!
We will be coming back.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Many thanks for your terrific feedback following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay, that you enjoyed our location and that we were able to upgrade your room to make your time with us more memorable.

I am also particularly pleased that you were impressed by the service that you experienced. It is the staff that truly make difference and many of our loyal regular guests have also commented on this. It is lovely that you felt the same.

Please let me know when you are planning your return visit. I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally and ensure another memorable stay.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 16, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute after deciding to make the trip to London and were very glad we did! The service was fantastic with the concierge managing to get us some of the best seats at les miserables when there were none available on he Internet.
Another stand out point was the cleanliness and aroma of the hotel making you feel relaxed and as if you were in a spa. The room was also beautiful, over looking Hyde park with a very comfortable bed.
The reason why I haven't gave this hotel 5 stars is that I felt the breakfast was very expensive for what it was I know we're in London but I've had much better elsewhere for a cheaper price. I also felt the cocktails could have been better I know they were for free (we received a free cocktail token on arrival) but they should be showcasing there very best so you want to have more.
All in all we had a very pleasant stay and we would definitely think about coming back, hopefully for longer next time so we can make better use of the spa facilities!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Many thanks for your glowing feedback following your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received so much. I am also delighted that our Concierge managed to get you the tickets to the show and that you liked your park view room.

I am sorry to hear your comments about breakfast and the complimentary cocktails in the Met Bar but very pleased that this did not spoil your stay.

Please let me know personally when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation for you to ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Fabulous hotel in top London location. Booked a night at the Met as a surprise for my girlfriend . I brought her here thinking that it was an early birthday treat! Little did she know that I planned to propose. I rang the Met a few days before to confirm the booking and mentioned my plan to a very friendly girl in teservations. When we checked in we were told that we had been upgraded. The room was fantastic. After checking out the room we headed out to buy the ring. When we came back to the hotel in the evening, we found a bottle of champagne and fresh fruit in the room and a note from the customer relations manager wishing us a happy stay. It was a brilliant touch to round off the day! The Staff were really friendly and the service first class. It is worth every penny and will definitely be staying again. Now off to enjoy our complimentary cocktails in the Met bar......

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Londonirish82
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback about your recent stay and congratulations from all of us at the Metropolitan by COMO on your engagement. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay so much on an occasion you will always remember.

I am also delighted that the team managed to surprise and delight you during your stay. It is the team that truly makes the difference at the hotel and many of our regular guests also frequently comment on this.

Please let me know when you are planning your return as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is a hotel we have stayed at several times. The staff is superb, the rooms are clean and bright and we always look forward to our stays there. The location is absolutely wonderful and the hotel service is excellent and we are very fussy travellers.
We think it is excellent value for London.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, December 9, 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your fantastic comments following your recent stay with us.

It is always an absolute pleasure to receive such lovely feedback from one of our many loyal guests. We look forward to welcoming you back at the end of the month.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 4, 2012

We pickedMetropolitan by Como because we stayed at sister hotel Parrot Cay Resort in the Turks and Caicos. We expereinced the same level of chic elegance in the heart of the Mayfair District of London. You feel like you're in a Bond film from the moment you arrive at this hotel. In our case, arriving at 9 am our room wasn't ready. Would you care to use our spa, Mr. Bond, I mean Mr. Steve? But of course. The spa was great and we could start our day only to be called shortly thereafter that they had expedited and upgraded our room. The hotel is similar to a "W" in its modernist approach, but more refined. The views of London are spectacular. Just outside is Hyde Park, the Wellington Arch, and of course, Harrod's. The hotel houses Nobu and dont miss the vibe and sushi.When we return to London, we will retrun to the Metro. Now if we could just get to the Maldives...

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Mayfair neigborhood or the park.