“Fantastic”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #70 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 23, 2012

The Metropolitan by como is a fantastic hotel! We booked this hotel as a impulse deal through secret escapes.
On arrival at 9am to drop our luggage off, we were asked if we wanted to check in. To our suprise our room was already ready. We had been upgraded from a City room to the Metropolitan room. The room was lovely and spacious on the 9th floor with huge windows, looking over hyde park. It was a fantastic way to start our weekend.
The location of the hotel is fantastic with oxford street, buckingham place, leicester square, picadilly circus all near by.
The staff at the hotel were lovely, very friendly and welcoming all a real asset to the hotel!!
We will be coming back.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Many thanks for your terrific feedback following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay, that you enjoyed our location and that we were able to upgrade your room to make your time with us more memorable.

I am also particularly pleased that you were impressed by the service that you experienced. It is the staff that truly make difference and many of our loyal regular guests have also commented on this. It is lovely that you felt the same.

Please let me know when you are planning your return visit. I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally and ensure another memorable stay.

Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed December 16, 2012

We booked this hotel last minute after deciding to make the trip to London and were very glad we did! The service was fantastic with the concierge managing to get us some of the best seats at les miserables when there were none available on he Internet.
Another stand out point was the cleanliness and aroma of the hotel making you feel relaxed and as if you were in a spa. The room was also beautiful, over looking Hyde park with a very comfortable bed.
The reason why I haven't gave this hotel 5 stars is that I felt the breakfast was very expensive for what it was I know we're in London but I've had much better elsewhere for a cheaper price. I also felt the cocktails could have been better I know they were for free (we received a free cocktail token on arrival) but they should be showcasing there very best so you want to have more.
All in all we had a very pleasant stay and we would definitely think about coming back, hopefully for longer next time so we can make better use of the spa facilities!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Many thanks for your glowing feedback following your recent stay with us. It is a pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received so much. I am also delighted that our Concierge managed to get you the tickets to the show and that you liked your park view room.

I am sorry to hear your comments about breakfast and the complimentary cocktails in the Met Bar but very pleased that this did not spoil your stay.

Please let me know personally when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to look after your reservation for you to ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

Reviewed December 15, 2012

Fabulous hotel in top London location. Booked a night at the Met as a surprise for my girlfriend . I brought her here thinking that it was an early birthday treat! Little did she know that I planned to propose. I rang the Met a few days before to confirm the booking and mentioned my plan to a very friendly girl in teservations. When we checked in we were told that we had been upgraded. The room was fantastic. After checking out the room we headed out to buy the ring. When we came back to the hotel in the evening, we found a bottle of champagne and fresh fruit in the room and a note from the customer relations manager wishing us a happy stay. It was a brilliant touch to round off the day! The Staff were really friendly and the service first class. It is worth every penny and will definitely be staying again. Now off to enjoy our complimentary cocktails in the Met bar......

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Londonirish82

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback about your recent stay and congratulations from all of us at the Metropolitan by COMO on your engagement. I am delighted that you both enjoyed your stay so much on an occasion you will always remember.

I am also delighted that the team managed to surprise and delight you during your stay. It is the team that truly makes the difference at the hotel and many of our regular guests also frequently comment on this.

Please let me know when you are planning your return as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

This is a hotel we have stayed at several times. The staff is superb, the rooms are clean and bright and we always look forward to our stays there. The location is absolutely wonderful and the hotel service is excellent and we are very fussy travellers.
We think it is excellent value for London.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you very much indeed for your fantastic comments following your recent stay with us.

It is always an absolute pleasure to receive such lovely feedback from one of our many loyal guests. We look forward to welcoming you back at the end of the month.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

We pickedMetropolitan by Como because we stayed at sister hotel Parrot Cay Resort in the Turks and Caicos. We expereinced the same level of chic elegance in the heart of the Mayfair District of London. You feel like you're in a Bond film from the moment you arrive at this hotel. In our case, arriving at 9 am our room wasn't ready. Would you care to use our spa, Mr. Bond, I mean Mr. Steve? But of course. The spa was great and we could start our day only to be called shortly thereafter that they had expedited and upgraded our room. The hotel is similar to a "W" in its modernist approach, but more refined. The views of London are spectacular. Just outside is Hyde Park, the Wellington Arch, and of course, Harrod's. The hotel houses Nobu and dont miss the vibe and sushi.When we return to London, we will retrun to the Metro. Now if we could just get to the Maldives...

Room Tip: Get a room with a view of the Mayfair neigborhood or the park.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that we managed to replicate the experience you had at Parrot Cay in the Turks & Caicos.

Please let me know when you are planning a return to London as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally. Additionally, should you be planning a visit to another of our resorts in the future please also let me know.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We chose the hotel for its location. Not knowing much about the brand, the hotel looked contemporary online and fit the check-list. We arrived mid-morning after flying from the US and were greeted warmly by the front desk staff. Even though we were very early for traditional check-in, the staff found an open room for us weary travelers. The room exceeded our expectation: roomier and brighter than most we have experienced in London. Outstanding service with a smile from the staff. A taxi was ALWAYS on hand at the front door, so that took some anxiety out of the mix about the London traffic situation (especially getting a taxi while its raining). The service was very "bespoke," right down to the freshly made lattes delivered at our request in the AM.

The hotel smells delicious. It must be a signature scent created for the spa and toiletries. Quite lovely.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your very kind feedback about your recent stay with us.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you found the room bright and spacious. I am also very pleased indeed that you felt our service was bespoke and outstanding. It is the staff that truly make the difference at a hotel and many of our regular guests also frequently comment on the service they receive so it is wonderful that you felt the same.

Please let me know directly when you are planning a return visit to London. I would welcome the opportunity to look after your reservation personally.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

We won a night at The Metropolitan in a raffle for Breast Cancer research and decided to go on West End VIP weekend. Upon arrival we were met by Scott, Guest Relations manager, who informed us we had been upgraded to a Park View Suite. It was bigger than our apartment with stunning views of Hyde Park and Winter Wonderland. The suite compreised a living area with TV, chaise longue, nespresso machine and complimentary fruit and wine. The bedroom was equally spacious with second TV and elegant en suite bathroom. Robes and slippers, yoga mats, iron, hairdryer all supplied.

Breakfast next day was extensive and all freshly prepared, no stale buffet where food sits waiting. Attentive service meant that food was hot and plentiful and no restriction on what you may select.

We had a wonderful time and would recommend this hotel to anyone wanting a luxurious stay in central London

Room Tip: Rooms with a view of Hyde Park make your stay even better
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely feedback and for your recommendation following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay, the service that you received as well as your upgraded suite and its facilities. I am also delighted that you enjoyed our fresh a la carte breakfast.

Please let me know when you are next planning a weekend break as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally. I look forward to hearing from you.