“Fantastic, serene and relaxing”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #52 of 1,067 Hotels in London
“Fantastic, serene and relaxing”
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Myself and my wife were upgraded the met room overlooking the park. Perfectly located, as soon as we arrived we were greeted with smiles and hot towels to wipe away the smog of the city.

We were then given the tour and shown to our room. The room was gorgeous and very quiet and spacious. The hotel feels and smells like a spa; a pleasure for your senses.

Also check out the met bar; it was lively and had a DJ playing some really great music. You are also given two free cocktail vouchers but beware as we got sucked in a spent a pretty penny at the bar!

Overall a very serene and relaxing hotel which I cannot fault; will def be back and hopefully for the weekend next time.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Mikecooper84
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Thank you very much indeed for your wonderful comments after your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you found the experience to be relaxing, even in the heart of London. As part of COMO Hotels and Resorts we do aim to upgrade as many of our guests as possible so I am also very pleased indeed that this enhanced your stay. It is also great that you enjoyed the Met Bar and the cocktails with our compliments that we offer to our guests staying at the weekend.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back. Please contact me directly when you are planning a return as I would be delighted to make the arrangements for you.

Andrew

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Finnish first
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed here with family for Christmas shopping. The check in desk was great - complimentary tea on arrival with hot towels to refresh us. The two rooms we had booked were light and airy, clean with wonderful fresh linen and a great bathroom. We were very impressed with the hotel and would recommend it. All the staff were helpful, polite and friendly.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Diana M
Thank you very much indeed for your fantastic feedback following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the service you received so much, as well as finding your rooms light and airy. I am also particularly pleased that you found our new hot arrival towels refreshing after your journey.

Your recommendation is greatly appreciated. Please let me know directly when you are planning a return to London as I would welcome the chance to look after your booking personally.

cheshire, uk
Reviewed November 15, 2012

My wife and I frequently visit London and stay in more traditional hotels. This time we stayed in the Metropolitan as it has a "reputation". It was a grim experience. Reception staff were bored and dismissive, the bar was more focused on fleecing would be celeb watchers than actually serving guests and the breakfast room was a vibrant white room of limited character and astounding brightness and reverberating noise. The suite itself overlooked the park, was very large but devoid of warmth, character or functionality. The minibar tells you the guests they are after- vibrators to buy. BTW we are not old fogeys (or maybe we are) we just wanted service, comfort and a pleasant place to stay

Room Tip: If you must get a room overlooking the park
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Jim P
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry indeed to hear that you were disappointed with your room and the service at the hotel. All guest feedback is incredibly valuable to us and I would very much like to look at your experience in more detail. Owing to the time passed, and the anonymity of on-line review websites, I would greatly appreciate it if you would contact me at your convenience to discuss this further. This would allow me to investigate and to review your stay and then respond to you accordingly.

Should you be planning a return visit to London in the future please contact me directly. I would welcome the opportunity to restore faith and ensure your stay is truly memorable.

I look forward to hearing from you.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Been to the met again for a week end after a few years. I must say with all respect to the style and product the used to be, the met is just an average 3 star hotel feel. No enthusiasm at check in staff, the same boring standard dishes on the room service menu and the met bar dead and empty on a Saturday night. I don't understand why a 5 star hotel in a prime location cannot go with time.
Maybe a hotel management change would be a healthy option. Should look at the w London now...

Room Tip: U want an updated room go to the w london
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry indeed to hear that you were disappointed with your experience at the hotel and I would like to look at your booking in more detail. Owing to the anonymity of on-line review websites I would very much appreciate it if you would contact me at your convenience. This would allow me to investigate and to review the less than perfect elements of your stay and then respond to you accordingly.

Should you be planning a return visit to London in the future please contact me directly. I would welcome the opportunity to restore faith and ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Ulsan, South Korea
Reviewed November 13, 2012

My partner and I stayed here last weekend and could not be happier with choice. Checkin and bar staff were great and very helpful. Room was bright and clean and as above the location was great (right across from Hyda Park).
The only reason this place did not get 5 stars as during breakfast the waitress got our order wrong which made us late for our day and the breakfast itself (although very nice) was very over priced for what you get.

Would definitely stay there again (just go out for breakfast)

1 Thank Johnabhowie
Many thanks indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, that you liked your rooms, as well as our central location. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the service you received in the Met Bar and at Reception. It is the staff that truly make the difference and many of our loyal guest frequently comment on this so it is terrific that you felt the same way.

I am sorry to hear about your breakfast experience and I remain at your disposal if you wish to discuss this further.

Please do let me know if you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed for a family celebration and the staff at the Metropolitan did everything possible to make it special. Our rooms were upgraded and just after we returned from dinner a bottle of champagne was sent to our room. The service is slick And the atmosphere is calm and relaxed. The hotel is just what you would expect from a 5 star, lots of special touches, excellent quality and good size rooms. The service from the staff went way beyond my expectations ( and I am notoriously fussy!!). We were always greeted with a smile by EVERY member of staff and nothing was too much trouble. The warm welcome was extended to our 11 year old and that even included the Met Bar. The friendly approach made a massive difference to our stay and was in sharp contrast to the Park Lane Hilton next door, where the staff were just rude.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. I never have time to write reviews, but this was so good that I had to make the effort. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed November 2012
3 Thank Barb5000
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, December 2, 2012
Many thanks for your terrific feedback about your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, your room and the atmosphere in the hotel.

Thank you also for taking the time to share your comments. As you have experienced, it is our staff that make the difference for our guests and I am delighted to hear that you felt this enhanced your family celebrations. Your recommendation is very much appreciated.

Please do let me know personally when you are planning a return.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed November 9, 2012

I definitely started out my November '12 on the right foot. It is my birthday on October 31st, Halloween, and the very next day I took a four day trip to London with my boyfriend.
It is tradition every year for both of our birthdays to go somewhere nice.
Since neither one of us have ever been to London we decided it was the right timing, especially since we were in Bucharest, Romania and it was only a 3 hour plane ride away.

I was so impressed and I loved everything! Our hotel, the Metropolitan was amazing!!! I was especially happy knowing that Nobu was just a few elevator floors down, I live on sushi.

Their services were outstanding and our needs met on every level. Located in proximity to everything relevant in Londontown! A MUST STAY!

2 Thank corinabode
Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we managed to enhance your birthday celebrations. I am also very pleased indeed that you enjoyed Nobu and that it lived up to its superb reputation.

Your glowing recommendation is greatly appreciated. Should you be planning a return to London at any point please let me know. I would welcome the chance to look after your booking personally.