“Outdated and just an average standard”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #69 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 14, 2012

Been to the met again for a week end after a few years. I must say with all respect to the style and product the used to be, the met is just an average 3 star hotel feel. No enthusiasm at check in staff, the same boring standard dishes on the room service menu and the met bar dead and empty on a Saturday night. I don't understand why a 5 star hotel in a prime location cannot go with time.
Maybe a hotel management change would be a healthy option. Should look at the w London now...

Room Tip: U want an updated room go to the w london
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2012

Thank you for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very sorry indeed to hear that you were disappointed with your experience at the hotel and I would like to look at your booking in more detail. Owing to the anonymity of on-line review websites I would very much appreciate it if you would contact me at your convenience. This would allow me to investigate and to review the less than perfect elements of your stay and then respond to you accordingly.

Should you be planning a return visit to London in the future please contact me directly. I would welcome the opportunity to restore faith and ensure your stay is memorable for all the right reasons.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,146)

Reviewed November 13, 2012

My partner and I stayed here last weekend and could not be happier with choice. Checkin and bar staff were great and very helpful. Room was bright and clean and as above the location was great (right across from Hyda Park).
The only reason this place did not get 5 stars as during breakfast the waitress got our order wrong which made us late for our day and the breakfast itself (although very nice) was very over priced for what you get.

Would definitely stay there again (just go out for breakfast)

1  Thank Johnabhowie
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Many thanks indeed for your lovely comments following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased indeed to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, that you liked your rooms, as well as our central location. I am also delighted that you enjoyed the service you received in the Met Bar and at Reception. It is the staff that truly make the difference and many of our loyal guest frequently comment on this so it is terrific that you felt the same way.

I am sorry to hear about your breakfast experience and I remain at your disposal if you wish to discuss this further.

Please do let me know if you are planning a return visit as I would be delighted to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed for a family celebration and the staff at the Metropolitan did everything possible to make it special. Our rooms were upgraded and just after we returned from dinner a bottle of champagne was sent to our room. The service is slick And the atmosphere is calm and relaxed. The hotel is just what you would expect from a 5 star, lots of special touches, excellent quality and good size rooms. The service from the staff went way beyond my expectations ( and I am notoriously fussy!!). We were always greeted with a smile by EVERY member of staff and nothing was too much trouble. The warm welcome was extended to our 11 year old and that even included the Met Bar. The friendly approach made a massive difference to our stay and was in sharp contrast to the Park Lane Hilton next door, where the staff were just rude.

I would definitely recommend this hotel. I never have time to write reviews, but this was so good that I had to make the effort. I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank Barb5000
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2012

Many thanks for your terrific feedback about your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, your room and the atmosphere in the hotel.

Thank you also for taking the time to share your comments. As you have experienced, it is our staff that make the difference for our guests and I am delighted to hear that you felt this enhanced your family celebrations. Your recommendation is very much appreciated.

Please do let me know personally when you are planning a return.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

I definitely started out my November '12 on the right foot. It is my birthday on October 31st, Halloween, and the very next day I took a four day trip to London with my boyfriend.
It is tradition every year for both of our birthdays to go somewhere nice.
Since neither one of us have ever been to London we decided it was the right timing, especially since we were in Bucharest, Romania and it was only a 3 hour plane ride away.

I was so impressed and I loved everything! Our hotel, the Metropolitan was amazing!!! I was especially happy knowing that Nobu was just a few elevator floors down, I live on sushi.

Their services were outstanding and our needs met on every level. Located in proximity to everything relevant in Londontown! A MUST STAY!

2  Thank Corina N

Thank you very much indeed for your terrific feedback following your recent stay with us.
I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay and that we managed to enhance your birthday celebrations. I am also very pleased indeed that you enjoyed Nobu and that it lived up to its superb reputation.

Your glowing recommendation is greatly appreciated. Should you be planning a return to London at any point please let me know. I would welcome the chance to look after your booking personally.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stayed at this hotel 2 weeks ago and just had to commend the entire team on the formidable experience. The location is the additional bonus for this hotel as its so near all the tube stations, the bus routes and a walking distance from some of the major shopping stores of london. The staff were all so courteous, warm and friendly at all times. I was very impressed with the high standards of the room on arrival and to add to that, I felt the level of service provided at the reception desk was top notch. I was particularly impressed with the their support over and above normal expectations, especially by one of the reception staff Atyn who was incredibly helpful throughout our stay. Thank you all and will surely come back to stay here when back in London.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you very much indeed for your lovely comments about your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay, our location and our rooms so much.

I am also very pleased indeed that you were impressed by the service the team offered you. It is the team at the hotel that make the difference to our guests and it is terrific that you felt this way. Your comments about Atin, our Reception Manager, are also greatly appreciated and I shall certainly pass these on to him.

Please let me know when you are planning a return as I would welcome the opportunity to look after your reservation personally.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have just returned from a 3night stay at the Metropolitan & once again, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The staff are so friendly & the welcome we received from both Scott & Andrew made us feel truly valued guests. This in itself is quite unique as most hotels make you feel like just another number. To do this in a central London hotel shows how good they are at what they do. Thank you for your hospitality.

The rooms are spacious & well appointed with the best selection of sports channels on TV that my well travelled husband has ever had at his fingertips. Made an afternoon of shopping easy for me as he could nip back to the hotel for a bit of football watching!

We had room service our first night due to a long journey, service was quick & the food delicious.

All in all, another great visit. We will be back in 2013 & meanwhile we will recommend many others to stay with you on their visits to London.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McAnnie1

Many thanks indeed for your very kind comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

It is always a pleasure to receive such lovely feedback from regular guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2013. Please let Scott or I know when you are due to return as we look forward to looking after your reservation for you.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I hate saying nice things about this place because I want to keep it for myself. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and the room service menu is great. The gym is great and open 24hours and its close to a tube station.

I always stay here for business and I am in London once a month for work. In the maybe 15 times I have stayed here I have never had a bad experience.

Added bonus, there is a Nobu in the hotel and the do room service.

If I have to say anything bad I would say the breakfast is not great but other than that its my favorite hotel in London.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank animeh
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Many thanks indeed for your very generous comments about your frequent use of the Metropolitan by COMO. It is a pleasure to receive such glowing feedback about our staff, our rooms and hotel facilities from such a loyal guest.

Please let me know when you are due to return to London as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally. Should you also wish to discuss breakfast on your next visit I am at your disposal.