COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #65 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Have just returned from a 3night stay at the Metropolitan & once again, we thoroughly enjoyed our visit. The staff are so friendly & the welcome we received from both Scott & Andrew made us feel truly valued guests. This in itself is quite unique as most hotels make you feel like just another number. To do this in a central London hotel shows how good they are at what they do. Thank you for your hospitality.

The rooms are spacious & well appointed with the best selection of sports channels on TV that my well travelled husband has ever had at his fingertips. Made an afternoon of shopping easy for me as he could nip back to the hotel for a bit of football watching!

We had room service our first night due to a long journey, service was quick & the food delicious.

All in all, another great visit. We will be back in 2013 & meanwhile we will recommend many others to stay with you on their visits to London.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank McAnnie1
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Many thanks indeed for your very kind comments following your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

It is always a pleasure to receive such lovely feedback from regular guests and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again.

We look forward to welcoming you back in 2013. Please let Scott or I know when you are due to return as we look forward to looking after your reservation for you.

Andrew

Write a ReviewReviews (1,132)

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I hate saying nice things about this place because I want to keep it for myself. The staff is extremely friendly and helpful, the rooms are spacious and the room service menu is great. The gym is great and open 24hours and its close to a tube station.

I always stay here for business and I am in London once a month for work. In the maybe 15 times I have stayed here I have never had a bad experience.

Added bonus, there is a Nobu in the hotel and the do room service.

If I have to say anything bad I would say the breakfast is not great but other than that its my favorite hotel in London.

1  Thank animeh
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Many thanks indeed for your very generous comments about your frequent use of the Metropolitan by COMO. It is a pleasure to receive such glowing feedback about our staff, our rooms and hotel facilities from such a loyal guest.

Please let me know when you are due to return to London as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally. Should you also wish to discuss breakfast on your next visit I am at your disposal.

Reviewed November 2, 2012

What a warm and welcoming hotel. The staff are superb, the gym (in the basement) is 24 hr. no pool but both steam and for a few sheqels more a spa. The rack rate is definitely "spendy" but if you can find a deal - we got a bargain via Hotwire- it makes for a wonderful stay.
NB: no kettle in the room but they will supply one if asked.
Located right at the corners of Hyde Park and Green Park an ideal location for runners, and walkers.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Alice D
Andrew T, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you very much for your feedback following your recent stay with us.

I am very pleased indeed that you enjoyed your stay, that you liked our location and that you found our service both warm and welcoming. I am also very pleased to hear that you felt your experience was good value.

Please let me know if you are planning a return visit, regardless of how you book, as I would be delighted to look after your reservation personally.

Reviewed October 26, 2012

What separates the Metropolitan from other high-end hotels is it's focus on wellness. The rooms are practical, maximizing space for the guest, and are bright and airy. To have a yoga mat in your room is one thing but actually having the space in your room to roll out a yoga mat and stretch out to do yoga or pilates is another and that's where this urban retreat begins making a lot of sense for travellers who want more than just being cramped into a box for days upon end. The food options at the Metropolitan cover global favourites but where they strike a chord with health-conscious guest is the multiple options from their wellness menu featuring quinoa, raw foods, organic chicken and more - as they say, all created to maximize personal performance by increasing concentration and energy levels while addressing blood-sugar imbalances. The location is perfect for short or long walks in Hyde Park and Kensington Gardens, through the back-streets of Mayfair or the main thoroughfares of Oxford Street or Piccadilly. It simply doesn't get any more convenient than this. There are 2 tube stations within a few minutes' walk of the hotel and taxis are aplenty. It goes without saying that the COMO Shambhala Urban Escape spa is the best in London and should be booked well in advance of your stay in London. The Metropolitan is truly a place for the traveller who thinks outside the box about their accommodations and is seeking the experience of being in a secluded wellness resort, while being in the heart of one of the world's busiest cities. Recommended for solo, couples, friends and groups.

Room Tip: Upgrading to a room with Hyde Park views is truly worth it. They are sunny and bright and bring a se...
3  Thank LuxeTravelerHK

Thank you very much indeed for your tremendous review following your recent stay with us.

I am delighted to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay, that you enjoyed our location as well as the room that you experienced. It is also terrific to hear that you felt that wellness ran through your whole experience from the space of the room, to the cuisine we offer and the recently opened COMO Shambhala spa. Wellness is very important to all of the hotels that form COMO Hotel and Resorts and I am very pleased indeed that you felt this.

Should you be planning a return visit to London, or require any information on our sister properties within COMO Hotels and Resorts, I would be only too happy to help.

Reviewed October 24, 2012

Stayed last month and thought it was excellent. The service was first class right from the start. Extremely friendly and helpful no matter what we needed and everyone had a smile on their face.

The room was clean, modern, bright with plenty of space and a stunning view. All the in-room facilities were highest quality. I was surprised how quiet it was considering the location - which by the way adds to the whole experience - the location is simply perfect if you're visiting the heart of city. Right next to the underground on one of the most famous roads in London.

The reception and bar area are quite small but I felt this made the hotel more inviting and cosy. I'd also recommend trying the Nobu restaurant whilst staying for an amazing dining experience.

Fantastic all round and have already booked for my next trip!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends

Thank you very much for your terrific feedback following your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much, that you found your room modern, clean and bright and that you experienced so many different areas of the hotel.

I am particularly pleased to hear your comments about the service you received whilst you were with us. It is the team at the hotel that make the difference and many of our loyal guests frequently comment on the service they receive so I am very happy to hear that you felt the same.

I am also delighted to hear that you will be returning soon. Please let me know when you are scheduled to arrive so I can allocate your room personally.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

stayed at this hotel by recommendation and already booked my next stay. The location is amazing; on Park Lane near Hyde Park Corner tube station opposite Hyde Park, so you couldn't be in a better location! The staff and service are superb and the rooms are really big for London standards. The beds were incredibly comfy and the view across Hyde Park amazing. I can not rate this hotel highly enough and already booked our next stay!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Many thanks indeed for your lovely feedback following your recent stay with us. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much and that you have already booked to return.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please let me know when you are scheduled to arrive so I can allocate your room personally and ensure another enjoyable stay with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

Its not always the ones that you expect to do so well at this. Maybe you would think the more old school or grander old dames of the 5 star hotel set to offer the best service, but from someone that knows and I assure you this is my forte, I strongly recommend The Metropolitan for the best service you will find in London. The staff are consistently good and what makes the difference is that over a number of visits they remain the same team. We send many guests to London and are very fussy as to who we may recommend. The metropolitan never disappoints.

Room Tip: Splash out on one of their amazing suites, they actually represent very good value when used properl...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you very much indeed for your very generous comments about your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO.

It is a pleasure to receive such a glowing review from such a loyal and frequent guest and your recommendations are greatly appreciated.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.