“Metropolitan Apartments - stylish accommodation in excellent London location”

COMO Metropolitan London
Ranked #52 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Metropolitan Apartments - stylish accommodation in excellent London location”
Reviewed April 24, 2011

We stayed in a two bedroom apartment (one en suite and another bathroom) in Brick Street just off Old Park Lane, near Hyde Park. The whole apartment was excellent - dining area, lounge and huge kitchen with washing machine/dryer. It was a 10-15 minute walk to Oxford Street, a couple minutes to Piccadilly. Easy to get a cab or walk to underground. Only problem was the blinds in bedrooms didn't keep out the light but a few pashminas solved the problem! Staff helpful although we were pretty self sufficient.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Finnish first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed April 15, 2011

This is my second visit at the hotel, I wasn't too impressed the last time but now it seems like they have put things straight. The rooms are amazing with a very clean design and they're also larger than what you're finding in many other hotels in London.
Pick a room with panoramic view over Hyde Park and you're in good shape!

Room Tip: Room 408 is not a bad choice
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 31, 2011

Expensive but worth every single penny. Impeccable service, great room/ breakfast/view. Ultra modern but old fashioned service and attention to detail. If limitless cash, and a taste for metropolitan life- look no further. Otherwise for a big treat......

Room Tip: Concierge is worth his weight in gold.
  • Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Hong Kong
Reviewed March 31, 2011

I had high expectations after staying at the excellent sister property in Bangkok many times. About the only thing the two seem to have in common is the intoxicating Shambhala toiletries. The design here is drab, with many details looking downright cheap (the ceiling in the corridor is worthy of a vintage Howard Johnson).

The worst part came when I was trying to make some tea in the room. I realized there is no tea or coffee making kit! when I called housekeeping they said they are happy to provide me with a kettle, but if I wanted tea I would have to order room service. 5 pounds for a cup of tea. Nice.

Give me a break -- I know you are a 5-star property pretending to cater to people for whom money is not a concern, but at an age when 5-star hotels provide you with a complimentary French press with good ground coffee and a selection of fine teas, and increasingly even free Nespresso makers and capsules in the room, this seems like plain greed. When I noted that at check-out the kind lady asked, "Do you want us to note in your profile that you would like to have a kettle in your room next time?" -- I said, "Not unless you plan to put some teabags next to it". There will not be a next time.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank HKGNYC
EdinaW_70, Manager at COMO Metropolitan London, responded to this review, April 22, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your comments on this site – we always appreciate feed back without which we would not be able to improve our service.

It is fantastic to read that you like our sister property in Bangkok, especially our COMO Shambhala bathroom amenities. You might be interested to hear that you can also purchase these products through our online shop.

I am very disappointed that your stay with us was less then satisfactory and I would like to apologize for not meeting your expectations. As many other 5-star hotels in our neighbourhood around Park Lane we don’t provide tea&coffee making facilities in our guest rooms, we do of course offer 24 hour rooms service and are delighted to serve you freshly brewed tea or coffee at any time. Our employees however should have dealt with your request very differently and provide the tea tray you requested free of charge, I am sorry this didn’t happen and I thank you for pointing this out.

The Metropolitan has invested over $4.000.000 last year alone on guest room improvements and major refurbishments, e.g. all our bathrooms were completely redone in 2010. Our contemporary style - a subtle balance that strips back the non-essential elements of a traditional English hotel – is enjoyed by many guests, I am sorry we didn’t meet your taste.

I hope to welcome you back at the Metropolitan London for us to prove our service to you.

Warm regards
Edina

Edina Woerner
Hotel Manager
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My stay at the metropolitan was amazing. Their service is impeccable, they bring out the true meaning of hospitality.
I arrived at 730 am and the hotel car was their to pick me up. The chauffer was very friendly and upon my arrival the staff at the front desk were incredibly helpful .
Although their check in time was at 2 pm they immediately gave me a room at 8 in the morning.
I stayed in room 606 and it was beautiful.
It was my first trip by myself
And concierge was amazing.
I simply adored Natalie and miss her very much! She had the best recommendations and always left us a note for any query we had. They were very efficient. And justin was a life saver, he managed to get me 4 tickets to a sold out Katy perry concert on the day of the event!
Nobu was amazing , the food was delicious and the service was great. Personally I love the MET bar.
We all miss the staff at the bar!
The location of the hotel is very convenient , its across the street from Hyde park , a short walk away from oxford circus street and there are two tube stations 2 mins away ( Hyde park corner and green park)
The hotel is also situated next to the the exclusive nightclub Whiskey Mist and the concierge can put u on the guestlist upon request.
Overall my stay at the metropolitan was blissful and I will reccommend everyone to stay atleast one night at the metropolitan. :)

• Stayed March 2011
Durham
Reviewed March 17, 2011

Good location for shopping near Oxford Street. Very friendly and helpful staff. Continental breakfast lovely, very good selection of food and helpful staff. Room very clean and comfortable. I would recommend to family and friends and stay again when visiting London.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed March 17, 2011

The hotel reception is tiny but it has a nice club and a great restaurnat - nobu. The food is very good . I found the location very convenient to walk around london and to go shopping. The nobu is one of my favourite so we used it a lot. I think I would stay there again despite the fact that the rooms are a little dated now.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business