“nice”

Picadilly Craft Market
Ranked #327 of 1,651 things to do in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: Pick up inexpensive handicraft goods and jewelry at this popular arts-and-crafts market.
Brussels, Belgium
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“nice”
Reviewed April 20, 2013

was different, a lot of people around, a lot of restaurant, a nice area
to recommend to go, and people nice overthere

Visited April 2013

• Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
131 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Mainly full of tat for tourists”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I guess I shouldn't have expected too much more if I'm honest, there is a much better smaller "upmarket" market on Picadilly opposite Cafe Nero.

Visited April 2013
England
42 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 98 helpful votes
“Nice to visit but be careful of rip off merchants”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

We visited this market on a Saturday, just to look round. There were a lot of interesting stalls including one with little russian dolls. In the furthest corner of the market was a stall run by a Japanese looking woman selling knitted mittens and some very pretty bead necklaces. The one I liked was £15 so my husband bought it for me, paying with a £20 note. When we asked where our change was, the woman said the necklace was £20 and produced a tag to prove it. We weren't given a receipt so despite being certain we were being ripped off we walked away. Just before we left the market I put on the necklace but the catch broke. We returned to the stall and got our money back.
I am sure that most of the stall holders are nice honest people but I think visitors to the market, particularly foreign ones should be on guard against fraudsters like the one who cheated us. This and other markets are good fun to visit, but not everyone is honest.

3 Thank libtek
Mumbai
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Famous spot”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

This is a famous spot for tourist as well as locals. There is Ripley's believe it or not museum in front and many theatres around showing plays round the clock.

Visited April 2012
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Lovely market but avoid 'As time goes by'”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Recently took my French family along to this little market which they enjoyed for the most part. However, my cousin left disappointed and offended by the abrasive nature of the vendor of 'pocket watches'. After questioning how to adjust the time on the watch the vendor became evasive, raised her voice and took to throwing insults. We had thought that perhaps the previous customers may have been difficult as we had seen her remonstrating with them, but it soon became clear that she has no people skills and a distinct lack understanding of customer service. It would also seem that it is not possible to adjust the time on these so called pocket watches.
It is a real shame that such a lovely market has to have its reputation tainted by an unhinged personality.

Visited August 2012