“Superb in every way”

and up
Phantom of the Opera Theater Show
Ranked #5 of 369 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Far beneath the majesty and splendor of the Paris Opera House, hides the Phantom in a shadowy existence. Shamed by his physical appearance and feared by all, the love he holds for his beautiful protegee Christine Daae is so strong that even her heart cannot resist. The musical opened at Her Majesty's Theatre on 9 October 1986 with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman in the leading roles, and there have been dozens of productions worldwide since then. Now in its 26th record-breaking year, The Phantom of the Opera continues to captivate audiences at Her Majesty's Theatre in London's West End, after more than 10,000 performances. Andrew Lloyd Webber's mesmerizing score along with jaw-dropping scenery and breathtaking special effects, magically combine to bring this tragic love story to life each night.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed November 18, 2013

I went here with my wife for her 30th, we sat in the stalls in row H and I can safely say this was the best theatre experience I have been too. The production is amazing and the singing fantastic, there were 2 Indian girls in front of us that were taking pictures and generally being annoying as they had a running commentary all the way through the first act but the staff sorted them pretty quickly. All in all an amazing experience and worth the £ 100 ticket price for entry

Write a ReviewReviews (6,380)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Well, I can't tell you about the show. Not going to ruin it for you! :)

Saw it on Halloween & all I can say is at the beginning of the show, I was like hmmm…this isn't what i thought Phantom was about. isn't this supposed to be scary? I was pleasantly surprised. People love this show for a reason. I'm not a big theater person, and I adored this show! Kept me on the edge of my seat. it was a beautiful production, and a must-see! :)

We sat on the first floor, but about the middle. not all the way up front, not all the way back. the seats were pretty close together. not much room to move around, but we had good visibility. I think we would have been fine sitting up top too.

There's a break 1/2 way through the play. Coffee/Drinks/Snacks available, but bring your own & save money. They won't notice if you stuff your purse full of goodies!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

Second time seeing phantom here and enjoyed it but sat in the balcony this time with very little leg room, would recommend for taller people like us to sit downstairs. Audience seemed disengaged at times with full blown conversations taking place, rustling of sweet wrappers and the woman sat next to my husband recorded the entire performance on her mobile very brazenly despite my hubby challenging her, this was not picked up by staff member directly behind us....at times she pressed the wrong button and the balcony was treated to her recordings being played back at loud volume!!!
Anyway performance as always excellent, highly recommend this wonderful show

1  Thank HayleeOlly
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Just did not enjoy the performance. The acting of some of the main characters was not convincing. Attempts at comedy almost child like. The story line lost because of poor delivery and acoustics. Great music and vocals from the main 2 characters and generally good staging. Lastly don't get seats in the balcony.

Reviewed November 14, 2013

We visited London in October and went to see the Phantom of the Opera, what an amazing show, the performers were outstanding and the theatre excellent. We can highly recommend this wonderful show.