“Great visit but choose your seats carefully”

Phantom of The Opera London
and up
Phantom of the Opera Theater Show
Ranked #5 of 357 Concerts & Shows in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Far beneath the majesty and splendor of the Paris Opera House, hides the Phantom in a shadowy existence. Shamed by his physical appearance and feared by all, the love he holds for his beautiful protegee Christine Daae is so strong that even her heart cannot resist. The musical opened at Her Majesty's Theatre on 9 October 1986 with Michael Crawford and Sarah Brightman in the leading roles, and there have been dozens of productions worldwide since then. Now in its 26th record-breaking year, The Phantom of the Opera continues to captivate audiences at Her Majesty's Theatre in London's West End, after more than 10,000 performances. Andrew Lloyd Webber's mesmerizing score along with jaw-dropping scenery and breathtaking special effects, magically combine to bring this tragic love story to life each night.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Stairs / elevator
Reviewed February 12, 2013

The theatre is lovely and the acting and "special effects" are fantastic. My only grumble would be that from the seats at the back, it is impossible to see anything. It really is not worth buying their lowest price tickets. Thankfully we got to move forward a bit. But overall, a great experience and one worth doing again!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Great show and very moving i am sure i will watch this many more times in the future. Easy to find location

Reviewed February 11, 2013 via mobile

The actors' performance is wasted on such dull story.
No climax, no plot, NO STORY.
My wife is a PHD in english literature yet she felt ashamed attending such act. At least, now she can make her own judgment.

Bottom line, I wasted 3 hours of my vacation on meaningless act.
Go there your self and find out why.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

went on Saturday night and thought show was fantastic. i was in row M in stalls and had a great view of everything going on - swinging chandeliers and phantoms from above. My 2 companions had a more restricted view at back of stalls - but they still enjoyed it. The sets were amazing and the quality of singing was superb. The actress who played Christine had a faultless voice that just soared. A real feel good experience.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

For many years I had wanted to see Phantom of the Opera, and finally my wish came true and I went to see the matinee on Saturday with my husband.

I was quite surprised at how small the theatre felt, even though it has over a thousand seats it felt compact and cozy and felt completely the right setting for what I was hoping would be an experience I would never forget. We were sitting 4 rows from the front, and had a perfect view of the stage for the entire performance.

From the moment the orchestra made their first note of the famous Phantom music to the very last, I had goosebumps. It was everything I had imagined it would be and even more, with the falling of the chandelier to the special effects during the descent into the bowels of the opera house.

The three main leads were riveting in their performances, as were the rest of cast. La Carlotta especially had an amazing voice and played the role incredibly well.

There are not enough words of praise for this show. In no way was I disappointed with any aspect and I would not hesitate in revisiting the show in a few years time. I can understand why some people have visited the show on a few occassions.

Highly entertaining and something I will remember and rave about for a long time to come!