“A real gem of a hotel right in the centre of London close to Oxford St Shopping and Cultural Sites”

Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #319 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 7, 2010

The Hotel is a real gem, the staff are polite and courteous and the layout of the hotel is really trendy and at the same time inviting.

The rooms are spacious, and the beds are as comfy as.

I would and do recommend this hotel to my friends, families and business colleagues and contacts.

1  Thank aussie37London
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2010

Dear Traveller,

My sincere thanks for your wonderful review of the Bloomsbury Street Hotel - we really do appreciate it!
I do hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future and may I suggest that you indulge yourself with the wine list in the Bloomsbury Street Restaurant and Bar...we have a nice range of Australian wines available that you may enjoy!
If I can be of any assistance with regard's to any future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
Neil Duffen

Write a ReviewReviews (3,019)

Reviewed June 6, 2010

We can't praise this hotel enough, the staff were so friendly and helpful. The location is perfect. The breakfast was lovely with lots of choice. The room was modern, very clean with a lovely spacious bathroom and a fab shower and we had three nights of perfect sleep with no traffic noise. This is the first time we've stayed in central London usually opting for hotels on the outskirts. We will definately be staying here again. Thank you to all the lovely staff at this perfect hotel for making our London stay such a joy.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Janine T

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review of the Bloomsbury Street Hotel - it really is very gratifying for all of us to learn how much our guest's have enjoyed their stay - so thank you again!!
May I suggest that during your next visit you indulge yourself with an 'In Room Spa' massage or one of our wonderful Afternoon Tea's? Both are the perfect anitdote for tired feet after a few hours shopping along Oxford Street!
If I can be of any assistance with future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
Kind regards
Nei Duffen

Reviewed June 6, 2010

When we got to the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury i was quite surpised at how modern and luxurous the hotel looked. The decor was beautiful and once we checked into our room was pleasently surprised again!
The room was very nice though later in the evening we did find out our room had been mixed up with my partners parents room who had paid for a Superior room. Fantastic for us but not for them. Silly mistake on behalf of check in staff. On the night the hotel was very noisy just after midnight constantly heard doors banging!
I thought the breakfast at the hotel was over priced no matter what they offerd. You can quite easily get a decent breakfast around the hotel without paying 18pp.
Reception staff were helpful when we asked for help and advice on various things.

When we left the hotel on returning home i realised i had left something back at the hotel i immediatly called the hotel and spoke to a manager who was quite unhelpful and seemed a little put out she was taking the call. Surprise Surprise what i left at the hotel wasn't found so had to pay to get it again.

Overall hotel was beautiful and would stay in again i will just be more careful not to leave anything there by mistake because i know i wont get it back.

1  Thank hanf06

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Bloomsbury Street Hotel for your recent visit to London - it was great to hear that you have enjoyed your stay overall.
I am sorry there was a mix up with the two room's on check in and I can only assume that they were reserved under the same name.I am sorry that we were unable to locate your item of lost property, normally we do hold any item's that are found for three months and each item is logged, but I must clarify that the cannot be held responsible for any guest property that is left behind once the guest has departed.
I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bloomsbury Street hotel and if I can be of any assistance with future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
Kind regard's

Reviewed June 6, 2010

The hotel room was on the small side but nicely decorated and it had comfortable beds. The restaurant and bar area was plush and the staff were pleasant and non intrusive. The only downside to our trip was the cleaning staff buzzing our room bell a couple of times to ascertain what time we were leaving on our last day. I wouldn't of minded but it was 8am on a Saturday morning and check out time wasn't until 11am!!!!! I felt this was truly wrong and when mentioned to reception staff we were told to keep the 'Do not disturb' sign on, an insult really as but we didn't need to use this on the other days that we stayed there. Motto here is use the 'DO NOT DISTURB' sign if you don't want to be turfed out of your room before check out time!!!!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SazzlerYorkshire

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of the Bloomsbury Street hotel - I was happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay.
May I assure you that I have shared your comments about being disturbed very early by the housekeeping staff with the Head Housekeeper- this was quite unacceptable and may I offer my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
I do hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Bloomsbury Street and if I can be of any assistance with regard's to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
Kind regards

Reviewed June 5, 2010

This Hotel is the best we have stayed in all around the World - the Radisson should give praise to an exceptional staff member ARJUN. He was our guardian angel. He did absolutely every thing for us. He arranged a early check in and breakfast for us, an upgrade, offered us his assist for our entire stay. We cannot speak highly enough of him. The Hotel itself was magnificant. We had previously stayed there 2 years ago during its renovation and that was a complete disaster. But we put our trust in the Radisson chain and they came through with this fully renovated hotel. It is in the perfect position to everything. There was no outside noise heard in our room. It was perfect in every way. You would have to be crazy not to stay there. Once again Arjun should be voted employee of the Year.

1  Thank JanetHoss

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for coming back to the hotel after your less than satisfactory experience when the hotel was undergoing an exensive refurbishment programme - the Bloomsbury Street hotel is now something quite special and all of us who are lucky enough to be a part of the team are very proud of what has been achieved with the hotel.
I will certainly pass on your comments to Arjun, he is an outstanding fellow and clearly demonstrates our philosphy of 'Yes I Can' .
I do hope I get the opportunity to meet you in person during your next visit to the hotel and if I can be of any assistance with regard's to future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.
KInd regards

Reviewed May 31, 2010

We travel to our London office 2 or 3 times a year and have tried several central hotels. We will be sticking with this one for quite some time as long as the management and service continues with this high standard. Make sure you stay in a King deluxe room as the doubles are a bit tight. Food and drink is a bit pricey but there are lots of choices of restaraunts and pubns nearby.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Nick T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words with regard's to your great stay at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel - it really does mean a great deal to us to know that you have enjoyed your stay!
You are absolutely right to point out that there are some great, traditional pubs and restaurant's around the hotel, but I have to say that we do make some of the best cocktail's in London - and we have a special 'Cocktail of the Week' that is different each week - the perfect way to end a day of shopping or to begin a night on the town!
If I can be of any assistance with future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Reviewed May 27, 2010

Spent one night at this hotel whilst on a visit to London with my Husband. From the moment we stepped through the door, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. From helping with our luggage to finding us a quiet room. We didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening, but had an excellent breakfast the following morning. Plenty of choice and again good service. Would definitely stay there again.

1  Thank peakwalker26
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2010

Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your kind review of the Radisson Bloomsbury Street Hotel. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found all members of our team to be extremely helpful - I will certainly pass on your comments to them!
I was also happy to read that you thought breakfast was 'excellent' - in fact it is about to get even better as we are introducing a Chef to be in the restuarant who will cook eggs, omelletes and pancakes to order!
If I can be of any further assistance with regards to future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.