“A very enjoyable stay”

Ranked #305 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Glasgow
“A very enjoyable stay”
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I was only one of a party of six ladies coming to London on a Theatre and shopping break. No easy task booking a suitable hotel but I am very happy to report that the Radisson Bloomsbury Street met all our expectations!!

Kris Leszczynski, the Lobby Manager, secured three identical rooms for us (2030, 3030, 4030) and they were ideal for our stay. They were clean, contemporary and spacious, especially for London standards.

Check in/ out service smooth and efficient with staff even organising our online flight check in before departure. Now that is fantastic service.

The hotel is within walking distance of London Underground and easily accessible to Covent Gardent and the British Museum.

Small note, we were aware of late night traffic noise but ultimately it did not spoil our sleep.

Will definately book this hotel again and have no reservations in recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank 4Holidayagogo
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, May 10, 2010
Dear Traveller,

May I thannk you for your kind words regarding your recent visit to the Radisson Bloomsbury Street hotel! I was very happy to read that Kris was able to offer you all identical rooms - spacious enough for a suitcase and many,many shopping bags!

I do hope you had the opportunity to sample some of our fantastic cocktails in the Bloomsbury Street bar - they are truly exceptional!

You are quite right to point out that even though the hotel has one of the best locations in busy London, you are guarenteed a wonderful nights sleep!

I do hope that I have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Bloomsbury Street Hotel and if I can be of any service with regard's to future reservations please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Kind regards

Neil Duffen

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (400)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Angelholm, Sweden
Reviewed May 1, 2010

Radisson Edwardian has a very professional staff, always extremely serviceminded and helpful in any way. The room was beautiful and elegant designed, we loved it!. We had dinner at the hotels restaurant one evening and it was the best food we had during our trip to England! The location was good, located near Oxford Street and just north of Covent Garden.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, May 4, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking a few minutes to leave such a great review of the Radisson Bloomsbury Hotel on Tripadvisor, we really do appreciate it.

I was so happy to read that you had had dinner in the restaurant during your stay - we do believe that it is one of the best restaurant's in London. We pride ourselves on serving the finest and locally sourced British cuisine.

I do hope that I have the pleasure to welcome you back to the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,

New Delhi
Reviewed May 1, 2010

The Location is just perfect. Nice places to walk around.
The rooms are very spacious, with authentic views of the area.
The staff was nice and very helpful.
The food was good too.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

I was so happy to read that you thought your stay at the Radisson Bloomsbury Street Hotel was 'Awesome' - what a great word to describe the hotel!

I do hope next time you stay you will avail of other services, such as the 'In Room Spa' service for a massage or a Cocktail in the Bar before heading out to the London nightlife...let us know any requirement and we will make the necessary arrangements.

I look forward to welcoming you back,

KInd regards
Fort William, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 26, 2010

A very good hotel right in the heart of London. It was clean and comfortable although the normal problem of not being able to receive Radio 5Live on the TV was there. Is there any reason why hotels cannot provide more radio stations?

The only other gripe was the cost at well over £200 for a night, which even though it was on expenses seemed very high for a basic room. At that price you would at least expect a large room and a few hgh class toiletries. Breakfast at £18 is a total joke, so it's much better to go over the road for a freshly cooked breakfast at a third of the price.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, April 28, 2010
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your choosing the Radisson Bloomsbury Street Hotel for your recent visit to London.

I was glad to read that overall you enjoyed your stay, but I was sorry to read that you felt the hotel was expensive, may I assure you that we are the best value for money hotel in Bloomsbury area (with a four star rating and above) and we carry out regular bench marking to ensure this.

I will certainly look into providing Radio 5 live on one of the TV channels.

Also, you were quite right to point out that there is a breakfast available at a small sandwich shop adjacent to the hotel that offers a cheaper breakfast, but please bear in mind we do offer an 'all you can eat' buffet breakfast of a much higher quality and of a greater choice!

I would very much like the opportunity to welcome you back to the Radisson Bloomsbury Street hotel and if I can be any assistance with regard's to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Kind regards,

Devon
Reviewed April 25, 2010

This hotel is exceptionally well placed being 5 mins from Covent Garden and pretty much opposite the British Museum. Check in was quick and very friendly with the front desk upgrading my room on seeing that I was heavily pregnant, to give me a bit more room.
The room was well furnished, had a massive bed compared to most hotels and a fabulous bathroom. Everything you would need.
Hotel breakfast was great, lots of lovely food and served by friendly and gracious staff.
Checked out within 3 minutes, again, very friendly and we were on our way home.
Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, April 26, 2010
Dear Guest,

May I offer a sincere thank you for your kind word's about your recent visit to the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel.

I was glad to read that you upgraded complimentary to a larger room - the more space you have the more shopping bags you can accommadate!

Please do let us know when you are returning to the hotel so we can organise a baby cot for your room and if you would like to organise a massage in your room we do offer the 'In Room Spa' service - details can be found at Reception.

Kind regard's,

Pontypridd, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2010

wow!! what a fantastic hotel, situated right on new oxford street, it was easy to find, and within walking distance of the tube station, which came in handy for sightseeing and the theatre. our room was beautifully decorated, very clean and contained all basic necessities - hairdryer, tea, coffee, ironing facilities and the all important mini bar!! the staff were incredibly friendly, and even looked after our luggage on our departure date until 2000hrs in teh evening. will definetly use again, and would firmly recommend to everyone.

• Stayed April 2010
Neilduffen, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, April 23, 2010
Dear Jaynegurl,

Wow! Thank you for your great review of the Bloomsbury Street Hotel!!

You have summed the hotel up pefectly and we appreciate you choosing to spend your valuable time with us!

I do hope that during your next visit, in between shopping and going to the theatre, that you will have time to enjoy an Afternoon Tea or Cocktail - just what you need to keep up the energy level's!!

If I can be of any further assistance with regard's to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel!

Kind regard's

Halifax, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 19, 2010

Booked the Radisson Bloomsbury as it was very central to our needs, and was a lot better v alue than similar other hotels we looked at. The double room was £230 for two nights, our other choice was over £100 more. Room was modern and clean, although a bit `compact` but for the price was spot on, and we were offered an upgrade for £40 so had the option for a larger room. Booked on line on thursday night at 9.30pm for the friday/saturday night and had no problems as such short notice. Reception staff very helpful and friendly, nice modern hotel, did`nt use any facilities, but bar and restaurant looked very nice. Will book again, but might try one of the other Radisson`s which were very close together and 10 mins from Covent Garden and Leicester sq.

Dear Traveller,

Thank you for your kind feedback regarding your recent visit to the Bloomsbury Street hotel.

It is important to us that you found your stay to be value for money - we do offer an incredibly high product and service, but we also like to be worth every penny that our guest's choose to spend with us.

Perhap's during your next visit you may want to enjoy one of our fabulous cocktails from our new menu, before dining in the restaurant and sampling some of the best British food to be found in London?

If I can be of any further assistance with regard's to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via the hotel.

Kind regard's,