Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street
$180
$157
galahotels.com
3,169 results
All reviewsbritish museumcovent gardenwest enddeluxe roomoxford stlovely hotelexcellent locationan upgrademini barcentral locationbooked this hotelsmall roomfew minutes walktube stationafternoon teabloomsburysoho
Reviewed September 21, 2009

Good location for central london, service was very good, not the cheepest hotel in London but with 4* rating you get what you pay for. If I had to find any fault the only one is at Breakfast time the resturant got quite busy but we were warned of this by a sign by the lift and avoided those times

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2009

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel and sharing such a pleasant review.

Reviewed September 18, 2009

I have been in this hotel many times for several years now (it was called Radisson Marlborough before). They have done major renovations in the hotel (entrance, restaurant, rooms) and the result is superb. I liked it before but currently, in my opinion, it is one of the best hotels in London (and the location is wonderful!). It really has a modern style but it is very comfortable and it has a familiar atmosphere. The staff is great (especially at the restaurant) and, in the very few occasions that I had to report a problem, they have dealt with it quickly.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel, and most importantly taking time to share your review.

Feedback such as yours is a great motivator to our team and we are delighted to hear that you had such a lovely time with us.

Reviewed September 17, 2009

We stayed for 3 nights at this hotel and were very pleased overall. We were able to get into our room a few hours early (we requested early check-in) and were also upgraded to a "deluxe" room upon arrival. The hotel and rooms are very modern and clean.

Our room, despite being a "deluxe", was very small, with the king-sized bed taking up most of the room. There was a small desk and chair that took up more room. However, the room amenities were very nice, there was sufficient clothing storage, and the bed was very comfortable. The only issue we had was storing our two big suitcases without taking up more space.

The bathroom was quite roomy and modern with nice amenities. The only issue we had with the bathroom was flooding the floor every time we took a shower, due to the half-sized shower door.

The location of the hotel is excellent, with the Tottenham Court Tube station about a 5 min. walk away. The British Mueum is across the street, and you are also about 10 minutes walk from Charlotte Street, where there are many restaurants and pubs.

The hotel management is very responsive to any issues, as I received a personal email after doing an online survey, which addressed some of the points made in my review.

1  Thank LadyJulie

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel, and sharing your review.

We appreciate your candid opinion, and are pleased that you have taken time to share both – positive and constructive points about your stay.

Please note that most of our deluxe rooms are a minimum of 20sq mts, but if you are given a complimentary upgrade there is a possibility that you might get a room, which is slightly smaller than a usual one.

Sincerely

Reviewed September 15, 2009

We travel to London regularly and have stayed in many 4* hotels in the City. Our favourite is the Marylebone Hotel (Jurys Clifton Ford) and after our recent stay at the Radisson Bloomsbury st. that does not change.

The Radisson hotel has some very positive points - in particular the location. Very close to Tottenham Court Road Tube Station and within walking distance of Covent Garden, Soho, Oxford Street. It is 15 seconds walk from the British Museum. The staff are exceptionally friendly and helpful and I would put them top of the list for this. This is especially the case for the reception and concierge staff. Well Done. Staff in the breakfast room were the complete opposite though. Thats another story. First time I've even been shouted at in a restaurant. I asked for butter - none came with the cold toast - and was walking back to my table when I heard the girl shout an Oi Mate at me and handed me a small dish of butter. So much for table service and manners!!!

The rooms: TINY TINY TINY - even compared to other similar London hotels. I know we had a good deal through superbreak that included breakfast, but it was only 15stg of a saving and that does not permit putting a 6ft 2 person into a room where the roof was almost hitting his head and legs off the end of the tiny double bed. Ok - they did change us when I explained the situation. Was told it was an upgrade. What a load of rubbish.... if it was an upgrade I would have been so angry to have paid more for it. Almost no room to walk around the bed. Obviously close to a bar/nightclub playing techno music until 1.30am. When I lied down in bed I could see the ripples in my bedside water glass from the thumping music. I would say it was one of the most noise afflicted hotels I have stayed in. Doors banging all night, front of house powerhosing at 5.30am followed by room above having bath at 6am. They might as well have been in the room with us. The noise insulation is bad. Room was very dark. Bathroom was large, with heated towel rain and lovely fluffy towels. However, the flood that was on the slippy floor when we had a shower meant that we had to use one of the bath towels to mop up the leakage from the inadequate shower screen. I slipped getting out of the bath but managed to right myself. I mentioned this to the check-out staff but was just told it would be looked into and sorry about that. Breakfast was just OK. Typical english breakfast and some fruit, cereal and youghurt available. Q was massive and the room was full to capacity. Tables all on top of each other and only 3 staff visible. One of which was the rude butter girl. Orange juice was like acid. I know this review sounds bad and I guess it wasnt the worst experience ever - but it was just for one night and when converted to Euro it cost 200 euro. Not worth it at all. The staff and location were top notch but the room and breakfast general darkness of the place made it a bad experience.

1  Thank i-love-ayia-napa

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel, and sharing your review.

Regarding the points you have mentioned about breakfast – if it is true then we accept that this practice is surely not a usual standard that we endeavour to achieve in our hotel. However, if you would have brought this to our attention directly than explaining this via this channel, we may be able to offer you a better explanation and may be even a suitable compensation for this.

If you wish to discuss this with us, please contact me directly at the Hotel on mishrak@radisson.com

Sincerely
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed September 14, 2009

We chose the hotel because it is more wheelchair accessible than the other hotels we researched in London. We were travelling with my father and mother and wheelchair accessibility was a major concern. Their room was great and our room was right across the hall.

The king sized bed was comfortable and the room was large enough so that the bed did not swallow the room. The decoration was more boutique than large chain. We had ample storage for our clothes and the bathroom was so large we left our suitcases in the bathroom with more than enough room for two adults.

We could see the grounds for the British museum from the entrance to the hotel. The front desk staff were sensitive and attentive to any request that we had. The " English " breakfast was worth every pound and our family of non-breakfast eaters started off everyday having breakfast in the lobby.

This area was close enough for us to walk (push) to Covent Gardens, SOHO and even the Tate Modern. This location was central to all of the train statinos that we needed for our side trips. We usually stay in boutique / small hotels but we did not feel lost in this hotel thanks to the recent renovation and staff attentiveness.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank Shane L

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you so much for staying at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel, and most importantly taking time to share your review.

It is very reassuring for our team to learn that our accessible rooms are so comforting to our guests. We hope you that you will join us again soon.

Guest Relations Manager