“A warm welcome and a very comfortable stay!”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #293 of 1,089 Hotels in London
Brora, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome and a very comfortable stay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2009

Having stayed in Radisson hotels in the USA, I was interested to see how a London hotel would compare. My wife and I were not disappointed! Our room was immaculately clean, comfortable and well provided with refreshments and entertainment facilities (including some late-night "street theatre" courtesy of the Met Police and an agressive scooter rider!). The air conditioning guaranteed a comfortable sleep on a very humid night. The hotel restaurant menu looked very impressive, if not a little pricey, but there are a number of good restaurants and bars within a few minutes' walk of the front door. For those reliant on public transport, the hotel is a very short walk from two London Underground stations and the area is well served by cabs and buses.
A short walk also takes you right into the heart of Covent Garden and the British Museum is also very close by.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, July 15, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your generous words.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our clean & spacious rooms, location and the overall service.

Kumar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (397)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Midlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2009

I travel to London on business at least once a month and often more and discovered this Radisson when it was th venue for a meeting I attended. Sine then, it has been substantially refurbished and it shws!

I now stay there every time I come to London and I combine business and pleasure by staying tehre either before or after a business appointment. I have stayed in a veriety of rooms all of which have all been excelently appointed, some with great views of London with the starting point being the British Museum across the road. Significantly, weather permitting, it is a pleasant walk to Euston from the hotel and only round the corner from Oxford Street with easy access to shops and theatres.

If I had a gripe it would be that room service could be better in terms of the food being kept hot but the staff do their best to help in this regard and are fast and efficient at delivering fod and drinks.

I am always made welcome and staff on reception treat me s a regular customer and actualy appea to remember me rom last time!

This is a luxury hotel wher I feel 'special' with staff ready to respond to any request fro service. I am always disappointed if I am unable to get a room there so I book early to avoid disappointment!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your generous words.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Dublin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2009

Helpful and attentive staff; good location and impressive decor. Our room was a good size (king deluxe) and the bathroom was very modern & had a great rainfall shower. It's central to oxford st & the british museum.

Just round the corner there's a great french restaurant "Savoir Faire" and the food is fantastic. It's a little quirky decor wise but great food and very competitively priced. Could not recommend it high enough.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review.

May I please remind you that we have a wonderful restaurant in-house, which is headed by Michelin Star chef Redmond Hayward, and served by a team of lovely professionals?

On your next visit we would love to have an opportunity for you to try our in-house restaurant.

Regards
Maastricht
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

Must be one of the best hotels in London for quality, service and value. Gotta agree with others who have raved about the place. Very nicely modernised, with every touch included. Asked for a quiet room and it was. Nice size, very comfortable, well away from the main roads, with great double glazing and soft carpets that dampened any noise from the hallway. I liked the simple touches that make a hotel that much better: not just free wireless, but a couple of machines availble for the general user. Ice/water dispensers at each floor. Fresh strawberries, raspberries, quality cream yoghurts at breakfast, etc.

Can't praise the staff enough. They would do anything to make your stay a pleasant experience; from Mercedes at the check-in on arrival through to Gary the concierge helping with issues even after I left. Many thanks to you all.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your generous review.

We are pleased to hear that your stay was wonderful and that you want to come back.

Edinburgh, Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2009

This hotel seems opulent and boutique-y when you enter, and you may think it's a bit too clinical looking because of the black marble foyer - but trust me, this place ROCKS! I was booked into this hotel as my original choice was unavailable and I am SOOO glad! The staff were brilliant - welcoming and professionally friendly. My room was compact without being poky, beautifully decorated, fresh and comfortable with an excellent bathroom. I had my breakfast delivered up to my room for a very reasonable charge - and when I left the next morning the helpful staff and the charming concierge gave me a map to find where my meeting was taking place, and directions for the quickest, safest route. Such warmth and helpfulness was a surprise, and I am very glad I was booked in there instead of my original choice! I want to go back!!!

Boise, Idaho
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

This is a very, very nice property that appears to be completely refurbished (not simply remodeled!) Our room was really perfect for our needs. The bathrooms, with their rain-style shower heads and marble or granite construction was definately a highlight. The British Museum is less than a block away. There is a small convenience store across the street. There is a bus stop 1/2 block away and the Tottenham Court Road subway station is about 2 blocks away. There are theaters within walking distance, a major YMCA health club, many restaurants, shopping, and other retail stores. The St. Pancras international rail station is nearby. If you are in London for business or pleasure, you really can't go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank SpuddBrother
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, June 29, 2009
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words.

Miami, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2009

room was very small, can get better hotels for the same price ..very avg

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — cramped spaces
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank ronan19m
Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be small and cramped. On occasions when our guests are not happy with the size of their rooms we offer them alternatives.

I would like to reassure you that we do have very spacious king size rooms as well, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to show you what a pleasant hotel team we really are.