“An efficient and relaxing experience'”

Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #322 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 4, 2009

I travel to London on business at least once a month and often more and discovered this Radisson when it was th venue for a meeting I attended. Sine then, it has been substantially refurbished and it shws!

I now stay there every time I come to London and I combine business and pleasure by staying tehre either before or after a business appointment. I have stayed in a veriety of rooms all of which have all been excelently appointed, some with great views of London with the starting point being the British Museum across the road. Significantly, weather permitting, it is a pleasant walk to Euston from the hotel and only round the corner from Oxford Street with easy access to shops and theatres.

If I had a gripe it would be that room service could be better in terms of the food being kept hot but the staff do their best to help in this regard and are fast and efficient at delivering fod and drinks.

I am always made welcome and staff on reception treat me s a regular customer and actualy appea to remember me rom last time!

This is a luxury hotel wher I feel 'special' with staff ready to respond to any request fro service. I am always disappointed if I am unable to get a room there so I book early to avoid disappointment!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2009

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your generous words.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Kumar

Write a ReviewReviews (3,015)

Reviewed June 30, 2009

Helpful and attentive staff; good location and impressive decor. Our room was a good size (king deluxe) and the bathroom was very modern & had a great rainfall shower. It's central to oxford st & the british museum.

Just round the corner there's a great french restaurant "Savoir Faire" and the food is fantastic. It's a little quirky decor wise but great food and very competitively priced. Could not recommend it high enough.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review.

May I please remind you that we have a wonderful restaurant in-house, which is headed by Michelin Star chef Redmond Hayward, and served by a team of lovely professionals?

On your next visit we would love to have an opportunity for you to try our in-house restaurant.

Regards

Reviewed June 29, 2009

Must be one of the best hotels in London for quality, service and value. Gotta agree with others who have raved about the place. Very nicely modernised, with every touch included. Asked for a quiet room and it was. Nice size, very comfortable, well away from the main roads, with great double glazing and soft carpets that dampened any noise from the hallway. I liked the simple touches that make a hotel that much better: not just free wireless, but a couple of machines availble for the general user. Ice/water dispensers at each floor. Fresh strawberries, raspberries, quality cream yoghurts at breakfast, etc.

Can't praise the staff enough. They would do anything to make your stay a pleasant experience; from Mercedes at the check-in on arrival through to Gary the concierge helping with issues even after I left. Many thanks to you all.

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your generous review.

We are pleased to hear that your stay was wonderful and that you want to come back.

Reviewed June 29, 2009

This hotel seems opulent and boutique-y when you enter, and you may think it's a bit too clinical looking because of the black marble foyer - but trust me, this place ROCKS! I was booked into this hotel as my original choice was unavailable and I am SOOO glad! The staff were brilliant - welcoming and professionally friendly. My room was compact without being poky, beautifully decorated, fresh and comfortable with an excellent bathroom. I had my breakfast delivered up to my room for a very reasonable charge - and when I left the next morning the helpful staff and the charming concierge gave me a map to find where my meeting was taking place, and directions for the quickest, safest route. Such warmth and helpfulness was a surprise, and I am very glad I was booked in there instead of my original choice! I want to go back!!!

Reviewed June 27, 2009

This is a very, very nice property that appears to be completely refurbished (not simply remodeled!) Our room was really perfect for our needs. The bathrooms, with their rain-style shower heads and marble or granite construction was definately a highlight. The British Museum is less than a block away. There is a small convenience store across the street. There is a bus stop 1/2 block away and the Tottenham Court Road subway station is about 2 blocks away. There are theaters within walking distance, a major YMCA health club, many restaurants, shopping, and other retail stores. The St. Pancras international rail station is nearby. If you are in London for business or pleasure, you really can't go wrong by staying here.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank SpuddBrother
KumarMishra, Guest Relations Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2009

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind words.

Reviewed June 27, 2009

room was very small, can get better hotels for the same price ..very avg

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank ronan19m

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for taking time and sharing your feedback.

I am sorry to hear that you found your room to be small and cramped. On occasions when our guests are not happy with the size of their rooms we offer them alternatives.

I would like to reassure you that we do have very spacious king size rooms as well, and I hope you will give us the opportunity to show you what a pleasant hotel team we really are.

Reviewed June 27, 2009

Our fantastic experience at the Radisson began as soon as we arrived .After a very early flight from Belfast we were allowed our room from arrival at 1100 am. The staff were friendly , hotel was immaculate , room was very well appointed with superior views and an excellent bathroom.

Right in the centre of all the theatres , an underground station a short walk away our only regret is not staying longer.

Highly recommended we would certainly stay here again when visiting London.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JAMESY417

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to welcome you back again soon.

Best Wishes