“Love this hotel”

Ranked #310 of 1,069 Hotels in London
West Midlands, United Kingdom
“Love this hotel”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Stayed here twice in beautiful suites. Brilliant location for the west end and covent garden. Food very good and reasonably priced,cocktails are wonderful,bar tender even made a Singapore sling to order though it wasn't on the menu and it was very good! Friendly,helpful staff throughout,perfect place for a theatre weekend and safe car parking too. Hope to go again!

Room Tip: Suites are well worth it
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, August 13, 2014
Dear Jane,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I hope you give us the opportunity to serve you again on your next visit to London.

Best Wishes,

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (404)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Haverfordwest, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 8, 2014

Fantastic hotel, clean, excellent location, reception staff helpful, suite room was to a very high standard. Left after 10 minutes of not being served in the bar (they were busy) but no acknowledgement.

Disappointed, booked a suite for 2 days birthday treat and my kindle went missing from my room. Investigations proved inconclusive. General Manager's (GM) feedback, should have used the safe. I would have if the reception team would have mentioned it. Head Office customer services (Luke) very good. They have offered myself and wife a free stay in a suite. Lovely gesture and my wife was delighted. Me however, I just want my kindle back. It was the cheapest one at £59.99 and the GM decision in my view after the amount we spent as a customer was a poor decision. I understand some customers try it on, I'm not one of these customers. As such I will not be returning or recommending this hotel. So that is why I have left disappointed. I've not down scored the review because the hotel is lovely.

Room Tip: Try and go higher up in floors, traffic is noisy.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank JJT1977
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on tripadvior, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and can only hope to serve you again on your next visit to London.

I am sorry for the incident in relation to your Kindle which you have been in communication with Luke and Xavier Paris from my office. Having discussed this matter with both Luke and Xavier, I believe the decision made was correct and based on the information and advice received from our Security team.

We look forward to welcome you back to the hotel on your return visit to London.

Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt
Reviewed August 6, 2014

Arrived Saturday morning and checked in long before we should have been able to! Very friendly staff. Room on higher floor as we had asked for although a bit small (but London is always expensive for extra space!) was very quiet. Had to duck under eaves to avoid smacking your head! Felt a bit like an attic room! Amazingly comfy bed, wanted to take it home. Huge bathroom, shower over bath. Spotlessly clean. Breakfast excellent. Full English or continental, pretty much anything you needed. Could ask for eggs cooked to order. Didn't like the tea that they had pre-made so they bought me my own pot of hot water so I could make it to my own taste. Bag drop was useful so could make the most of last Day. Rubbish wifi, could never connect to it. Overall ok, but not worth the money.

Room Tip: High floor so you don't hear traffic.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear All,

Thank you for staying at The Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for your positive comments.

Size of room can be challenging depending on the room type booked, may I suggest on your next visit you book our Deluxe King Rooms which are generously spacious and worthy of the title. Besides more room to relax in peace and privacy, our deluxe rooms also include: Luxury bathrobe, Complimentary bottled mineral water, movie every night of your stay, WIFI and a complimentary drink at the bar.

Wifi connection & speed is very important and something we pride ourselves with. We offer between 9 and up to 10 megabits download and between 7 and up to 9 megabits upload speed to our customers and carry out regular checks across all public areas 3 times a day and on a weekly basis on guest areas.

Should we face a downtime due to any reason both internal or external, we offer a fall back WIFI option including a wired connection for a guests to use.

We appreciate the time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

Excellent location with Tottenham Court Road, Oxford Street, Shaftesbury Avenue et al just a quick walk or a short bus ride away.

Good value, very friendly and helpful staff be it the concierge, housekeeping and the front desk. Check in and out was a mere 5 minutes - very efficient.

The Steak & Lobster restaurant has a limited menu but is very popular and great value. The wine list was a little limited too but we found something we liked.

Overall an excellent experience.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Glen B
Dear Glen,

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to dine with us in Steak and Lobster. As you might be aware, we have just opened two new exciting restaurants. Steak & Lobster restaurant, downstairs on the ground floor and our new British restaurant across the street at our sister property, Scoff & Banter.

Steak & Lobster, is our name and our menu. Our new restaurant has fewer options so we can focus on perfecting what we do best: 10oz, dry aged rib eye steaks and fresh whole lobsters served on the half shell. We’ve taken choice and refined it. I hope you found the restaurant downstairs easy going and fun, modern and stylish.

Scoff & Banter, Bloomsbury is just a stone’s throw away from the Bloomsbury Street Hotel. Offering a collection of traditional British dishes served straight up or with a twist, Scoff & Banter fills the void that other eateries may leave behind.

I encourage our guests to contact Kim Fraser or Alexander Banna - our Guest Relations team by simply emailing bloomsbury.vip@radisson.com , whether you have a special request, a last minute change, an exclusive floor booking – or just to keep in touch with the hotel team, we guarantee a 30 minute response between the hours 0700am – Midnight GMT.

Reading,
Reviewed August 5, 2014

We have stayed at quite a few Radissons now, have never been disappointed and this hotel has maintained that tradition. Excellent location, 2 minutes to the British Museum, 5 minutes to Shaftesbury Avenue and the top of Neal Street and 10 minutes to Covent Garden. For such a central location, the hotel benefits from being quiet and does not suffer from any excessive street, bar or night club noise. Very Bloomsbury, close to Pre-Raphaelite history and roots, RADA and “Blue Plaque” streets. Access is relatively easy via Tottenham Court Road tube, although we prefer to go to Euston Square as it is less crowded but equi-distant.
The public areas are very pleasantly laid out. Reception is spacious, although I am not sure about the Red Hart, as is the bar area which was both comfortable and welcoming (and also open for a night cap up until about 2am). Good restaurant (see separate review for Steak & Lobster).
The room was typically Radisson, very well appointed, tremendous bathrooms and good quality toiletries. The bed was, as ever, big and extremely comfortable – we slept like logs. Room safe, tea & coffee, iron etc are there as standard and the free Internet worked surprisingly well.
Finally, great service from the staff throughout. Courteous, professional, helpful. It should not be difficult but so many establishments cannot deliver so it is always nice when it happens. Top marks for this!
The sister hotel, the Kenilworth, across the road seemed to cater to families whilst this one seemed to cater for couples of all ages. Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank brucestalker1
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share such a detailed review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel, perfect location. Had a free upgrade and late checkout . Perfect weekend spent in London. Had lobster from the restaurant delivered to our room, couldn't have been better. Will definitely stay again

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Vicz78

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Have stayed here a few time in last couple of years and have found it easy to get to, good safe car park nearby and close to covent garden and the west end. the staff are very friendly and welcoming. the rooms we have stayed in have always been good with the corner suite spectacular. Looking forward to the next west end trip

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple