“Excellant Service”

Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #314 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I booked the night of the 22nd June as my husband and I were going to the theatre and it was also his 60th B'Day and our Anniversary.
I booked at Deluxe King Room and I had requested a quiet room and this is what we got .Comfortable bed , good amenities but no bath just a large shower but for one night this was fine.
Coffee maker very complicated to work out ( no instructions 0 and the room was a bit dark with an odd bedside light arrangement that you could only have one on at a time !!
What makes this hotel very good is the service which was excellent. We had dinner before the theatre and they surprised him with a birthday desert which was lovely.
And one little thing, the free newspaper and fruit was on reception where I thought it would be in the room ( a bit deceiving ) .
Good breakfast with plenty of choice .
Not a cheap stay but if you want to treat yourselves I would advise you to try here.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank KentishmaidSevenoaks
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you for staying at The Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent trip to London and for taking the time to share your review with us.

We appreciate your time you have taken to share your comments which will indeed help other travellers to make an informed choice on their accommodation when in London.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not too distance future.

Hasnain N. Alloo

Write a ReviewReviews (3,059)

Reviewed July 4, 2013

We chose this hotel for its location as we were going to see Matilda and we could walk to the theatre. The first room we were allocated was a dark small room on the inside of the hotel. After complaining we were 'upgraded' to a room on the front of the hotel which was extremely noisy (from the traffic and sirens) and therefore we got little sleep. We were looking forward to the breakfast as we have stayed in Radisson Blus before but it was disappointing. There were no bowls for cereal, no bread for toast and the tea was served out of a flask jug! If you chose this hotel be careful to ask for a quiet room.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Malliblue
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel. I am very sorry for the poor experience you have received.

It is indeed a real shame that you did not experience our usual hospitality, which has resonated by almost every other reviewer. May I kindly request that you contact my office so that I can personally resolve your complaint to your satisfaction.

I look forward to speaking to you very soon.

Reviewed July 3, 2013

Over the last three months we have passed through London 3 times and stayed in total for almost two weeks. The location is brilliant, you can walk to the theatre district in minutes, fine restaurants in Fitzrovia a few minutes down the road, British Museum, around the corner; two tube stations handy, the shops of Tottenham Court Rd on your doorstep leading to the shopping Nirvana of Oxford Street a few blocks down. If you want fast, cheap and healthy food there is a super Pret a Manger less than 40 yards around the corner. The hotel staff were amazing, there was nothing they couldn't help us with.....concierge and storage service was personal and room service fast and hot or cold fresh milk with ones tea or coffee came up quick flash. The rooms at the corners of the building overlooking Bloomsbury St are large and have fabulous bay windows at tree level. Beds were comfy, bathroom spacious, huge shower and facilities contemporary. There's even an ice machine near each floor lift. Dry cleaner, auto teller and small 'general store' opposite. The hotel was clean and didn't have the stuffy smelliness of some more traditional posh London hotels. All reception staff were brilliant and made an effort to get to know us...on one occasion when we were stuck on an early return to the city from Oxford, they pulled stops to give us a good room. It isn't super cheap but it's worth every penny. Wifi in your room was easy access. We didn't have breakfast at the hotel as were trying to avoid hotel food and eat more simply while travelling so can't make any comments about quality of food or service in that area.

Room Tip: Read TripAdvisor and see if you can get a corner room for extra space and light. It's a little...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

It is always a pleasure to read that we continue to execute service delivery with a bar of excellence and create an experience for our guests whilst in our hospitality. I will be delighted to share your review with the Hotel teams as its always gratifying when staff efforts are acknowledge by our guests.

I encourage our guests to contact the Guest Relations Teams who oversee all reservations for the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street and Kenilworth Hotels, to ensure our guest's stay is to their complete satisfaction.

I can not thank you enough for the time taken for such a detailed review and look forward to welcoming you back to the Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the not so distant future.

Kind Regards

Reviewed June 30, 2013

We picked this location so that we could pretty much walk everywhere. The room was on the small side but at the back of the hotel so was quiet although very warm (at least able to leave window open and not have the air con running as no street noise). Good shower, room very clean, bed extremely comfortable. Staff very attentive - thank you especially Mostafa for great customer service. More expensive than many hotels in London but you get what you pay for.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Bloomsbury Street Hotel, it is heartening for me to read such reviews where my teams have displayed a "yes I can" attitude to ensure guests personal preference are taken into consideration which allocating a room and I am pleased that you were satisfied with the new room and found it very spacious, clean and comfortable. I will most defiantly share your compliments with the entire team at the next staff forum meeting.

Thank you on your compliments on our Location, we are indeed in the heart of the West End and within walking distance of theatres, Covent Garden Opera House, and the restaurants of Soho. The shops of Oxford Street are close by, and just 50 metres down the road the delights of the British Museum can be explored too.

I hope to see you again on your return visit to London.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

I've stayed a half dozen times on business trips and this hotel never disappoints. Staff are excellent throughout the hotel, good WiFi and a decent bar & restaurant.

If they have room and you're a Club member they will upgrade if you're polite and charming. Decent dry cleaner opposite as well for the budget minded traveller.

• Stayed: September 2012

Dear Reviewer

Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Stay regularly in Radissons, this hotel has a fantastic location which it the best reason to stay here.

Everything is up to the expected Radisson standard except the breakfast !

The choice is poor , and the service terrible ! I am so surprised that this appears to go unnoticed ! Staff appear generally uninterested, no glasses for the self-service buffet, for at least 25 minutes. Ordered an omelette , waited almost 30 minutes for it only to find it wasn't made as ordered. An apology reference "handwriting" was made and a replacement arrived in 10 mins. Just overall I feel that this is the week point of this hotel. Took more than 15 mins to catch the one visible waiter and ask for some coffee, which is normally something that is asked as you sit at your given table. Come on Radisson, sort this out please !

Concierge and checkin all super friendly and extra helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street Hotel, and for sharing your experience on this site.

Being in hospitality, guest experience is at the heart of everything we do and I was taken aback to read your experience during breakfast which I have personally followed up with both our Executive Chef and the Food and Beverage Operations Manager to ensure this is followed up immediately.

Garry our Head Concierge is a Gem and has a fabulous team to assist our guests pre, during and post stay. May I request on your next visit that you contact my office via the Guest Relations team, so I am able to personally ensure your next stay with us is to your complete satisfaction.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

What a great location. Close to the Totenhan Court underground, close to Covent Gardens and right next to Oxford St. The service was fantastic. Front desk staff were great... and the room service menu was really good. Our corner twin room was excellent, bathroom was a good size and the breakfast was exceptional. Senior waiter was so good and service was 10 out of 10. WIFI was good but noise from Ambos or Fire trucks were a little annoying even on the 4th floor. I would return again. My daughter and I were very happy. Thanks Jeff and Naomi.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your experience from your recent stay with us at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street on Tripadvisor.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and were happy with the services provided by my team.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to post your review and we look forward to welcoming you back to Bloomsbury Street Hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,