Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street
  • Breakfast included
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
3,139 results
All reviewsbritish museumcovent gardenwest enddeluxe roomoxford stlovely hotelexcellent locationan upgrademini barcentral locationbooked this hotelsmall roomfew minutes walktube stationafternoon teabloomsburysoho
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We stayed here in January for a theatre trip. I will say first that the staff were excellent.
We had some minor problems in the bar; given the wrong drink but as well as an apology were charged the higher price for the drink we had not ordered. Ordered snacks/nuts that didn't arrive. We dealt with this at the time and that on it's own wouldn't have caused a negative review.
The problem started when we returned from the theatre and went to our room. We thought there must be a window open because of the traffic noise. There wasn't, it was just inadequate secondary glazing. The noise was relentless; buses, cars, taxis, police, ambulances you name it and we heard it. We were still awake at 3am and eventually fell asleep only for it to start again at 5am with the bin lorry.
I told reception when we checked out and was told we would be given a quieter room next time we stayed. We live in Cheshire so this could be in 2 years time. I wrote to Radisson who were very apologetic and offered us free breakfast next time we stay. Again, it is a long and costly trip for a free breakfast and a quiet room.
Unfortunately the sleepless night took the shine off our Christmas treat and we felt rather cheated having spent quite a lot of money and been looking forward to the whole experience.

Room Tip: Make sure you insist on a quiet room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
XParis, Deputy General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2013

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us, although naturally I am disappointed that you feel your stay was not as it should have been.
As you have mentioned, the centre of London is never quiet - and I am sorry that the noise outside disturbed you. I would be very happy to allocate you a room on the inside of the hotel for your next visit and therefore please feel free to contact me via email so I may arrange this.
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street in the near future and once again please accept my apologies.
Kindest Regards,

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
parisx@radisson.com

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed here on a recent business trip, and had a wonderful experience. First of all the location - I chose it because of its proximity to my office, but in general it's fantastic - there are lots of restaurants and shops nearby, the Tube is a minute away, Oxford street is only a few minutes' walk, I even walked home from Chinatown one night.

The foyer is cool and modern (not exactly sure what the massive red deer was about) and the service was exceptional. My room was modern and clean, as was the bathroom. I had one of those wheelchair-accesible rooms (what is the term now?) which meant the configuration of the bathroom was a bit odd, but nice to know they have rooms that those rooms are there. Wifi connection was great, big tv on the wall, tea and coffee in the room, all those little things that some hotels seem to be cutting out to save costs.

The treatment I received from the staff was impeccable, I've stayed in several others around London and this was by far my most enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Hasnain-N-Alloo, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian London, Bloomsbury Street, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Radisson Blu Edwardian, Bloomsbury Street Hotel on your recent stay in London. Your review serves as a great motivator to the team and would help other travellers make an informed choice on their accommodation requirements when in London.

I would like to thank you for this very helpful feedback and hope to welcome you back to The Bloomsbury Street Hotel sometime in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

Must be the smallest room I every stayed in. There was just enough room to get around the bed and a small bathroom as well. They automatically served double measures in the bar and the shock when asked for £16 for two drinks. Location was good but a poor experience.

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Reviewer,

With regards to the room size, indeed some of our rooms are smaller than others and I would perhaps suggest that you request a larger room or book the next room category for your next stay with us.
I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street in the near future and if I can be of any assistance with regards to future reservation's please do not hesitate to contact me via email.
Kindest Regards,

Xavier Paris
Deputy General Manager
parisx@radisson.com

Reviewed February 24, 2013

excellent location in the city center, modern hotel, good free internet connection.
I stayed here for 3 night and got a complimentary upgrade to suite room, excellent service, room was perfect in every detail. I definitely recommend this hotel for business trips.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Very well-located modern hotel. Check-in very good. Hotel lobby nice (with drinks & fruit at welcome desks).

Room was small-ish square footage but very well appointed and space used well and very clean. There was nice furniture, large TV, wardrobe with ironing board and very good hairdryer, coffee making facilities, mini-bar, terry cloth robe/slippers and lots of plugs.

The bathroom had a rain shower with very nice toiletries that were dispensed from wall rather than wasting in loads of smaller containers. The bed wasn't the most comfortable and the pillows not to my liking - but that's likely just a personal preference (spoiled by SPG!)

Breakfast was included with our room rate and it was VERY generous (too much food!) but to a nice standard. Service was very good as well.

Overall, I'd easily stay again for business. The rate was quite high (£245) for just a personal visit and I've stayed nicer hotels with larger rooms in London for less, but absolutely no complaints.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business