“Good hotel in dito area”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #305 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Good hotel in dito area”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

I spent two nights here on a business trip, although hotel prices have started to sky-rocket in London given the upcoming Olympics, the Ascot event and Wimbledon taking place in the week I stayed it was still an excellent experience. I had a room which seemed a bit like a peninsula, where I did not have any neighbours. I was also in the so called "exclusive" floor, so if you are a frequent Raddison guest, see if you can get room 7002, it is spacious for a deluxe room and has a lot of privacy. Location is 100 meters walk from the British museum.

One remark I do have to make in general about the hotel is the usage of artificial odor/perfume to create I guess a different ambience or to mask any nasty odors. This was somewhat over the top, If someone from the hotel reads this I suggest using this in a more moderate fashion.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel, these are more quiet. And windows can be opened in this hot...
1 Thank James290774
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, July 12, 2012

Greetings from the Bloomsbury St Hotel, and thank you for being our patron.

Yes - In the heart of Bloomsbury, our team greets guests with a warmth and geniuene hospitality. Our calming ambience and gilded spaces are complimented by an original art collection, fine dining and superb facilities. In keeping with our commitment to quality of product and service our hotel has gained well deserved popularity with many guests over the years, and we are very proud of this achievement!

I trust you (with your friends and family) will join us in the many years to come in London.

Hasnain N. Alloo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (402)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed June 27, 2012

Rooms very small but stylish. Very central and easy to get from Heathrow airport us all way with picadilly line and don't have to change trains specialy if you traveling with a lot of bags only few minutes walk from Holborn underground station or Soho and Covent Garden. Hotel staff nice and friendly.

2 Thank Gintaras U
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, June 29, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your endorsing comments about our hotel!

Behind the striking Edwardian exterior of the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury Street is a stunning four-star London luxury hotel that offers an upscale experience at an affordable price. Our bedrooms are spacious and well-lit, double-glazed, offering flat screen televisions and free Wi-Fi as standard. The bathrooms boast Sicilian marble décor and invigorating power showers, ensuring you enjoy a relaxing, hassle-free start to your day.

Without forgetting to mention - flawless and genuine service I am sure that readers will have so many reasons to enjoy their time with us!

Regards,

Reading, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2012

My wife and I booked this hotel as part of a Theatre Break weekend for our wedding anniversary. The hotel was within walking distance of the theatre we were visiting in a convenient location for Oxford street etc. Our stay was made memorable by the service we received from all of the staff who really had the aim of ensuring we enjoyed our stay. Room was very comfortable and sufficient for our needs, air-con very useful as weather was quite warm. Breakfast was first class again with waiting staff seeing to our every need. Bar staff very friendly and efficient when we returned from the heatre and service prompt. looking forward to booking another weekend away and staying at this hotel which was very good value for money in the package.

Room Tip: We had a room on the 6th floor which was fine, we were asked if we had a preference for lower or upp...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Graham W
Dear Guest,

I genuinely believe that great service (consistently echoed by all reviewers) makes this hotel such a great place to stay! You can always count on the best in personalized service from the friendly hotel staff, which takes great pains to make your vacation or business trip the best time of your life.

Being in Bloomsbury makes it perfect for you to explore the many famous London attractions (and perhaps almost all London's famous shows) within a short. Alternatively, you can make yourself comfortable in your spacious rooms; order room service and catch some of latest Hollywood flicks on pay-per-view movies and on a perfect evening relax and enjoy some of the best wines in our well-stocked bar.

I look forward to welcoming you (and your family) back soon.

Madrid, Spain
Reviewed June 25, 2012

We stayed three nights and we enjoyed The incredible locación and the comfortable rooms.
Personal it's very kind. Breakfast prices are high and it should be included in room prices.
If we find a good deal, we will repeat.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Simortega
, General Manager at Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for your pleasant comments.

I hope you will rejoin us in not too distant future and allow us to ensure that you have another wonderful time in London!

Regards,
Reviewed June 24, 2012

Central London, near to Oxford Street, Soho, all major tourist sites...a great hote which is well worth the stay when compared to other hotels in the area.
Great price too and close to all bars and restaurants for you to easily choose various food and eating options.
A great stay and hotel.
I will be rebooking!

5 Thank DGG-80

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I had afternood tea in this hotel and I was delighted about the quality, the ambience and the service provided. This was a very special ocassion for me and my friends and we had a fantastic time. I recommend the experience to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011
3 Thank Mayoyax
Being in Bloomsbury makes it perfect for you to explore the many famous London attractions (and perhaps almost all London's famous shows) within a short. Alternatively, you can make yourself comfortable in your spacious rooms, order room service and catch some of latest Hollywood flicks on pay-per-view movies and on a perfect evening relax and enjoy some of the best wines in our well-stocked bar.

I look forward to welcoming you (and your family) back soon.

Essex UK
Reviewed June 23, 2012

Perfect Location, we found all aspects of the hotel fabulous. Staff very friendly and were more than accomodating to our requests. The room was beautiful throughout, bathroom fantastic, both prefectly clean. Hairdryer, Iron & Ironing board all provided, as were all toiletries, mending kit, shoe shine sponge. The air conditioning was an added bonus, keeping the room comfortable! We spoilt ourselves by taking breakfast in our room and this was a wonderful experience. We chose the night before what we wanted, hung slip on the door and it was all delivered punctually, full english nice and hot, pastries/toast all warm and delicious. Overall we had the most wonderful time and will definately be going back as soon as we can!!!!

Room Tip: Think rooms at rear would be a little quieter. We overlooked the Main Entrance an there was a fair...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple