“Don't be fooled by the website..”

Radisson Blu Edwardian Bloomsbury Street
Ranked #313 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed June 20, 2012

The entrance is lovely and the small but adequate bar area presents a friendly atmosphere.. However I highly recommend you only stay in the Deluxe rooms or more expensive rooms. I paid over £220 per night for a 'standard room' (more than my two colleagues both got upgraded to King Deluxe and yet only two of us one of them me, were members of their loyalty club Ummm) and was told I was upgraded to a Queen room (not mentioned on their website, obviously that was a lie)..

The corridor looks promising, wide and spacious. Gives you the illusion that the rooms will be the same. However opening the door be careful you don't walk into the bed or the wall facing.. the standard rooms are tiny. To make it worse there are no windows in most except in the minute bathroom.

I got moved to another that was a couple of inches bigger.. at that point I had a prior engagement I needed to head to, so made do with the rubbish presented to me.
The breakfast is ok - buffet that is over cooked and not that good..
I don't like being lied to. Hotels tend to do this a lot - sadly they actually think we believe them.

Just be warned. Chose your room carefully.. or insist on value for money. There are plenty of other hotels that offer far more for that price per night.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a window or better still ask for an 'actual' upgrade to a Deluxe - they...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Doreen626

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for staying at the Bloomsbury St Hotel, and I am sorry for your poor experience with us.

It is a real shame that you did not experience our usual hospitality, resonated by almost every other reviewer. If possible please contact me directly so that I can personally ensrure that this matter is investigated and corrective actions are taken so that such issues do not reoccur again.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

I don't have a lot of experience with London hotels but for the money I can imagine this wasn't too bad. The reception area was smart and appealing and the rooms newly renovated and to a pretty reasonable quality. The (standard) room was very small though - and the bathroom unusually roomy in comparison - ideally this would have been better balanced. Bed was a strict double so a squeeze for two.

Breakfast wasn't included but wifi was free - I didn't eat at the hotel but we had drinks in the bar which were fine, with a reasonable atmosphere.

Well located for the British Museum and the Oxford Street shopping district - a few minutes' walk from the Tottenham Court Rd tube station.

Staff service was breezy, efficient and pleasant, if not particularly warm or personal.

Overall - pleased, not amazed.

Room Tip: If you want space go bigger than a standard.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Thank you for your kind comments.

I am sorry that you found your stay with us just ordinary and not to the usual standards of excellence that many guests have complimented us on!

I hope you will have a moment to discuss this matter with me directly so that corrective actions are taken immediately!

Regards,

Reviewed June 18, 2012

This Radisson is wonderfully located next to the British Museum plus a easy walk to the Theater District. My son and I also walked to the Oxford and Regent Street Shops and the Mayfair area. The rooms are comfortable, quite, airconditioned and reasonably priced/sized. Room 3030 (2 twins) facing Bloomsbury St. was terrific for our father/son visit. Hotel staff were all very helful and friendly. I recommend the fixed price ride to Heathrow for a flat rate of 55 Pounds in the Mercedes E Class Sedan....easy and affordable.

Room Tip: Corner room 3030 (2 twins) facing Bloomsbury St. was terrific for our father/son visit.
4  Thank Chris G
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I spent one night at the Radisson Edwardian Bloomsbury st and found the reception staff to be very friendly, helpful and accommodating. I was able to check in early to my room and leave belongings with the concierge while I explored London.

The hotel is a very short walk from the nearest tube at Tottenham Court Road, and a short walk from Covent Garden and Shaftesbury Avenue.

The room itself I found to be clean and well appointed but rather small for two people sharing. The floor of our room was also at strange angles meaning that some of the furniture stood at an alarming tilt! The hotel offers free wifi everywhere which is an added bonus.

Overall enjoyed my stay here and would consider doing so again but perhaps ask for a larger room with a view.

• Stayed: June 2012
4  Thank Packandtravel
Reviewed June 17, 2012

As soon as I went into my room, I went to use the toilet and noticed hair that was not cleaned from the previous guest. After that, I noticed that there was a huge fly flying around. After 5 minutes of chasing him, I finally killed him near the window. I decided not to throw him away in the garbage to see if housekeeping would clean it up. After saying there 2 nights, the fly was never cleaned. The room was also very small and I would have expected to get more than a single double bed for $300 USD.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Michael P

Dear Reviewer,

Reviewed June 15, 2012

Over the Jubilee period my daughter and myself stayed for 3 nights at the Radisson Bloomsbury. We stayed in a twin room and after reading previous reports on the size of rooms I was a little concerned. I am pleased to say that we had a spacious twin looking onto Bloomsbury Street. I have nothing to complain about the hotel. We found the staff all very pleasant and helpful and the full English breakfast had plenty of choice. Situation wise, it is very close to the Bristish museum and there are two very good and reasonably priced restaurants very close, Konaki Greek Restaurant, more or less around the corner and TAS (Turkish) which is across from the hotel. We even walked to and from the theatre and Covent Garden. Would definately stay again.

6  Thank Cheshirechic
Reviewed June 14, 2012

From start to finish, this hotel provided excellent service. I stayed here for one night in June 2012 after booking nearby theatre tickets. Every staff member was extremely polite and would always take the time to speak which was extremely welcoming.

We checked into the room and were instantly impressed. Having booked a twin room, the beds were comfortable and there was a decent amount of space for both of our luggage. A nice flat screen TV mounted onto the wall and air conditioning allowed the room to constantly function at perfect temperature. Our bathroom had some great features including complimentary toiletries and various hand and body towels. The shower was lovely with a fantastic massaging pressure; I wanted to take it home with me! The room in general was very clean and came with a mini bar, extra pillows, ironing facilities, bottled water and hair dryer.

The breakfast was great with a large selection of full English and continental available. The downstairs area was well presented with a relaxing feel to the bar/restaurant. Upon checking out, we asked for an extra 15 minutes and the front desk allowed us an extra hour which was very accommodating.

Reasonably priced and in the best location for many London attractions. Perfectly positioned near Tottenham Court Road station allowing for trips around the city to be highly assessable. Some lovely restaurants nearby and the British museum is practically on the doorstep.

In the taxi back to Paddington, we couldn’t stop talking about how fantastic our stay was, hoping that it wouldn’t be long before we’d return. I would highly recommend this hotel... in my view, it’s the best London has to offer.

9  Thank Claire H

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your complimenting review following your recent trip to our hotel.

We are a Four-star luxury hotel close to the British Museum offering good corporate conference options with seven conference rooms for up to 300 guests in the heart of London’s avant garde creative quarter. For statement-making meetings and events, beautifully designed, and supremely versatile spaces are clad in luxe fabric and shimmering metallic finishes. Unique to each room we offer full HD video and data projection, with built-in Blu-Ray equipment for high impact video playback. Intelligent technology makes everything beautifully simple, with intuitive touch-screen control systems in each room, and a highly trained AV technician can provide a seamless and spectacular presentation experience.

If I can be of any further help please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,