“Sublime”

and up
London Pass Including Hop-On Hop-Off Bus Tour and Entry to Over 60 Attractions
Ranked #64 of 1,724 things to do in London
More attraction details
Owner description: Lord's Cricket Ground is known as the Home of Cricket and is owned by Marylebone Cricket Club - better known, throughout the cricketing world, as MCC. Founded in 1787, MCC is the world's most famous cricket club.
Useful Information: Stairs / elevator
Reviewed October 22, 2013

There is little that can be said about this iconic ground the headquarters of Cricket that has not been said already.

If you are a Cricket lover you owe it to yourself to go at least once.

Test matches here are always special and the atmosphere never fails to live up the build up.

Outside of attending a Test Match I would highly recommend taking the tour.

At a loose end on afternoon I took the 3pm one, the group itself was a small sized one which made it easy to get around, the tour guide was an MCC member slightly old and prone to tho odd gaffe but good humoured and knowledgable. The tout started in the MCC Museum with a viewing and talk on the Ashes Urn, we then proceeded to the Pavillion and viewed the Long Room and chaninging rooms. The next part took us uo to the Media Centre and finally a phoyo opportunity in the Grand Stand.

The tour was good value, the guide knowledgable and kept things going at a good pace but without rushing us. Good value and worth every Cricket lovers time, highly recommended.

Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

Honesty I was a bit underwhelmed by the Lord's tour. I am a huge cricket fan and this was at the top of my list in London (I am from Australia). The museum is much smaller than I imagined, and you cannot take photos which is very disappointing, given that the real Ashes urn is there. You also go into the pavilion, the Long Room (where all the portraits are) and my tour did the away dressing room (again no photos anywhere here).

Our guide Stephen was great, very informative, exactly what I expected at Lords. He had may stories about the history and events at Lords.

We also moved around the stadium to the other end and went to the media centre.

I think the main reason I was a bit disappointed was that I was comparing this to the Old Trafford (Manchester United FC) tour, which was absolutely amazing, and Lords wasn't quite up to this standard.

In saying that, for 15£, I would recommend it for any cricket fan, simply because of the history and importance of the place.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

We visited Lords Cricket Ground for the last tour of the day @ 3 pm. We used the 2for1 vouchers from daysoutguide and it was totally worth it....

Since the last group was large we were split into 2...

The guide was a nice old gentleman...Mike...and he took us to everywhere in the stadium right from the dressing rooms , long room to actually sitting in the stadium and media centre...

He also explained lot of history and gave nice anecdotes...which thrilled both kids and elders alike...

its a shame we werent allowed to click photos in the dressing room or the balconies....

but we thoroughly enjoyed it....

Reviewed October 15, 2013

The tea was very nice indeed, the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, and you felt as if you were taking part in something very special. The place is very atmospheric, and overall the experience is quite wonderful especially for a cricket fan. Very highly recommended.

1  Thank Darren O
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Great tour - very humourous and knowledgable tour guide. The opportunity to get inside the dressing rooms and sit in the chairs occupied by the England players feels like a real trip into the inner sanctum of cricket. A must for any cricket fan.