“The location of the hotel is superb.”
Review of Brown's Hotel

Brown's Hotel
Ranked #21 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Poznan, Poland
“The location of the hotel is superb.”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Great Hotel, Great Location, Great staff Staying at the Brown's Hotel was a wonderful experience, it has a great location and the food / service were superb. I would definitely choose to stay here again, I was on a walking stick at the time and the staff could not have been more helpful.

The location of the hotel is superb.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank paulinasurf
StuartJohnsonLondon, General Manager at Brown's Hotel, responded to this review, November 15, 2013
I am pleased you found staying with us a wonderful experience in all respects and that you would choose to stay again. I look forward to welcoming you back.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (140)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
phoenix
Reviewed October 13, 2013

The elegance of afternoon tea at Brown's Hotel is a delightful experience. Outstanding service without smothering the patron. Delicious sandwiches and scones, wonderful clotted cream and jams and an "all you care to eat" replenishment guarantees a long and relaxing visit. An intimate atmosphere of charm and grace with overstuffed chairs, fireplaces and piano music. Not inexpensive but well worth the "splurge".

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank PhoenixFrank
Brown's is famous for its afternoon tea, especially unlimited replenishments of our offering in elegant and comfortable surroundings. I am pleased you had an enjoyable time and we look forward to welcoming you back for further helpings.
Montreal
Reviewed October 12, 2013

I didn't stay at the hotel but had the pleasure of enjoying afternoon tea in their salon. The service was very good and the food too. Totally worth it. And they refill your plates until you are done so you won't go hungry! I expected a bit more fuss but it was quite relaxed. Dress smart casual and it will be ok. Nice atmosphere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your commendton of both the food and service following your visit to Brown's for afternoon tea. We like to ensure our guests do not leave hungry and offer as many replenishments as they wish of sandwiches, scones and pastries. I am pleased you enjoyed your experience and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Celebrated my big 3-0 birthday with an afternoon tea at Brown's.

The service was marvelous from the minute we walked in to the second we left.
Stunning tea room,very quiet and peaceful,divine sandwiches and pastries ,lovely tea ,and fabulous Champagne.
The hostess must have realised it was my birthday ,and surprised me with a divine truffle desert reading 'Happy Birthday' ,attentive and kind staff, superb service.
Highly recommended for both Londoners and visitors.

My new favourite place for an afternoon tea.

• Stayed October 2013
StuartJohnsonLondon, General Manager at Brown's Hotel, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
We are always pleased to be part of birthday and other celebrations, and I am so pleased to know you enjoyed the service and all our offerings for your big 3-0 afternoon tea. We look forward to welcoming you back - long before the next big milestone.
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Went to celebrate my granddads birthday,6.10.13 with the family had an amazing time, superb food excellent service. Antiono and his staff where great, My granddad left very happy like the rest of the family brilliant time will recommend to my friends had dinner at many other hotel restaurants but this was one of the best many thanks
K Taylor London

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank KTaylor2013
Thank you for your excellent review of Hix Mayfair. I'm pleased to know that your whole family and in particular your granddad enjoyed both the food and service on this special occasion. We look forward to welcoming you back for future celebrations.
Perth, Australia
Reviewed October 5, 2013

My husband, teenage daughter and I were fortunate enough to spend few days at Brown 's Hotel on London in July 2013. It was the quintessential London experience that I believe everyone hopes to have: excellent staff, very historic and elegant boutique hotel with the atmosphere of a private club, a beautiful room and fabulous dining with a very contemporary British focus (they even offer kedgeree on the menu), not to mention the perfect Mayfair location walking distance to so many tourist sights and fabulous shopping. The bar is atmospheric and fun, and the humorous but very professional doormen made it a point to memorise our names from the moment we checked in so 'Jonny' welcomed us back after each daily excursion by name as if we were returning to our private home. Every evening instead of the usual chocolate on the bed Brown's staff leave little tubes of night cream on each pillow and the bathroom goodies 'Ren' are beautiful to use. Our only one comment is offering free wifi would be the icing on the cake and would be a welcome improvement. Brown's isn't cheap - it is five star luxury, however unlike other five star London hotels that we have stayed at, if you are lucky enough to stay at Brown's it is worth every penny.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
StuartJohnsonLondon, General Manager at Brown's Hotel, responded to this review, October 10, 2013
Thank you for your glowing review of Brown's detailing all the things that make us such an exceptional hotel. We pride ourselves on providing friendly, welcoming service and in offering that 'home from home' feeling to our guests. We very much look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.
Aylesbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

Having had afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason and not being impressed I was, after reading the reviews for Brown's ever hopeful, and I wasn't to be disappointed. From the minute we walked in to the trip to the powder room before leaving I could find no fault. I was in London with my sister for a special girls day out. We arrived a little early so had a cocktail in the bar, served with nibbles. We were informed by a member of staff from the tea room when our table was ready & no sooner had he moved away than the young lady who had served us our drinks was at our side with the bill. We were seated at a small round table, big enough for two in beautifully upholstered wing backed chairs, that were so comfortable I could have easily had a little nap after tea! The waiter came over to pour us a glass of our chosen Champagne & explain the process. Our sandwiches & pastries arrived followed a short time after by our tea. The sandwiches were so tasty & when we were offered more we happily accepted. The scones were warm & light & the strawberry jam was just yummy, I'm told the clotted cream was to die for too! The pastries were dainty & delightful & again seconds were offered & accepted. The atmosphere was very pleasant, lots of people chatting away in comfortable seats or on sofas at well laid tables with highly polished tea service & fine table ware. The waiter was attentive & polite. On paying the bill you are given a small package of the tea you had ordered, I now need to buy a tea strainer! You could look at it that it's a lot of money for a glass of fizz a pot of tea with a few sandwiches & cakes, but it's all so nicely done & now and again so nice to have a treat. I have been telling all my friends & family of the wonderful 2 hours we spent there & couldn't recommend highly enough that if you want afternoon tea whilst in London then Brown's is the only place to go. Can't wait to take Frank, he'll love it.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your wonderful review of all the elements of Afternoon Tea for which Brown's is famous. I am so pleased to learn that we lived up to your expectations. We like to provide a comfortable atmosphere with as many replenishments of our offering as our guests wish to enjoy, and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.