“If only every London hotel was like Brown's!”
Review of Brown's Hotel

Brown's Hotel
Ranked #20 of 1,071 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 30, 2013

A group of us meet monthly for dinner and drinks at different London 5-star hotels, and out of the 42 we have experienced so far, I would rate Brown's the best. I was a little apprehensive at approaching them initially, as it has the reputation of being a very select establishment. I need not have worried, as from the first phone call, every member of Brown's was friendly, helpful and efficient.Two of us had dinner there in early April and enjoyed the food and the pleasant atmosphere. Later in the month, a large group of us had dinner at Brown's, followed by drinks in the bar afterwards, and everyone agreed that it had been an excellent, convivial and trouble-free evening, one of my colleagues writing the next day that "the food was politely served, timely and excellent". Though - as one would expect - prices are not cheap, but neither are they at all unreasonable for such a delightful environment.

1  Thank robin y
There are newer reviews for Brown's Hotel

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Had a deluxe room overlooking Dover Street. The room is spacious and comfortable and the feel of the place is very luxurious.

Didnt eat in any of the hotel's restaurants, but a sandwich from room service was very good and service was prompt.

Staff very good and check in/out was a breeze.

Will stay again!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 29, 2013

I have stayed at many 5 star hotels all over Europe and the states but I love Browns. Is is truly a class act. From the momenet you walk in they remember your name and do everything they can to help. I stayed with my wife for three nights and could not have had a better time. The location is great. The staff could not be more helpful. The room , because of the high ceiling seemed huge. All and all a great place to stay in London.

Room Tip: Second foor rooms have the very hight ceiling.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Edward D
StuartJohnsonLondon, General Manager at Brown's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Thank you for your wonderful endorsement of Brown’s. Our friendly and helpful staff always do their utmost to ensure our guests have a comfortable stay and I am pleased to know this was the case with your recent visit. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

One of the finest hotel in London: amazing service ( I had some issues w/my credit card and they deal w/that in such a gracious and elegant way...!). Rooms are gorgeous ( second floor has huge high ceilings)... I'd stay on deluxe and up ( regular rooms are very nice, however if you wanna add more charme to your stay, deluxe and up make a great difference!).
Breakfast is delicious, not to mention afternoon tea... A real treat!
My husband and I we always go for Frieze: it's a very, very busy period for the hotel, but the service, the quality and the general appeal never goes down a bit! So... Chapeau!
The spa is also very good: clean and efficient, the space is nice and Sarah gives wonderful massages!
A little plus: as Italian I must say it was a pleasure to share the hotel w/Totti, Vieri and wives.
One of my favorite spot in Europe! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Second floor rooms have huge ceilings and gives you the feeling your room is much bigger.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your glowing review of Brown’s and all it has to offer in service, rooms, food and Spa. I am pleased to know we are one of your favourite European spots and look forward to your next visit.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 22, 2013

With a small child, we often go for afternoon tea on special occasions rather than going out for dinner, as it means we can involve the whole family and not have to worry about baby sitting. Brown's is our preferred venue. The afternoon tea is just fantastic. An array of different teas to choose from (with non-tea drinkers also well catered for), lovely finger sandwiches (and they'll do plain cheese for fussy children!), delicious scones and beautiful little cakes. And they'll refill the plates until you tell them to stop. And then you'll swear that you'll never need to eat again. We're going again for my birthday this year - can't wait!

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jo_Lakey

Brown’s is famous for its afternoon tea and we like to make it a special occasion for all the family, allowing as many plates of sandwiches, scones and pastries as our guests wish. I am glad you enjoyed your visit and we look forward to welcoming you back for your birthday.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed April 20, 2013

What an amazing place to come for afternoon tea. I came with some friends without a booking, trying our luck knowing it is one the busiest and most renown place in London to have high tea. They welcomed us warmly, sat us on a lovely table and gave us a thorough explanation of the menu. My friend is actually gluten free, and it was not a problem at all! Two well presented stands arrived within minutes. The food was amazing from sandwiches to pastries (same for the gluten free) and everything was unlimited! The service is impeccable, friendly and non intrusive. We couldn't expect better. A place where I will definitely return. Brown’s : a must for any Londoner!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for your review. A warm welcome and friendly service are the hallmark of Brown’s, and we pride ourselves on catering for all dietary requirements so that everyone can enjoy unlimited quantities of our famous afternoon tea offerings. We await your return.

Stuart P Johnson

Reviewed April 19, 2013

Rocco Forte has got it right. This Mayfair hotel on Albemarle Street is beautiful. I have visited this place for pre dinner drinks and dinner many times and it always impresses.

Last night I met a friend who is over from the U.S on business and we had a fantastic experience in the bar, the service from the moment you step into the room is top notch. Nothing is too much of a problem and the staff are all running a tight ship.

The bar itself is elegant, wood panelling and superbly rich furnishings surround you, everything feels luxurious.

The drinks themselves were as you would expect, executed perfectly. Glasses of wine expertly chilled and poured and my amaretto sour was great. I love the fact that you get plied with enough interesting salty snacks to keep you going before dinner.

If you are in the area and want a special treat for two, or are with friends from out of town then I would take them here.

1  Thank John C

Thank you for your recent review detailing the exceptional service and comfortable surroundings you enjoyed in our Donovan Bar. I am pleased that you and your out of town colleague had such a fantastic experience and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Stuart P Johnson