Brown's Hotel
$207
$160
$155
  • Pool
Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$155
$795
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
1,540 results
All reviewsafternoon teadonovan barrocco fortebond streetjunior suitethe ritzhome from homewonderful hotelluxury hotelgreen parkperfect locationlondon hotelwest endmayfairconciergedoormanpiccadilly
Reviewed February 5, 2013

I treated my husband to a night at your fabulous hotel for his birthday as it is always tricky to find presents for someone whose birthday is 2 days before Christmas. It was also a chance for us to have a 'night-off' from our 3 kids and dramas of building a house. It was excellence all the way. From the doorman to the lady at check-in who addressed me by name and not madam. Our room was spacious beyond expectation and the views into the offices nearby were a reminder of what a compact city London is and what an oasis your hotel is. They sent up a cake for my husband's birthday, unexpected, and we are already looking forward to coming back again for his next birthday. Thank you again for a wonderful retreat in the middle of the most fabulous city in the world.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2013

My wife and I had the pleasure of staying at Brown’s Hotel for two nights a couple weekends ago and the entire experience was just terrific. We were celebrating a ‘big’ birthday and the staff at Browns were extremely helpful in making arrangements on booking for Champagne and flowers to be made available in the room on arrival. We were though surprised and delighted to find a birthday cake and a hand signed card from the reception team there as well. These were very thoughtful gestures.
The room was beautiful, the bed exceptional and the bathroom was ideal.
Overall the service from every member of staff we encountered was excellent and the ambience within the hotel both in our room and in the public rooms was superb.
I frequently visit London – mainly on business and have over the years stayed in most of the well known hotels. Based on this experience I would not hesitate to return or to recommend Brown’s to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 26, 2013

It is our first trip to London and decided to have a "tea experience". As per our "Eat London" book, we booked the Brown's Hotel for our afternoon tea. It was delightful! Our server was as sweet as can be, the tea delicious and scones sublime. If you are interested in a real "English" experience, I would definitely recommend the Brown's Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
StuartJohnsonLondon, General Manager at Brown's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Brown's is famous for its Afternoon Tea and we are proud to keep our offering of sandwiches, scones and cakes traditionally English. Thank you for choosing us for your first "tea experience" in London. I am pleased you enjoyed your visit and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I was recently at the hotel, I was very well treated.
The front desk staff was very helpful and polite.
My check-in and check-out were very rapids.
As a leading member I received my upgrade, champagne, breakfast and free internet.
The hotel is very well located, close to everything
My suite was large and very well decorated.
Room service was very good.
The bathroom amenities were excelent.
I will return for sure.

Room Tip: Jr Suite is perfect
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive review of Brown's following your recent visit, together with your kind comments about the helpful and efficient service and the amenities you enjoyed. I appreciate your assurance that you will return, and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

From the uniformed doormen to the oak panelled entrance and English Tea Room, Brown's exudes the understated air of a Gentlemans Club . As befitting the oldest hotel in London the timeless elegance is complimented by first class staff with a 'here to please' attitude.The rooms are well appointed, with very comfortable beds and excellent bathrooms, our only gripe being the proximity of the offices opposite in Dover St and the absence of any privacy blinds. Afternoon tea is excellent,the Baby Grand Piano creating the perfect leisurely atmosphere, booking essential, whilst Donovan's Bar has a jazzy atmosphere all of it's own with a great range of cocktails.
Breakfast in Hix's was nothing to write home about and doesn't compare to The Wolseley down the road in Piccadilly.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor facing Dover St are spacious and have high ceilings, all the Dover St side of the hotel is much quieter than the Albermarle St side.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
StuartJohnsonLondon, General Manager at Brown's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful comments following you visit to Brown's, in particular towards the team who are indeed here to please. I was pleased to learn you enjoyed your visit overall and have taken serious note in relation to breakfast. If you are able to read this I would be most interested to understand as to whether you felt it is the breakfast offering or the level of service as we are focussing on both currently. Thank you in advance and we look forward to welcoming you back.