“The Best Four Seasons Yet”

Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane
Ranked #27 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed February 10, 2014

The FS Park Lane was my 9th FS hotel and this is by far the best I have stayed in.
The hotel looks like it has been recently refurbished as everything is spick and span. The front desk staff extremely accommodating when we arrived very early in the morning by giving us a room to freshen up in before our room was ready. The actual room was spacious by London standards and the bed was to die for after a 24 hour flight.
Breakfast each morning was excellent and the staff very friendly and helpful. There is no buffet and the dinning room has a very calm, elegant feel about it.
What really stood out about the hotel was just how helpful everyone was. We needed a taxi to the theatre on night. The doorman arranged us to be taken in the hotels Rolls Royce. I was helping myself to the coffee and pastry bar early one morning and the night manager helped me take my goods all the way up to my room.
Normally I am quite picky with any hotel I stay at but I can't fault the Four Season at Park Lane in any way (except for the the setup of their light switches)

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Rosserdale
Write a ReviewReviews (1,140)

Reviewed February 4, 2014

My two sons and I had a fantastic time at the Four Seasons. The staff service was great. When I lost my phone in the taxi cab, the staff even reviewed the security camera feed to try to find the taxi's license plate. They secured great tickets for Charlie & the Chocolate Factory (it had just opened) and made sure that every experience was spectacular. The breakfast options were healthy & pretty much anything you want (as one would expect from the Four Seasons). Really, the entire stay was amazing and that was truly due to the staff at the Park Lane.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Familytrav R
Reviewed January 25, 2014

An accidental stay at the Four Seasons in Dublin 12 years ago, made me yearn for a return to any Four Seasons hotel. A 12 year wait certainly heightened expectations as my husband treated me to a stay at the Park Lane location. To read the Four Seasons mantra of "treating everyone as you would wish to be treated yourself" came as no surprise and completely epitomises what this fabulous enterprise is all about.
Lots of hotels say it but few can deliver it with such sincerity… "do you think we'll encounter anyone who lets the side down?" my husband asked in anticipation.
We didn't and we are discerning and critical guests but we pays our money etc etc…"they obviously train their staff very well" my mother in law suggested on our return. I'm sure they do but I'd like to think they attract staff who like people in the first place…and they'd need to because I am sure they have their share of guests who have no concept of the Four Seasons mantra…I aim to work my way through the Four Seasons hotels around the world looking for a chink… hoping and suspecting I'll never find it...

Room Tip: we had a view of Tower bridge; Big Ben; London Eye and the Shard.. not bad
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
FourSeasonsLondon, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear JeanGallo

Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you had a great stay with us. It is very rewarding for our team to read such kind comments as we pride ourselves on our employees - individuals who by nature believe in the Four Seasons' mantra you mentioned in your comments and who work together to deliver the highest levels of service. We look forward to welcoming you back one day soon.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

This is an amazing hotel. I would highly recommend it to anybody staying in London. The staff are amazing and go the extra mile on all of the little things. From the moment that we exited the cab to when we left the hotel, nothing could have been done better. I have to say that this hotel really was faultless.

We arrived a little jaded and were very pleasently surprised with the friendliness and efficiency of the staff at the hotel. They had a gift ready for our baby to help to keep him occupied during the check in and throughout our stay. The room was very spacious with views over the London Eye and Big Ben. We were able to relax from the moment that we entered the room and it really made a big difference to us and our overall enjoyment of London during the trip.

All of the little touches went beyond the expected - baby bath, diapers, bottle warmer etc included for the baby... Frequent little cakes and sweets delivered to the room.... Jasmine tea when we arrived... Everything just worked and beat our expectations. This was just what we needed at the end of a busy trip with a long flight ahead of us. I can not recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed over MLK weekend. Was upgraded from a deluxe king to a premier king. The room could not have been better. Immaculate, elegant, stylish. Common areas auch as the lobby, bar, and hallways are also beautiful, quiet and stylish. I was celebrating a birthday and there was a delicious chocolate cake waiting for me in the room. Hotel staff was professional and personable. Check-in a breeze. Can not think of a single thing to fault. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mikeny-7
FourSeasonsLondon, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel London at Park Lane, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2014

Dear Mikeny-7

Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. We are pleased to hear you had a great stay and we have passed on your kind comments to our team. We look forward to welcoming back again one day soon.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

Lovely hotel but too stilted. Probably for snobs. Rich snobs.
Contemporary design is verified and the hotel spotless. Lovely rooms, decorated in a modern style with expensive wood abundance. Beautiful public areas, fine dining restaurant and bar, great spa. The staff represents the acme of perfection: helpful, benevolent, professional. It seems like everything in the "excellent", but I was uncomfortable. Helpfulness of the staff seemed to me persuasive, and his actions excessively ceremonial. Interior room seemed luxurious but somewhat heavy. The food was without any frills, but was presented as something extraordinary ... And all these little things, probably unimportant, and formed my impression.
And more. From the first review with a rating of "good" and not "excellent" place to the site failed. Hope this set of circumstances.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Mr Ved

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and while we are pleased to hear you enjoyed the rooms, our public spaces and the spa, we are sorry to hear you also had some disappointing comments to make. Rest assured we have taken your points on board and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again for a second visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2014

An art deco inspired decoration on a high level East Asian tradition. This hotel has the best spa in town. Even when I’m not staying in the hotel I go to the spa. They had a brilliant idea to reverse the tradition, and instead of putting the spa in the basement they put it on the roof at the last floors I order to relax or get a massage facing the park. I recommend the private lunch and massage room.
Rooms are nice, a junior suite is better. Ask for a view even for a normal room.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple