Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
1,840 results
All reviews afternoon tea china tang alain ducasse dorchester collection park lane room service bottle of champagne beautiful room birthday treat wonderful hotel buckingham palace worcester luxury concierge savoy knightsbridge
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The Dorchester has become over the years our number one go-to hotel and it has become better in the last couple of years. Many of the floors and rooms had become tired and these have now been very well upgraded with amazingly comfortable beds and modern amenities and the traditionally fine bathrooms (separate showers). The service remains outstanding so if you are willing to pay for it, this is luxury at your elbow.

Date of stay: December 2019
Mirko C, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jules060617,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us in December. We genuinely value and appreciate your feedback.

I am delighted to hear that you had an enjoyable and comfortable stay with us and that you enjoyed the room. It is wonderful to hear that you appreciated some of the updated areas of the hotel and modern amenities.

Thank you for your kind words and compliments with regards to the service. I am pleased to know you felt well cared for by our great team of service professionals and I will pass on your kind words to the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the near future.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

A birthday treat and what a treat !!! From the moment we arrived until the moment we left, I had to keep pinching myself I was really here. Absolutely everything was perfect, from room to food to atmosphere. The staff were the stars of the show, such service and friendliness, guiding us through the meal. 10 out of 10 seems to be a disservice, should be 100 out of 10. Thank you all so much x

Date of stay: January 2020
1  Thank Hollyday234
Mirko C, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Hollyday234,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your afternoon tea visit for your birthday. We genuinely value and appreciate your kind words and are very happy you enjoyed a memorable day with us.

Thank you for your compliments with regards to all aspects of the experience and I am delighted to hear the staff were 'the stars of the show'. I am glad to know you felt well cared for by our great team of service professionals. I will ensure to pass on your wonderful feedback to the staff.

Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special occasion with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the near future.

Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

We have stayed at what I think are some of the top hotels in the world. This is no exception. What a fabulous place. Don’t expect any bargains but from the room, to the bars, to the restaurants everything was gorgeous. Finest room I have ever stayed in.

Date of stay: November 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear dady8tor,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We genuinely value and appreciate your feedback and are very happy you enjoyed your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic time with us and that you consider The Dorchester amongst some of the top hotels you have stayed at. It is also great to read you felt this was the finest room you have ever stayed in.

Thank you for your kind words with regards to the rooms, bars and restaurants and I am truly pleased to read you enjoyed every aspect of your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family back to The Dorchester in the near future.

Yours Sincerely

Reviewed January 10, 2020 via mobile

I treated my mum and nan to afternoon tea here last week and honestly it was perfect! Everything about it was amazing and the staff are incredible! They are a real honour to the hotel and everyone visiting and staying there. That was my first time at the Dorchester and I am glad to say I Will defiantly be a regular now! Thanks a lot!

Kinds Regards mike

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Mikejmoore,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback regarding your recent visit for Afternoon Tea. We genuinely value and appreciate your feedback and are very happy you enjoyed a memorable experience with your family.

I am delighted to hear you felt well cared for by our great team of service professionals and it is great you know that everything was 'perfect'. Thank you for your wonderful compliments which I will ensure to pass on to the staff.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the near future.

Reviewed January 6, 2020 via mobile

The Dorchester arranged for us to be picked up at Heathrow airport. We were greeted by Fadima who took us to our room. She was kind and responsive when we discovered that they had assigned us a smoking room. That was not going to work for us. She quickly got on her phone to arrange for another room. This time on a non smoking floor. She guided us about the amenities in the room. She set up our wifi which failed when I tried.
She also was able to get appointments for my wife for her nails and me for a massage. I had tried on line without success.
Gita the receptionist in the Spa has an amazing disposition. She assisted me in making an appointment for my pedicure and haircut.
She took me to the relaxation room yo wait as I was early for my appointment.
I overheard her end of a conversation with a lady who wanted to cancel an appointment that was scheduled for a couple of our away. She was so gentle and professional in arranging a more convenient-time and not having to charge a cancellation fee. It sounded like the lady really appreciated her efforts.
We ultimately had an Executive room that is wonderful and plush. It has a giant walk in closet. There were two men who brought our luggage and helped to set up the suit cases exactly where we wanted. The bed sinks in with both structure and softness. So comfortable.
It also has the pillow top for above the mattress.
I was able to get some clothes cleaned and pressed quickly. In all our travels we have learned to pack less and have clothes cleaned.
The first night we ate a light dinner in the Bar. They were warm friendly and served tasty food.
I received some great help from Emma Fievez who works in the guest relations department.
This was right up her alley. I had ordered some liquor from Provence to be shipped to me at The Dorchester. One of the two boxes appeared missing. Emma called to place in Provence to get the tracking number. (She speaks French) She also called them to make sure that the second box would arrive by Monday. It did and I am so thankful fir her persistance.
Niek on the front desk was really nice and helpful, warm and welcoming. He was interested in making our stay a wonderful experience. Anwar who waited each morning at breakfast attended to my wife’s needs. Including pouring her English breakfast tea out
Of a very heavy tea pot. My wife said “he was helpful and accommodating and nothing was too much trouble”
The doormen have all been great without exceptionThe housekeeping ladies have been wonderful. Twice cleaning up a mess from when I was sick.
The concierge have been great putting up with all my requests for help for restaurant suggestions and reservations.
They have also helped get my liquor packaged so it can go with us as luggage on our flight home. I am sure that I am forgetting a couple of the concierge people’s names. But Harry Deavy the Head Concierge, Nikola Bozannovic, Stuart Aubrey and George( I forget his last name) all helped constantly.
Francesca Gugliemtti the manager of the Promenade and The Spatiserie, and Meret Brunner were helpful in resolving a problem for me. Thank you ladies.
We really appreciate the personal attention that we get from everyone at our home away from home when we are in London.
I wish that I had asked the name of the nice lady who helped me get the items being served at the New Years Eve passing hor d’ourves. She went out of her way to not only get them for me get them printed just like the menu. Look up my review of that New Years Gala. Also look up my review of the massages that I had.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Mirko C, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear Mr Dubiecki,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful feedback regarding your stay with us which I was delighted to read. We genuinely value and appreciate your feedback and are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay.

I am delighted to hear that you felt well cared for by our great team of service professionals. Thank you for mentioning many of the staff and departments by name and the fact they contributed in making this an extra special experience for you. I will ensure to share your kind words with them all who will be thrilled to receive your feedback.

I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your great experience in The Spa and that Gita was able to assist you. It is also great to read that you enjoyed your time in the Bar and at the Promenade.

Thank you for also taking the time to write a wonderful review with regards to your experience at the New Years Eve Gala. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your dining experience with us and that it was an enchanting and magical evening.

Mr Dubiecki, thank you once again for taking the time in writing these wonderful reflections of your time with us. It is so good to hear that everything was perfect during your stay and you enjoyed a personalised experience.

It is truly guests like you that also make the hotel so very special and we are delighted that you consider The Dorchester your home away from home.

We very much look forward to welcoming you back to The Dorchester in the near future.

Yours Sincerely