The Dorchester
$215
$159
Priceline
1,673 results
All reviewsafternoon teachina tangalain ducassepromenade barpark lanepure luxuryoverlooking hyde parkroom servicebottle of champagnethe ritzbeautiful roombirthday treatbuckingham palaceworcesterconciergeclaridgesfoyer
Reviewed April 6, 2010

My wife and I stayed at the Dorchester for the first time for 4 nights over Easter. All I can say is that we were truly impressed by the way in which we were treated, especially as upon arrival we were informed that we had been given a free upgrade to a Junior Suite. The staff were friendly and attentive without being over bearing and our Suite was pure luxury, exceeding our best expectations.
No task was too much trouble and everyone seemed genuinely keen to please.
Breakfast was more than ample and kept us going for most of the day and the choice of evening dining options (Alain Ducasse,The Grill, China Tang) should be enough to accommodate the most discerning palate.
We opted to try The Grill and China Tang and found both to be quite simply excellent.
All in all we could find nothing bad to say about our stay and look forward to returning in the future.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DevonMim
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We stayed in Dorchester for four nights.Our room was very beautiful,well and classicly (but not old fashionly!) decorated and gave an immediate warm and homy feeling .We came to London to celebrate our 12 year old son birthday and the hotel receptionist received him with a cake , candles and lots of candies and received us with a great champagne bottle.Thanks!!!!!Room service was efficient and the room was spotless every single day.Theatre desk managed to get great tickets to Wicked and Hair.Concierge was very helpful,doormen very nice-offering taxis,umbrellas etc.We did not go to the hotels restaurants but went to the afternoon tea which was wonderful -really getting pampered by the generous staff.Well ,despite the fact that the hotel is pricey,it worth it! (especially for people who emphasizie the importance of accomodations in a trip.I am sure that you know people telling "hotel is not important because we come only to sleep").The location of the hotel is very well though we found it a bit far from the tube station.
We really enjoyed our trip and Dorchester has certainly its contribution to that,Thanks again and hopefully will come again to the Dorchester.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank DafneJerusalem
Reviewed April 3, 2010

Stayed here a few years back; and while I was impressed with the hotel itself, service wise it just didn't stand out.

Thought I'd give it another go tough, and thoroughly enjoyed my stay this time. While the decor of the hotel is largely unchanged, the surroundings are still very impressive. The only thing that seems to have changed is the spa faciities; they seemed to have refurbished the entire area. I was very impressed with the new design-and the relaxition room was just lovely (worth going quite early if you like a bit of peace and quiet-not sure if it gets busy at all during the day).

Service wise seems to have improved all round, so Im not sure if when I last stayed it was just one those off days for staff; but the difference was noticable in attitude, efficiency, etc.

I had room 701 which was lovely-there seems to have been a lot of thought going in to rooms, from the design, layout and the little touches in the room. Not really a gripe as it wasn't particularly important to me but the view wasn't brilliant; so for those who this is important to, it is maybe worth asking for a room with a slightly better view.

Would I return, I'd like to; but I think that there still some other hotels I'd like to give a shot at in the near future, so I may just work my way round back to the Dorchester eventually.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed March 25, 2010

Just returned from a relaxing week at The Dorchester in London. Five Star Perfection.
There is a reason celebrities stay here. Unlike the George V in Paris where the staff are fake and are simply going through the motions to get every dollar they can out of your wallet, The Dorchester has a staff that is properly and completely at your service. If you can reside here sometime and you will thank yourself for it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SpauldingRI
Reviewed March 24, 2010

I have only visited the hotel a couple of times but found the afternoon tea to be lovely and the Eggs Benedict for breakfast was historic. As a handy aside the barber shop on the LG floor provides the best wetshave in London. Totally top drawer!

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business