My partner and I often wonder whether, by liquidating our assets, we could afford to live in The Dorchester for the rest of our lives. Being in our mid 30's, there's a chance we might have to check out of the hotel before checking out of life, so we will have to satisfy ourselves with the occassional visit.
Everything is faultless. We love the 'country house' look of the rooms, the wonderfully deep baths and that feeling of being at home whilst being waited on hand and foot. The staff are impeccable but never snooty, the food divine, the new Spa beautiful, the rooms sumptuous and the public areas luxurious.
Our most recent trip comprised 3 nights in two Deluxe Rooms between Christmas and New Year for ourselves and my parents. When making the reservation, I mentioned that it was my parents' anniversary and that the trip was our treat. When arriving at the hotel, we were delighted to find that my parents had been complementarily upgraded to a delightful Executive room. It was a entirely unexpected, but greatly appreciated.
We thoroughly enjoyed their 'champagne afternoon tea' and were supplied with limitless finger sandwiches that melted in the mouth. If we did not have a reservation at Maze that evening, I could have eaten my own bodyweight in cucumber sandwiches.
There is not one thing I would change at The Dorchester and, if you seek an indulgent break, there is simply no better place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dorchester occupies the most prestigious acre and a half of real estate in the world, in the heart of Mayfair overlooking the glorious green expanse of Hyde Park. The preferred hotel of British society, The Dorchester embodies the highest service values whilst its design and character exude 1930s glamour with a contemporary edge. Prized for its spacious and beautifully designed rooms and suites, The Dorchester’s restaurants and bars - Alain Ducasse, China Tang, The Grill and The Promenade – also attract Londoners and the glitterati alike. The Dorchester Spa was recently transformed to create the most desirable and indulgent pampering destination in London with a uniquely named Spatisserie for tea and cake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and Jetsetter so you can book your The Dorchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester London
- The Dorchester London, England