“Absolutely Flawless” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #43 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Ayrshire
“Absolutely Flawless”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

My partner and I often wonder whether, by liquidating our assets, we could afford to live in The Dorchester for the rest of our lives. Being in our mid 30's, there's a chance we might have to check out of the hotel before checking out of life, so we will have to satisfy ourselves with the occassional visit.

Everything is faultless. We love the 'country house' look of the rooms, the wonderfully deep baths and that feeling of being at home whilst being waited on hand and foot. The staff are impeccable but never snooty, the food divine, the new Spa beautiful, the rooms sumptuous and the public areas luxurious.

Our most recent trip comprised 3 nights in two Deluxe Rooms between Christmas and New Year for ourselves and my parents. When making the reservation, I mentioned that it was my parents' anniversary and that the trip was our treat. When arriving at the hotel, we were delighted to find that my parents had been complementarily upgraded to a delightful Executive room. It was a entirely unexpected, but greatly appreciated.

We thoroughly enjoyed their 'champagne afternoon tea' and were supplied with limitless finger sandwiches that melted in the mouth. If we did not have a reservation at Maze that evening, I could have eaten my own bodyweight in cucumber sandwiches.

There is not one thing I would change at The Dorchester and, if you seek an indulgent break, there is simply no better place.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank Ayrshire999

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 9, 2010

This was my third stay at the Dorchester since first visiting in September. The room was beautiful and the staff friendly and knowledgeable. We ordered room service and it was delivered quickly and was incredible.

• Stayed February 2010
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank oodlesofnoodles1
coventry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2010

If you are coming to London please be aware there are hotels pretending to be five-star but after tens of years of going to London and staying in most of the hotels who pretend to be five-star I have come to the conclusion that there is only one and it's called the Dorchester!!
From the moment you arrive at the doors, to the moment you leave the service you receive will probably be the best you have ever received!!
The new spa in this hotel is excellent and would truly recommend it.
Room service, as you can imagine in such a famous hotel it to be excellent please trust me when I say "the best room service I have ever had".
The cheaper rooms are well designed and have a luxury feel to them.
Afternoon tea at the Dorchester is something that you must try but be advised to book early as it gets busy and would be a shame to miss.
I must say all the staff are very helpful and very polite.
Do not be surprised to bump into somebody very famous in this hotel.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank coventryuk
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2010

I visitited The Grill at the Dorchester for my birthday and I would describe the restaurant as heaven. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food quite delicious. The highlight was Jason (The sommelier) who chose the most delicious wine and made the whole experience more magical. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a wonderful lunch which is excellent value in one of the most gorgeous hotels in London.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with friends
Sydney
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 17, 2010

What can I say if you can get there go! Absolutely the best accommodation I have ever stayed in. Also Marc - manager in the grill restaurant provided professional and friendly service, thanks so much!

Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2010

It was a pleasure to be back at the Dorchester for another wonderful stay. The staff was charming and engaging and made me feel at home. My room was delightful with lots of closet space and a superb King size bed.

Breakfast at the Promenade was very enjoyable and dinner at the Dorchester Grill was the best meal I had in London.

Of all the luxury hotels in London-- the Dorchester seems the most relaxed---posh without being stuffy.

Housekeeping was amazing--every day and evening my room was in perfect condition.

On my last day--my flight was canceled due to the snow--but the remarkable concierge was able to get me booked on the last seat on the last flight out to the next closest city-- and I was able to get home without too much trouble. I could never have done that on my own.

For an outstanding hotel in a wonderful city--the Dorchester is on the top of my list.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
5 Thank Clefsdorsf
Shatterford
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2010

I stayed here with my Wife and children prior to travelling on to the Eurostar (provided a good quality service as an aside) whilst the Hotel itself was nice, the service was a let down with the room service hap making us feel very uncomfortable. We asked for some dental product and after 3 requests still never received this through the evening into the morning. If you are willing to throw your money about then they will probably give you as much service as possible if you want to treat yourself as we did then look somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family