“Probably the best hotel in the world”
Review of The Dorchester

The Dorchester
Ranked #52 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 27, 2010

If you are coming to London please be aware there are hotels pretending to be five-star but after tens of years of going to London and staying in most of the hotels who pretend to be five-star I have come to the conclusion that there is only one and it's called the Dorchester!!
From the moment you arrive at the doors, to the moment you leave the service you receive will probably be the best you have ever received!!
The new spa in this hotel is excellent and would truly recommend it.
Room service, as you can imagine in such a famous hotel it to be excellent please trust me when I say "the best room service I have ever had".
The cheaper rooms are well designed and have a luxury feel to them.
Afternoon tea at the Dorchester is something that you must try but be advised to book early as it gets busy and would be a shame to miss.
I must say all the staff are very helpful and very polite.
Do not be surprised to bump into somebody very famous in this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank coventryuk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,612)

Reviewed January 20, 2010

I visitited The Grill at the Dorchester for my birthday and I would describe the restaurant as heaven. The atmosphere is wonderful and the food quite delicious. The highlight was Jason (The sommelier) who chose the most delicious wine and made the whole experience more magical. I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a wonderful lunch which is excellent value in one of the most gorgeous hotels in London.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 17, 2010

What can I say if you can get there go! Absolutely the best accommodation I have ever stayed in. Also Marc - manager in the grill restaurant provided professional and friendly service, thanks so much!

Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2010

It was a pleasure to be back at the Dorchester for another wonderful stay. The staff was charming and engaging and made me feel at home. My room was delightful with lots of closet space and a superb King size bed.

Breakfast at the Promenade was very enjoyable and dinner at the Dorchester Grill was the best meal I had in London.

Of all the luxury hotels in London-- the Dorchester seems the most relaxed---posh without being stuffy.

Housekeeping was amazing--every day and evening my room was in perfect condition.

On my last day--my flight was canceled due to the snow--but the remarkable concierge was able to get me booked on the last seat on the last flight out to the next closest city-- and I was able to get home without too much trouble. I could never have done that on my own.

For an outstanding hotel in a wonderful city--the Dorchester is on the top of my list.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
5  Thank Clefsdorsf
Reviewed January 9, 2010

I stayed here with my Wife and children prior to travelling on to the Eurostar (provided a good quality service as an aside) whilst the Hotel itself was nice, the service was a let down with the room service hap making us feel very uncomfortable. We asked for some dental product and after 3 requests still never received this through the evening into the morning. If you are willing to throw your money about then they will probably give you as much service as possible if you want to treat yourself as we did then look somewhere else.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
3  Thank ianlaw
Reviewed January 8, 2010

While a London landmark (the reason we stayed there), its dramatically over priced for what it is - much better to be had in London for a third of the price. The bar is great but the rooms are a bit Laura Ashley.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MisterBalls
Reviewed December 31, 2009

I stayed here for three nights just before Christmas. If you're in the mood to be pampered, then this hotel is the place for you. Though it cost me a little more than I usually spend, the Dorchester exudes comfort, great service and a joie de vivre which is particularly infectious around Christmas-time. Try their afternoon tea in the downstairs lounge ; so pleasant just to sink into their sofas and spend an hour or so watching the world go by!

My room was a haven of warmth and serenity in the midst of one of the coldest December's London has ever experienced. The bathroom was so aesthetically alluring and cleverly designed that it must have been ergonomically imagineered by a native of Copenhagen. Room service was of the highest calibre. Piping hot filet steak a poivre with fresh creamed spinach and fries delivered to my room with care and attention. Bliss just to sit there and sip a bottle of Czech Budvar beer as an accompaniment to my meal.

I tried the Grill restaurant for breakfast on the final morning of my sojourn in the Dorchester. Delicious breakfast punctuated by the same stratospheric levels of professional service I had experienced for the entire duration of my stay. The staff of this hotel really know the meaning of the word 'hospitality'. Indeed they must be amongst its leading exponents.

In the past, I have written very positive reviews of different boutique hotels in London. In truth, however, the Dorchester leaves these hotels trailing in its wake. It is in a different class altogether. Truly a hotel which deserves to be celebrated. It is easily amongst the top five hotels in London (at least in my opinion). I intend to return there early in the New Year.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo