My boyfriend took me to The Dorchester for 2 nights for a treat and wow I was amazed. From arriving and the staff at the front door helping us in with our bags and asking how we were to the staff on reception upgrading us on arrival. I was very impressed. Although we had about a 30 minute wait for our room we didn't care as it was so lovely to sit in the reception area, people watching and knowing we had a room upgrade. Our room was absolutely exquisite.... I cannot tell you how happy we were. Everything was immaculate and perfect. I would highly recommend having your breakfast delivered to your room, we certainly did both mornings and it was fantastic. Yes a bit pricier but you don't mind as it is fab!
Unfortunately there was one problem with our stay :(
On check out at 12 noon, we had to wait until 1pm for our car to pick us up for our journey back to the airport.... So we checked out and we asked if it was ok to sit and wait. The lady at reception assured us it was perfectly ok to sit and wait in the lobby area (where people sit and have a coffee or snacks) also another lady serving there said it was fine and asked us if we would like anything. So we were sat there waiting....no one had asked us to take our bags and the most rude man ever who worked there whispered to another member of staff what we were doing just sitting there and they all started staring at us. It was extremely uncomfortable. Then another member of staff came over and done the same. So basically a few members of staff were not happy with us sitting there waiting for our car, although we were like all the other guests in the hotel who had spend about £2000 for our 2 nights stay!! I was very hurt at this, simply because we were away to travel home, yes we were not dressed up, Infact dressed down but you do not treat guests of your hotel like this. We also did not get a goodbye as we left....just a stare! Extremely rude. Also I went back up to reception to enquire about the possibility of us staying at the Dorchester again in January, but the lady I got was very vague and said hmm I don't have those rates available. I then asked when she would or could she check for me....no she couldn't. Wow we obviously were not the type of guests the Dorchester want?! It's such a shame we received this 'service' as we were leaving as the rest of the stay was amazing and all of the staff we had met before that had been fantastic.
So...not really sure we will be staying in January!! It's such a shame as every guest should be treated the same.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dorchester occupies the most prestigious acre and a half of real estate in the world, in the heart of Mayfair overlooking the glorious green expanse of Hyde Park. The preferred hotel of British society, The Dorchester embodies the highest service values whilst its design and character exude 1930s glamour with a contemporary edge. Prized for its spacious and beautifully designed rooms and suites, The Dorchester’s restaurants and bars - Alain Ducasse, China Tang, The Grill and The Promenade – also attract Londoners and the glitterati alike. The Dorchester Spa was recently transformed to create the most desirable and indulgent pampering destination in London with a uniquely named Spatisserie for tea and cake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your The Dorchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester London
- The Dorchester London, England