I had a terrible experience during afternoon tea at the Dorchester. As reflected in other reviews the service was the slowest I have ever encountered- as someone else mentioned the staff quickly moved their focus to other tables. We were there for 2 and a half hours before the cakes arrived and when they did the waitress couldn't even recall what they were. Our tea by then was stone cold and not an offer of a refill came our way. A glass of champagne was pushed over into my lap, onto my belongings. Barely a sorry left the young girls mouth. Please, please if you have any sense take your money elsewhere. I have since heard great things about Claridges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Dorchester occupies the most prestigious acre and a half of real estate in the world, in the heart of Mayfair overlooking the glorious green expanse of Hyde Park. The preferred hotel of British society, The Dorchester embodies the highest service values whilst its design and character exude 1930s glamour with a contemporary edge. Prized for its spacious and beautifully designed rooms and suites, The Dorchester’s restaurants and bars - Alain Ducasse, China Tang, The Grill and The Promenade – also attract Londoners and the glitterati alike. The Dorchester Spa was recently transformed to create the most desirable and indulgent pampering destination in London with a uniquely named Spatisserie for tea and cake. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Dorchester reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester Hotel London
- Dorchester London
- The Dorchester London, England