“Fantastic Experience”
Review of The Dorchester

The Dorchester
Ranked #49 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 3, 2013

Stayed for 3 nights last November and had a "perfect" stay. What an amazing hotel and was worth the extra cost. Everyone was super helpful and service was spot on at all times. I was upgraded into a most amazing suite and treated like royalty. Life does not get too much better I tell you. Will visit again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Dear MYHOTRODs,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your 3 night stay at The Dorchester and how highly you valued the service. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.
Kind regards, Stephane Lafon, Director of Food and Beverage, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

There are newer reviews for The Dorchester

Reviewed April 24, 2013

We stayed 4 nights over an extended weekend and enjoyed everything this wonderful hotel has to offer. Exquisite dinner at China Tang, one of my best Chinese dinner ever. Afternoon tea in the Promenade accompanied with champagne is the perfect way to end a day of shopping. Breakfasts are great. Rooms in mint conditions with all you need. Beds an absolute dream to sleep in. Staff..perfect in every way. All in all, if you want to spend a few pounds extra on accommodations this is the place!

1  Thank Eric H
PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2013

Dear Eric H,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind comments of your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that you had the opportunity to enjoy dinner in China Tang, champagne afternoon tea at The Promenade as well as shopping in London. I will share your kind comments with all teams involved and I hope to get the opportunity to welcome you here again soon.

Reviewed April 24, 2013

As a treat for an anniversary, we stopped here after dinner at Alain Ducasse (a must). The staff were aware it was a treat and had treated us to some little extras in our room, which was very thoughtful. Thank you!

The room itself was a Deluxe King (I think), which was delightful. The bed was a dream to sleep on and you couldn't help but wake rested, ready to read the paper and head for breakfast. I would love to go and have a bath and a sleep in that room every Friday after work.

The breakfast was great, delicious fruit salad, pastries and waffles in the Grill. The service was always friendly and helpful. A zero-fault stay.

Dear JohnRPearson,
I am very pleased to read that you chose The Dorchester to celebrate your anniversary and how much you enjoyed your dinner at Alain Ducasse and your room. I am delighted you enjoyed a restful night and how highly you valued the service. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the rest of the team and I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

Stayed for one night on a recent shopping trip. First time we have stayed here. From check in to check out everything ran perfectly, we stayed in a Superior King on the eighth floor overlooking Hyde Park. Great tasting breakfast in the Grill, possibly not £32 worth but everything else seemed quite reasonable, so happy to overlook that, cocktails in 'The Bar' were delicious, will certainly consider the Dorchester again

Room Tip: Stayed on the eighth floor with views over Hyde Park.
1  Thank GT2TODO
PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear GT2TODO,
I am delighted you chose to stay at The Dorchester during your recent visit to London and how much you enjoyed your room with views of Hyde Park, breakfast in The Grill and cocktails in The Bar. I will pass on your kind comments to the team here and I look forward to welcoming you here on your next visit.

Reviewed April 19, 2013

I booked this hotel for a friend and myself to celebrate 20 years of friendship, we were only staying the night going to a show. when we arrived the doormen were very nice and put us at ease straight away , the person who took us to our room was very professional, we went to see our show as planned, on our return to the hotel being a saturday night it was extremely busy, we went to the bar to have a drink before going to our rooms , the barman was extremely rude to , we only wanted a diet coke and a water he looked me up and down and said in a very profesional manner there is a twenty pound minimum order unless of course you are staying here . i got my room key out at which point he got me my drink . i found this attitude unwaranted just because i was not dripping in diamonds he thought he could speak down to me. i have been offered a free stay at the hotel to make up for the experience , but have not and will not be takeing them up on the offer if i cant be treated correctly the first time im not going back for them to try again

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
13  Thank sezzy1138
PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear Sezzy1138,
I am very concerned to read about your recent experience at The Dorchester and would very much like to discuss this with you further, if you could kindly contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Should not talk too much when it comes to this hotel.
Cleanliness is perfect, which is what attracted me to come for the third time.
Breakfast is very nice as service, of course.
Staff very professional and kind, also patient, witch is very important to me.

Room Tip: Rooms on a higher floor
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank JohnWilliams74
PromenadeDorchester, General Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2013

Dear JohnWilliams74,
I am delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us and how highly you valued the service, food and cleanliness. I will share your comments with the rest of the team and I hope to welcome you here again soon.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Just had a beautiful stay at the Dorchester to celebrate our civil partnership. Staff were wonderful you really do get 5 star service from the onset. The room was super we stayed in executive room. Housekeeping staff very helpful and courteous. Breakfast was marvellous. I can not fault this hotel and would say to anyone please if you can budget for it stay here.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mitchcc

Dear Mitchcc,
Thank you for your kind review of your recent stay at The Dorchester and I am delighted you chose to celebrate your civil partnership with us. It is a pleasure to read how much you appreciated the service, your room and the breakfast during your stay and it will my pleasure to share your comments with the team here. I look forward to welcoming you on your next stay with us.