“Excellent, excellent, excellent”
Review of The Dorchester

The Dorchester
Ranked #48 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Beautiful Grand Dame of London. This hotel is well situated to London attractions but once you're in the hotel, you never want to leave. Restaurants are excellent, service is great and the hotel is very comfortable. Don't forget to check out the spa--fantastic! We will be returning soon.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,631)

Reviewed January 20, 2013

This is a great hotel in every respect. The common areas are gorgeous as are the rooms. I'm very particular and critical and I can't say a bad word.
This is one of the greatest hotels in the world.
The service is exemplary and what makes it so special is that, unlike some of its competitors, there is no "attitude" or condescension--the staff are genuinely caring. For instance, if you want a cup of coffee/ tea in the promenade bar, there is no dress code; instead be comfortable. I really appreciate this--who wants to dress up to relax?
Ate at the Grill room twice and was exceptional both times.Both times we shared a dinner and "no problem".
Also had dinner at the Promenade Bar on 2 occasions and it too was perfect.
Magnificent sheets,pillows, towels. It was so comfortable, we didn't get out of bed til 11am.
What a pleasure to stay here--I've never been to hotel that is better.

Room Tip: If it's a slow time, they will likely upgrade you with a smile
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Attended a conference in London and took the opportunity to stay at the Dorchester. From the professional and equally friendly greeting by the door team, this experience continued throughout our stay. The room exceeded expectations and the icing on the cake was a 'Dorchester' bookmark placed in my bedside book by the turn down team.
After taking the opportunity to see a musical, we returned to have roomservice and regardless that it was mid night, the service and quality was superb.
My final comment is that I've never stayed in a hotel with such soft and comfortable pillows. Your head 'melts' into them and anybody thinking of treating themselves to a stay, I would personally highly recommend this hotel

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Dear Boss17,
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about your stay at The Dorchester. I am pleased to hear that the service, food and rooms at The Dorchester surpassed your expectations and you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate all feedback and I shall pass your comments onto the team who looked after you – especially housekeeping, for ensuring you will remember us and never again lose your page.
Kind Regards, John Scanlon, Hotel Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This was our second time at the Dorchester, what makes it ? The staff. Special mention to the piano bar staff in particular Stacey the sax player and double bass guy who remembered my wife from our last time and played some lovely take that tunes in fantastic venue. We have booked again for 15th feb but have had to cancel due to business but we will certainly be back this year. I would advise a exec room as over looks Hyde park.

Thanks for great time

Special mention to piano bar and avi the manager who has been uber helpful even after a few bottles of Dom perigon.

Room Tip: The spa in my opinion is more of a treatment area , no pool or hot tub but staff are great and give...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear pauliooh,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time in The Promenade at The Dorchester and have continued to have such lovely experiences in the Piano Bar. Your kind words about the friendliness and attentive service of our staff is greatly appreciated and I shall pass your feedback onto the team who made your stay so memorable. I shall look forward to welcoming you again in the near future,

Reviewed January 18, 2013

We were on holiday from Tasmania and I had always wanted to go there and have high tea in the Promanade, as my mother went there when she was at school, and had often spoken of it. Well we went and what a treat, the high tea is on another level completely from other places. Loved it and next time we will also stay at the hotel. Thankyou for a memorable evening.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Vera,
Thank you for taking the time to visit The Dorchester during your time in London and for your glowing review of The Promenade. I am delighted to hear that our Afternoon Tea surpassed your expectations. . It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit to England.
Kind regards, Stephane Lafon, Director of Food and Beverage, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Part of my Christmas present from my Sons this year included lunch at The Dorchester. What a superb idea! The whole experience was exquisite. Pre-lunch drinks in the bar from their award winning cocktail maker were delicious. The overall service was perfect from attentive and interested staff. Lunch was extraordinarily superb. Colours, textures and taste jumping off our plates throughout the meal. A wonderful restaurant and I can highly recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family

Dear ArizonaSky,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of your dining experience at The Dorchester. I am delighted to hear your expectations of the food, staff, and service were surpassed and you thoroughly enjoyed your afternoon. I am pleased to read you also enjoyed sampling some of our delicious cocktails. It will be my pleasure to share your comments with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you on your next visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

This hotel is definitely one of the best in London, location opposite the park is very nice, some very important people in and around the hotel. Breakfast should have more choice, but good. Room was good, but a bit more 'traditional' then that of the Savoy. I don't think there is a swimming pool here? Christmas tree was up and looked very festive and the lobby had a nice atmosphere.

Room Tip: Park view please
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple