The Dorchester
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Room Service
  • Room Service
1,656 results
All reviewsafternoon teachina tangalain ducassepromenade barpark lanepure luxuryoverlooking hyde parkroom servicebottle of champagnethe ritzbeautiful roombirthday treatbuckingham palaceworcesterconciergeclaridgesfoyer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our daughter treated my husband and I to tea the Friday before Christmas. What a wonderful treat. Everything was exceptional; service, sandwiches, cream scones, pastries, champagne and the selection of teas. The ambiance created by twinkling christmas tree lights and the pianist reeling out old and new christmas tunes was lovely. Thank you for a very special evening to the Dorchester staff.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
PromenadeDorchester, Director of Food and Beverage at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

Dear grevWatford,
I am delighted to read how much you and your husband enjoyed our festive afternoon tea in The Promenade. It will be my pleasure to share your kind feedback with the team here and I hope to welcome you back here again in the not too distant future.
Kind regards, Stephane Lafon, Director of Food and Beverage, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed January 3, 2013

I was interested in staying at The Dorchester because I wanted an English experience in a hotel that had history and character. This hotel definitely has all of that. Door Staff were excellent and helpful, Concierge Staff helped with restaurant reservations although I do think this particular staff, at any hotel, get a litttle burned out with countless reservations and directions and tend to just do the easy quick thing, without really finding out what the guest might be looking for in a dining experience, or the directions given are a little too vague. Front desk staff were welcoming. That said, the hotel exuded charm and elegance, the corridors were brightly decorated and looked like jewel boxes. Our room was a middle priced option (King with a view of Hyde Park). Everything was superb about the room, ample closets, beautiful bathroom, handy reading lights with switches by the bed, excellent linens and comfortable bed. THe only draw back was that right outside this room were 2 large spot lights that I assume light up the hotel and add to the exterior presentation...these however shine right in the windows all night. The room darkening curtains help, but when you are trying to adjust to a major time zone change I find it helpful to have the curtains open so you can begin to wake up with the morning light. THis was not possible. (RM 215). We had tea in "the Lobby" flanked by huge pillars and comfortable couches and chairs. Excellent. This area seemed quite busy most of the time with many groups settling there for the day.This hotel seems very popular with Middle Eastern guests and the menus throughout the hotel offer many interesting options. Great place to stay, easy walk to Harrods and other shopping as well as neighborhood shops and quiet (very good)restaurants.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Hotel Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Dear Nordic1,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such kind words about your recent experience of The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service and our afternoon tea. I hope you come again soon and I’d be delighted to reserve a table for you in one of our other food offerings, including The Grill at The Dorchester, three Michelin-starred Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester and China Tang at The Dorchester. Please also let me know when you are next to stay and I will be sure to allocate you in a room away from the main exterior to aid your transition to the British time zone. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards, John Scanlon, Hotel Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed January 3, 2013

Everyone thinks "on my.......The Dorchester" when really it's nothing more than a very nice place to go.
My friend and I had dinner in The Grill which was rather fancy but not exceptional.
The one thing which really let it down was the very long wait for the bill which i could have done without considering i had a train to catch and then had to rush.
All in all a nice experience but will look for better next time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank lisa S

Dear lisa080171
Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback from your recent dinner in The Grill at The Dorchester. I was disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations and also with the delay you experienced when paying your bill. All feedback is of value to us and I can assure you that we will address your concerns with the team. Can I kindly ask that you contact myself directly or our Director of Food and Beverage, Stephane Lafon, as we would very much like to discuss this with you further.
Kind regards,
John Scanlon, Hotel Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Well, when I check in at famous hotels I expect nothing but highest quality. The Dorchester disapppointed me. Maybe I was just unlucky, as other reviews are extatic. Let's start with the beginning. I stayed in a deluxe room, which was spacious and nicely decorated. The view was to a nearby building but I didn't care. The bathroom was lovely, with great toiletries from Aromatherapy Associates. Soon after checking in, I wanted to have a shower when...guess what? A hotel male employee entered in my room carrying a luggage - of course he didn't knock on the door... Oh, I forgot to mention that I am a woman and lucklily, I was still dressed. Following the hotel employee was a hotel guest, who was assigned the wrong room...my room! Ten minutes after, I got a phone call from the Reception: "Hello, are you Mrs.X?" "Yes. What happened?" "Nothing, just checking." No excuse was offered for employee's mistake! My colleagues who stayed in the same room category had fruit baskets in their rooms...not me. The breakfast was dissapointing: no buffet just a fixed menu - pastries, fruit salad, eggs (omlette). The waiter forgot to bring the bread at the table, the eggs were cold and only one pastry basket was served for two people. I also had lunches at the hotel, the food was good but not exceptional. Overall it was OK but I expect more from The Dorchester. I got better services in other London hotels so I will certainly stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Pifulet,
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback of your recent stay at The Dorchester. All feedback we receive is invaluable and I am deeply concerned to read that the service did not live up to your expectations. I would very much like to discuss this with you further if you could kindly contact me at the hotel directly.
Kind regards,
John Scanlon, Hotel Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We stay every New Years Eve have done for probably 7 of the last 8 anyway.
Lovely relaxed hotel, reasonable rates too, just book it early and you can have a superior king at £265 plus the VAT for NYE, not bad when you consider people trying to get on later are quoted double.
So the room was nice as usual, the buzz was good around the hotel and Park Lane and its hotels is as good a place as any this time of year.
Had a chinese in China Tang which was dire, but doesnt effect the hotel experience.
One thing is that its ever so dry in the hotel when you wake up you need fresh air.
Not a dealbreaker though.
Our favourite in London.
Quality.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Hotel Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

Dear dave657,
Thank you for taking the time to write such kind words about The Dorchester. I am delighted to hear you had an enjoyable stay this New Years Eve, as well as your continued loyalty to The Dorchester and 45 Park Lane.
I am very sorry to hear that your experience of China Tang did not live up to your expectations. We will respond to your China Tang at The Dorchester review and address the issues you experienced here separately. Please also let me know when you are next to stay with us and I will place a humidifier in your room to help combat the dry air in the morning.
I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotels in the near future, and for the 2013 festive season.