“The Perfect Place for a Celebration”
Review of The Dorchester

The Dorchester
Ranked #52 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed December 10, 2012

We visited for a weekend to celebrate my 18th birthday and the stay was nothing short of amazing. We were looked after fantastically and it was a hugely memorable weekend.

The hotel kindly laid on special touches for my birthday which included a bottle of Champagne and a delicious and beautifully presented birthday cake. The Christmas Tree in the lobby was stunning, as were the decorations in the Promenade which made breakfast even more special. The breakfasts were enormous and cooked to perfection. The staff were so obliging and seemed like nothing was too much trouble. The gingerbread model of the hotel in the lobby is a feat of engineering!

Would definitely return!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Dear Mary E,
Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that chose to celebrate your 18th with us and how much you enjoyed the experience. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed the Champagne and birthday cake and I will share your kind comments with the team here. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Kind regards, John Scanlon, Hotel Manager, The Dorchester, Dorchester Collection

Write a ReviewReviews (1,611)

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Stayed two nights at the Dorchester lovely room with a very comfy bed , the service was excellent all the staff could not do enough for you . Food was superb loved the breakfast served in the room
Well worth the money. The Dochester has a lovely comfy feel and the Christmas tree and decoration definately made me feel in the Christmas mood. Thanks to all the staff for making our weekend magical

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2012

Dear saz16,
Many thanks for taking the time to write about The Dorchester. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit and that our Christmas decorations gave you a sense of the season. I look forward to seeing you on another occasion.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

I booked for a one night stay for my annual Christmas trip to London with a friend. I had searched a few hotels but decided upon The Dorchester. Was it worth it? Absolutely.
Everything from the moment we arrived until the moment we left, everything was flawlesss. Nothing was too much trouble for any of the staff (even delivering a toothbrush and toothpaste to me at 2am when I realised I had not packed mine). The cocktails are amazing, the breakfast to die for and the genuine care and consideration from the staff second to none.
There was an unfortunate incident when my friend checked a bag into the cloakroom and an item was broken when the attendant dropped her bag. The hotel sent someone to go to Fortnum & Mason's and replace the broken item for her. What fantastic service is that?
I am looking to spend a couple of days in London in the Spring and believe I will be hard pushed to find a better hotel than this for my stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends

Dear atfran132,
Thank you for taking the time to write such a kind review of your recent stay at The Dorchester. It is a pleasure to read how much you and your friend enjoyed every moment of your stay including the cocktails and breakfast. We look forward to welcoming you back soon again.

Reviewed December 4, 2012

Me and my mother visited for her birthday late November, we are still overwhelmed by our stay and the service we received. We were treated like royalty the while time, nothing was too much trouble for them, everything tied up, all previous planned arrangements went perfectly. A lovely free bottle of bubbly. If a place like the Dorchester can treat 'nobodies' like this when they are dealing with the rich and famous day in day out then they deserve all the praise they get. Oh and the pillows were heavenly!

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 5, 2012

Dear MrsReese86,
Thank you for your very kind feedback following your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that you chose to celebrate your mothers birthday with us and how much you both enjoyed the experience. I will share your kind comments with the team and I look forward to welcoming you both back in the hopefully not too distant future.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

We love staying at the dorchester and always enjoy our overnight stay at the beginning of December when we go to London for Christmas shopping. As ever the room and staff were great.
However, arriving for breakfast at around 10.00am on Sunday morning we found people having to queue and we were being told of a wait time of 30-40 minutes. The two girls behind the lecturn were getting a little flustered as people were getting angry and walking away. I accept that there are only so many seats and tables but the staff must have had some idea as to when people turn up for breakfast plus, it's the Dorchester and we're are paying good money for great service. Things seemed to improve a little when management arrived, but by then the damage had been done. Our actual wait was still around 20 minutes. It won't stop us visiting again but you don't expect this sort of issue at London's best.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Peter C,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave feedback on your recent stay at The Dorchester and I am delighted to read that you chose to stay with us prior to your Christmas Shopping. It is a pleasure to read that you enjoyed the room and service but I am disappointed to read about the wait for breakfast in The Promenade. All feedback is of value to us and I can assure you that we will address your concerns and I look forward to welcoming you back personally when you next return.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

I decided to take my mum to The Dorchester for 3 nights for her birthday. We were treated like royalty from before we even arrived. I emailed ahead to explain the purpose of our visit, and they ensured that notes were added to our booking. To our surprise we were upgraded on arrival. On a side note, Rod Stewart was standing in the lobby! When we arrived to our very spacious room, there was a lovely Birthday Cake on display, with a huge fruit bowl, box of chocolates, and a letter from the manager welcoming us to the hotel. What a great start to our trip. I made a reservation at China Tang, the in-house chinese restaurant. It was probably the best Chinese restaurant we have ever dined at. The quality of the meat was superb. I'd highly recommend it. We used the bar a few times during our stay. Sat next to Chris Eubank and Matt Goss. Another lovely experience for my mum! Breakfast was probably the best thing about our stay. The amount/quality was second to none, and the service was very attentive. I will return as soon as possible.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank CraigNewcastle

Dear CraigNewcastle,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such kind feedback of your recent stay at The Dorchester. I am delighted to read that you chose us to celebrate your mother’s birthday with us and how welcomed you felt during your stay. It will be a pleasure to share your feedback with China Tang and the rest of the team and I hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back soon again.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having gone to London for a random day out, our car decided to misbehave, so knowing we were unable to get home (2hrs away) we checked into the Dorchester....we were not dressed to the nines, and probably looked a little dishevelled, yet the staff couldn't have been more helpful, friendly and accomodating, upgrading us to a wonderful suite with a jacuzzi bath, lounge and dining room! We've stayed in many hotels, but will now go out of our way to stay here! The front of house staff were fantastic.

• Stayed: December 2012
thedorchester, Manager at The Dorchester, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Instructdrive,
Many thanks for taking the time to leave such a kind review of your recent stay at The Dorchester and I am delighted to read that we were able to accommodate following your car troubles. It will be a pleasure to share your review with the team and I look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.