“One night stay”

The Capital Hotel
Ranked #41 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“One night stay”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Charming staff in great location. Arrived early and was immediately taken to my room. Next day
Left late and no trouble looking after my luggage. Did not use dining room but excellent bar and good breakfast apart from coffee. Ask for speciality one, otherwise comes stewed in a china photo

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Kate_Levin, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this review, May 8, 2014
Thank you so much for reviewing you stay with us. I am delighted to hear that we were able to accommodate your early check in and that the team looked after you so well during your visit. I hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.

Kate

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Gent, Oost-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed April 8, 2014

I've been here before, enjoyed it very much and come back again and again...
time to confirm it once more in Tripadvisor.
THIS is how a hotel should be - period -

Congratulations to the Capital team for service, cleanliness, friendliness.
Please keep up that spirit and quality.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
What a wonderful review, thank you so much. It means a great deal to the team and I to read such high praise. I very much hope to be welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Ingatestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 5, 2014

We like to regularly try out the set lunch deals offered by well known venues of chef's in London. The set lunch is a great way to identify how good a restaurant is. In our view, you get a snapshot of what they are capable of and whether to want to go back for a more expensive evening meal or tasting menu for a special occasion.

I'm delighted to report that Nathan Outlaw at The Capital gets top marks in every respect, from service to ambience to quality of the food and finally value for money. One of the best lunches we've ever had, will certainly be returning and are looking forward to trying out Mr Outlaw's main restaurant when we visit Cornwall in September this year.

We visited on a Tuesday. We had a drink in the bar and some very nice nibbles, albeit this pushes up the price considerably, but you have to accept it's London. We were brought menus and were able to select our food, a choice of 3 starters, mains and dessert. We purposely selected different things as it gives a chance to taste each others - we weren't disappointed with any dish!

The food was excellent. I could wax lyrical, but I won't - you should go try it for yourself!

There were a handful of other people in the restaurant at the time, which is a surprise. This quality of food and service in a restaurant should ensure it is full every day.

Together with an exquisite canape' at the table before the starter and coffee and petit fours after, where else can you have 3 courses and this quality of food and service in London for £25 per head?

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Colin H
Thank you so much for your lovely review of Outlaw's. Nathan and Pete his head chef are very proud of their set lunch menu and as you might be aware we won "Best Value Set Lunch Menu" in the Waitrose Good Food Guide this year. I hope that you will join us again either for lunch or dinner. Sharon our restaurant manager and her team look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed March 18, 2014

The Capital is our "home away from home" whenever in London, which is every 2-3 months for a stay of at least 4-5 nights. Convenient location is important, but the friendly, warm staff, who always welcome us by name, and lovely accommodations keep us coming back. It's a classy, old-world hotel with a modern vibe. We leave for our next trip tomorrow!

• Stayed January 2014
There is no greater compliment that hearing a guest returning so frequently and using us as their home away from home. Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and we very much look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

arizona
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed at the Capital Hotel for 4 nights end of Feb.2014., I had picked hotel online due to proximity to attractions, with no idea just how centrally located and convenient it is! It is on a
side street less than a block from Harrod's, around the corner from the tube, surrounded by cafes, & down the block from an excellent Italian restaurant. Staff could not have been more delightful & helpful, each knowing our name and room #, assisting with everything from reservations for high tea to mailing a small package for me. There is no lobby to speak of, so if that's a concern for you, go elsewhere. This is a small establishment with very comfortable quiet rooms with all usual amenities. They have a lovely restaurant as well as room service. And I have no doubt that, if I asked for something not available, someone would have found it for me.
It would be a pleasure to stay there again! The staff is exceptional and the place is charming.

Room Tip: There are only 49 rooms. Even though ours faced the street, it was still quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel after your visit. I am delighted to that you found the hotel so conveniently located and that the team were able to add to your London experience. I very much that you will come and stay again, we are all looking forward to welcoming you back.

West Palm Beach, Florida
Reviewed March 9, 2014

This was my first trip to London,I was celebrating my birthday.The Capital made it very special.
The Concierge staff especially Graham was always helpful. Everything from postage, tours and transportation... They did it all and did it very well. It made a great difference in my experencing the city for the first time.
Our room was beautiful and the bottle of wine in my room with birthday wishes was a lovey thought.
I really enjoyed! The heated towels in the bathroom a big plus !!!
We enjoyed dinner at the Outlaws & breakfast was always great.

The Capital's perfect location & the perfect weather we enjoyed while in London made for my perfect vacation.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Kate_Levin, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave your feedback. I was delighted to hear we were able to be part of your recent successful holiday and that you enjoyed your visit so much. Graham and the concierge team certainly have huge amounts of London knowledge and were very happy to read your comments. We very much hope to welcome you back whether it be another birthday or a second visit to town.

Houston, TX
Reviewed March 1, 2014

My friend and I went to London for a 3-day "treat" and to see several plays. The hotel was absolutely top notch. It was very beautiful -- it is not "glitzy" but extremely serene and beautifully decorated. All the perfect little touches were there (would love to have had some of their gorgeous wall papers and fabrics in my home). The staff were outstanding -- we felt so welcomed and spoiled. Just a small example was when we came rushing in one afternoon after the theater to have tea, they offered to take our coats up to our room and hang them up for us so we could sit in the beautiful tea room comfortably without having to dash up to our room first to. We were always warmly greeted when we came in and given a cheery good-bye as we went out. Whenever the concierge would see us coming up the steps, he would have our room key out and ready to hand it to us -- most appreciated! Kate Levin (the hotel's general manager) was there when we checked in and also welcomed us very warmly. Definitely will try to stay there when next in London.

The hotel's location is also great, although we never had time to even pop into Harrod's -- the Knightsbridge tube stop was certainly convenient. We were also blessed with great weather for February in London -- in other words, 3 perfect days at a perfect hotel!

Room Tip: I rather doubt they have any "bad" rooms -- we certainly loved ours -- I think it was a Ki...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you so much for your review. There is no greater compliment than a guest wishing to visit us again and I was delighted to read your comments. It certainly sounds like you had a busy time going to see so many things at the theatre, I do hope when you return you will have a little longer to enjoy more of London, and Harrods!