“Perfect”
Review of The Capital Hotel

The Capital Hotel
Ranked #36 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have just arrived, this is without any doubt the best choice I have done in the last month.Very well placed, next to the famous Harrods,perfect communication ,bus, underground,rather ample rooms, high quality Restaurant.What more do you want?
Perfect price, perfect staff.
I will only say.I SHALL REPEAT

Room Tip: Any room is comfortable , a bit noisy on the street side
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
thecapitalhotel, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your review. We are so pleased that chose to stay with us too and it would be lovely to catch up with you during your visit.

Look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

Now this is a great hotel in London. OK, it's not the cheapest around but the location could not be better if you are a Harrods or Harvey Nichols fan, it's fantastic for the V&A and the Natural History museum. It's a hop, skip and a jump to the tube, a short walk to Hyde Park and Buckingham Palace and excellent for Mayfair. So both tourist and business trip friendly.
The rooms are wonderful - very comfortable beds, lovely bathrooms, lovely toiletries - and the biggest upside in a city this size is, quite how quiet it is! - an entire night's sleep without the sound of traffic, sirens or aircraft! An extra bonus if you have jetlag or just need a good night's sleep!
The staff are extremely friendly, very helpful and charming.
Breakfast is very nice.....no more or no less than you'd expect and probably not the place to hold a breakfast meeting. Although, I am sure the secondary breakfast room could be booked for that if needed.
The bar in the hotel is nice to have a quick drink at before heading out....or even when you get back.......
All in all - super London hotel. Would I go again. Absolutely. Would I recommend it. Absolutely. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms away from the road. The view is not exactly 'pretty' but it is very very quie...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. As you say our location is ideal for enjoying the best of Knightsbridge’s museums, art galleries and of course the shopping! I am glad you found the bedrooms so comfortable and slept so well whilst you were staying with us.

You are quite right; we do have other breakfast rooms available should you wish to have a quiet meeting. We are really looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to London. Thank you so much for your kind review.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

The reason we had booked the Capital Hotel was to experience the sea food restaurant of Nathan Outlaw and was a birthday present for my wife. I booked the 'Gourmet Package' as this seemd to offer excellent value and have to say was not disappointed one bit. The package included a six course tasting menue plus full english breakfast.
The hotel is very clean and confortable and the staff make you feel genuinely very welcome without being to over the top.
Communication with the hotel and the restaurant was excellent, prior to arriving I informed the hotel that my wife had an allergy to mussells, which could be a problem as it is a sea food restaurant. While we having a drink at the bar before making our way to our table one of the restaurant staff came over to duscuss my wifes allergy and what they could ofer inplace of one of the dishes which as it turned out did actaully have mussells in, menu changes regularly. The restauarnt staff could not have been more helpful. I would like to particulalry single out a young Austrian girl, sorry cannot remember her name, who was very knowlegeable about the wines, we had chosen to indulge in the wine flight with the meal and she took great care to explain each wine to us in a professional way but also with great humour.
A couple of small negatives that in no way spoilt our experinec but may be worth mentioning, I did specfically ask for tea making facilities prior to arriving, the kettle was there but know cups, milk or teas, there were some lovely cookies though!! It took two attempts to get the tea delivered. Also we had a standard room which although had enough space and was very comfortable the on-suite was small witha VERY hot radiator far to close to the actual toilet with a real risk of burning your leg, it did give me a bit of a shock, meaning you have to sit at an odd angle. I used one of the towells to avoid getting burnt, a genuine H&S issue I feel.
Overall a wonderful experinec, great location, great restauarnt (tasting menue fantastic), excellent breakfast and last but not least very friendly and helpful staff.
Forgot to mention the bar, if you like Malt Whiskeys this has to be one of the largest selections outside of a Whiskey shop with a very knowledeable bar manager.
We will definately be back and I will watch my leg on the radiator!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking to time to review your recent stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you and your wife enjoyed your visit with us to celebrate her birthday. Julia who you mention above is such a wonderful member of the restaurant team and I am so pleased you enjoyed the tasting menu.

I am sorry your stay was dented by the radiator in the bathroom, but we are so looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed from 23,to 26 April .I love the boutique hotel. The people are helpful and the location is excellent, next to Harrods . I really like it very much.I recommend ! The concierge is very nice . All we ask, he made ! Like change appointments or buying tickets to London Eye , best idea for a little bit price we didn't stay in a line .It was a fast ticket .Another ,he told as to go and picked the tickets for David Bowie in Victoria and Alfred Museum ,in advance ,because it was sold out ,and we stayed in a line ,but worth going .The concierge was perfect ,preparing our train trip to Paris ,ask for a taxi and told the perfect time .We were on time .

Room Tip: The room I stayed it was facing the street .In the morning you hear a lit bit noisy from the deliver...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
thecapitalhotel, General Manager at The Capital Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our concierge team were able to assist with your itinerary. The David Bowie exhibition has been a hugely popular hit in London so I am glad that you were able to enjoy it along with the London Eye. It’s a good tip to remember that our concierge team have special tickets available for this attraction.

I do hope you enjoyed your trip to Paris and you will visit us on your next visit to London.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Having been a regular visitor to London and the Capital Hotel in Basil street, the question is : how can you stay better, with personal service, with the best bar and excellent restaurant in the middle of the best shopping and restaurants in London? If you happen to bring your wife, girl friend, she will love you for being in the middle all the best shops ( Harrods next door) and Scallini Italian restaurant, as well as good old San Lorenzo minutes away. You will not regret, though remember, this is an English hotel, not a Phlippe Stark !

Room Tip: Refurbished JR-suite
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your review, I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are so lucky with our location, to be in the heart of Knightsbridge and surrounded by such great local restaurants and shopping like you say. It is great to have Harrods as our local corner shop!

We look forward to seeing you at The Capital again.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

Disagree entirely with the previous review except for the Internet connection which is incredibly slow. If I was using it for business I would be terribly frustrated but I wasn't and it really wasn't an issue.

Everything is exceptional from the moment you check in. The interior could be described as outdated, I prefer to say warm and cosy and 'English Country House' decor. The staff are exceptional, the concierge in particular couldn't be more pleasant and helpful - how many hotels have you visited where the concierge walks you part way to a pub so you don't get lost?

We were on the top floor, 6th, and it was quiet despite the fact we were on the front (263) and there is the potential for traffic noise. The bed is huge and sooooooo comfortable after a hard day sightseeing. Breakfast ingredients are top quality and beautifully cooked. We ate on the Saturday night in Outlaws, doesn't have a Michelin star yet but it must be on the cards! Food is delicious, served by lovely well-chosen and well-trained staff.

All the staff here should be recommended and we wouldn't hesitate in recommending the Capital to anyone particularly if you like the smaller hotel, near to Harrods, Sloane Street, Harvey Nichols, Hyde Park, shops, pubs and restaurants - try the Pantechnicon on Motcomb Street. - 5 minute walk away.

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

I am so thrilled to read your review and noted your comments with pleasure, as a family run hotel we strive to make sure people feel at home here and so there is no greater compliment.

I am so lucky to have such a wonderful team and I am glad you felt so welcomed from the moment you check in.

I agree with your feedback regarding the internet, and please be assured we will be updating our system in the next few weeks.

I look forward to welcoming you back to The Capital in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

The hotel felt outdated and everything in the interior was coloured with a beige/brown tone and floors covered with thick carpets.

The beds vere not very comfortable and noisy. The internet was increadibly slow - so trying to work from the room was impossible.

There was a lot of noise from nereby rooms and the hall way.

Standard features - such as being able to make a cup of tea at night in the room - was not available.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to come back to us with your feedback. I am sorry to hear you did not enjoy your recent stay. We hope that our interiors reflect that we are a classic English hotel however it’s a shame to hear it was not to your taste.

It’s unfortunate it was not made apparent to you that we do provide tea and coffee faculties on request.

I have taken note of your feedback regarding the internet and can assure you that we will updating this service in the next few weeks. Thank you again for taking the time to review The Capital.