Rude, obnoxious, horrendous staff. We were booked into the Berkeley by the staff of The Lanesborough as our party had grown by one and they were no longer able to accommodate our booking. When we arrived the doorman and security man just stared at us until I finally had to beckon the doorman over to assist us with our bags. The doorman and security were horrendously rude and grudgingly agreed to assist us. Not only that but I was so taken aback by their blatant obnoxious behaviour I immediately asked to speak to the Manager. He was even worse and dismissed the complaint as a figment of our imagination. The rooms are comfortable and luxurious but the staff are very, very rude. Throughout our 3 night stay the staff were continually rude, lackadaisical and prone to harassing our visiting guests. I do not recommend this hotel to anyone unless of course you can transport the bedrooms to another hotel. I am yet to understand the reason for the inherent rudeness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Within our breathtaking collection of rooms and suites – which are amongst the most spacious in London – we have many with private garden terraces and quiet balconies. All our rooms and suites skilfully combine comfort, stylish design and the latest innovations, to meet the needs of the modern traveller. Marcus Wareing offers two Michelin-starred dining at his eponymous restaurant, Marcus, within The Berkeley; the stars come out for award-winning cocktails at the Blue Bar; and fashionistas join us for Pret-a-Portea, our catwalk-inspired afternoon tea served in the beautiful Collins Room. On the seventh floor of The Berkeley, our pool and luxury Bamford Haybarn Spa provide a calm retreat with views over the London skyline. The Berkeley is located at the edge of Hyde Park in fashionable Knightsbridge, a short walk from Harrods and Harvey Nichols. Behind the hotel sits the residential area of Belgravia: a charming enclave of Georgian terraces, cobblestone streets, independent shops and traditional pubs, which conveys the feeling of an English village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Berkeley reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Berkeley Hotel London
- Berkeley London
- Berkeley Hotel London
- The Berkeley London, England