“Excellent service”
Review of The Berkeley

The Berkeley
Ranked #60 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Fabulous stay at The Berkeley for my birthday. Excellent service - from the little touches like a thoughtful birthday card from the manager, to the friendly room service staff - I thoroughly enjoyed my stay. Bamford bath products were such a treat. Breakfast buffet was one of the best I've had, so much choice. As I left it was poring with rain and the doorman kindly gave me a Berkeley umbrella to take, even though I was not returning - 5 star service.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Sahara_E2006

Reviewed January 19, 2014

Very elegant hotel in great location. south facing suite rooms at the back with french windows are sun drenched. service is understated old school and excellent. a grand hotel in every sense. spa and pool on the roof an extra bonus.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Marc F
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I was incredibly lucky to experience staying at The Berkeley Hotel, never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd stay in a hotel in Knightsbridge. We had a 6th floor room with views all over London, simply stunning! Every single of staff we met was friendly, kind and could not be more helpful. The spa feels like you're in another when you're swimming as the sun sets and the sky turns pink over London. We had pre-dinner drinks in The Blue Room; the waiter instantly picked a cocktail for me that he thought would suit, and he was oh so correct! Koffmans is wonderful; the food is sublime, the service impeccable and our waiter 'Michael' made our night simply perfect.
The location makes me want to earn A LOT of money! It really does feel like a dream come true when pull up outside the hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 102TheKennys
Justin P, General Manager at The Berkeley, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Thank you so much for your delightful review and for taking the time to comment on our lovely Berkeley. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and Blue Bar & Koffmann evening experience and in particular that you visited our newly renovated Haybarn Spa. Thank you again and we look forward to welcoming you back. Best wishes for 2014.

Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed in 2 adjoining rooms (2 adults & 2 teens) and they were elegant, spacious, clean and comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The location is convenient- just down the street from lots of shopping (including Harrods) and easy walk to Knightsbridge & Hyde Park Corner tube stations. Lets face it, London is just expensive! But here we felt we got some value (esp booking through American Express Fine Hotels program) Our only complaint, the rooms were just stuffy no matter what we did (turn off heat, open windows, etc...) Maybe better ventilation needed? Regardless, still a very nice option for a family stay in London.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind comments reviewing the Berkeley, I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and also that you enjoyed the exciting local Knightsbridge location, yes there is much to do with the adjacent Hyde Park and many local shops. Thank you also for the ventilation comment, very helpful, we have tweaked a thermostatic unit and all is now perfect, if only the weather was too! Thank you for staying with us and for sharing your experience, we look forward to welcoming you back soon. Best regards.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

The setting: 3 mock log cabins seating 2 persons each surrounded by real pine trees; twinkling Christmas fairy lights and beautiful wind chimes on the roof of the Berkeley...

The movie: Miracle on 34th Street (1947 version)

What we did: watched the movie; drink coffee; hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream and marshmallows; eat mini spicy mince pies and wrapped warm in toasty Moncler throws.

Suited for couples and families alike.

It was a delightful experience and pleased with the Berkeley for making this available to non in-house guests. Also pleased with the service received over the phone from the young lady on the reservations desk phone in the health spa for making a note of my preference over hot chocolate.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank SunDancerIII
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Having stayed at The Berkeley more than 6 times in the last few years, I suppose I could say that I am a regular guest.

Located very convenient between the shopping areas of Knightsbridge and Piccadilly, the surroundings of The Berkeley has lots to offer. I personally love to stroll through Belgravia, Hyde Park and Mayfair but more popular tourist attractions such as Buckingham Palace are within walking distance.

Rooms are spacious and most of them offer nice views of either Wilton Place, Hyde Park or a church. Try to avoid being allocated a room with inner view. You might find them claustrophobic.

The beds are very comfy with Pratesi bedlinen which is probably the best available. Bathrooms offer showers with high water pressure, nice Frette bath towels and luxury bath products.

Staff at The Berkeley is very professional, kind and know how to balance between being informal and being stiff.

No negative comments??? Well, I have one this time..... When we arrived well before regular check in time we were told that our deluxe room was not ready yet. Obviously no problem. However we were offered a paid upgrade to a balcony room which was already available. There used to be times that these kind of upgrades were complementary. I don't like this kind of up selling which seems to become more and more daily practice in the hotel business in general.

I have tried lots of other luxurious options in London including The Dorchester, 45 Park Lane, Intercontinental and The Wellesley. They offer more or less the same services at the same level as The Berkeley at more or less the same rates. But what makes The Berkeley my favorite in London? Is it the best London has to offer? Not necessarily but for me, coming to The Berkeley feels like a sort of homecoming.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maarten L
Reviewed December 19, 2013

Every aspect of this hotel is perfect! The staff, the rooms, the restaurants, the facilities and the location. The welcome you receive upon entering makes you feel as if the staff knows you and as if they are so glad to see you. The pool on the roof was a treat after a busy day in the summer. When you leave the Berkeley all you think about is when will you return.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple