“Afternoon tea ( pret a portea)”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of The Berkeley

The Berkeley
Ranked #68 of 1,089 Hotels in London
essex/uk
“Afternoon tea ( pret a portea)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

This ranks amongst the best of the afternoon teas. Set in the caramel room. Service is swift explanations propmt. The champagne list has a good choice. My only slight criticism would be the limited choice of teas for the aficionados.
You get the sandwiches but then a lovely choice of savouries. Pastries represent the lastest high fashion. Tastes a very good. The only other slight is the small space in the caramel room.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank mattsal1234

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013 via mobile

I travel frequently to major cities in the world (London, Paris, Frankfurt, NYC,SFO, Shdnghai...) on biz trip. I go to London 2-3x a year. Over the last 5-6 yrs, I've stayed in a dozen 5 star hotels in London. I'd say The Berkeley is one of my top two choices (the other is Corinthia). Staff is helpful AND efficient (important for me given my hectic schedule). On my last stay (I've stayed here 4x), hotel didn't have my room ready yet (I called in advance to ask for a baby crib). Front desk staff kindly offered us tea at the lobby cafe while we wait, and room was ready for us within 15min. Recommend to both biz & leisure travellers (5 min walk to Harrods!). Room size varies even for standard rooms. I've stayed in small (but beautiful) rooms but I've also stayed in spacious room (with baby crib)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank iphone555
Bristol, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 6, 2013

This is one of the sister hotel to Claridges, we have again been here a couple of times, and its really very pleasant. I can't put my finger on it, but there is something that just doesn't make it one of the best Hotel, but I wouldn't want to put people off. It really is a very good hotel, the greeting is special and warm and cannot be faulted, the restaurant the first time we went was not that good, and we thought the service was poor but the second time we went and had breakfast it could not be faulted, absolutely perfect 10 out of 10.

The blue bar we found a bit pretentious, but then it was still a nice experience, but be warned EXPENSIVE!

The room! honestly couldn't fault it, it was a good size, very clean and we had a lovely view out over the church.

Overall we would definitely recommend The Berkeley

Room Tip: Looking out over the church and the 5th floor was good for us.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bristolboy900
Horsham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

Took a friend here for their champagne afternoon tea based on this spring/summer 2013 fashion and it was fantastic.

The service was amazing, the food was delicious - clear gazpacho was fantastic as was the tomato bread sandwich. The cakes were all lovely though at points there may have been a case or two of style over substance but definitely an experience I would repeat and recommend!

Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Flic M
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

Low key, well designed and well positioned for knightsbridge. Reasonably sized rooms, expensive room service food, good quality service.

I'd return if i needed to be in knightsbridge otherwise there is better.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Raymetro
Bahrain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've stayed in this hotel once before , it's very clean , comfortable , nice and helpful staff , even the quest relations manager kept a welcoming card in my room with a print of one of my painting on it . I thought how did they know I was a painter ?
The location is brilliant , Hyde park across the road , main shops cafes restaurants are a walking distance .
The rooms should be up-graded soon to stay level with competition .

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Rasalkha
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2013

Lovely, intimate, luxurious, old world, yet hip. Great shopping and touring location.

Priced accordingly; eg high.

Rooms can be small for families .... not really a family hotel, as i think they'd agree.

PS We stayed four years ago in April.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family