All reviewslibrary barbutler serviceafternoon teahyde park cornerregency styleoetker collectiongarden roomfinger sandwichesjunior suitebathroom mirrorother star hotelsexceptional staffhigh techconcierge teambottle of champagneluxury hotelwake up call
Reviewed October 8, 2017

We dropped in on the off chance that we'd have afternoon tea but the tea room was understandably busy. So we popped downstairs to see the Bada collection instead. Objects and art of exceptions quality were on sale, being viewed by a steady flow of browsers. The neoclassical building is so beautiful. I remember when it was St George's Hospital and its much improved!

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gakeitse
LanesboroughTeam, Managing Director at The Lanesborough, responded to this reviewResponded October 12, 2017

Dear Gakeitse,
Thank you very much for your kind review.
I am delighted you had the chance to browse the very special BADA exhibition, we were pleased to host the event.
We hope to welcome you back to experience Afternoon Tea once and for all in the not too distant future.

Reviewed October 3, 2017 via mobile

The Lanesborough lives up to international standards in all aspects: the overall property and location, the rooms, food, service, you name it.
As part of an investor roadshow we had booked several rooms for a large presentation, reception and smaller group meetings. All of them superb.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Tobias2402
LanesboroughTeam, Managing Director at The Lanesborough, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2017

Dear Tobias2402

I am delighted that The Lanesborough appears to have exceeded your expectations and I very much look forward to you welcoming you and your colleagues back in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to share your kind review.

Reviewed September 24, 2017 via mobile

Exquisite accommodations, restaurants and facilities. The staff is simply phenomenal and addresses your every need. Room service is a real treat and the butler service becomes a necessary extravagance ! Can't wait to be back - great library area for tea or business meetings.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Kimbo991
LanesboroughTeam, Managing Director at The Lanesborough, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2017

Dear Kimbo991,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review.
I am pleased you had such an enjoyable stay. We pride ourselves in providing exceptional service and it delights us to do it.
The Library Bar offers a welcoming, vibrant yet relaxing atmosphere. It really is a special place where you can while away the hours, whether that's seeing to business or for pleasure.
We hope to see you back again in the near future.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

This hotel is amazing. We used a lot of points to stay here, but it was well worth it. The service was simply incredible. We felt so pampered and the butlers would address any need or issue, no matter how small, with prompt and diligent service -- even for our 2 am room service (we were jet-lagged).

When we ordered some hot water, it came with a full tray of related items including lemon and honey. It went way beyond what you would expect, and this was the case for just about everything at this hotel.

The decor was a recently-remodeled old-world style which combined the best of the both worlds for me and my wife. My wife loves older style and I like more modern hotels, but we were both very pleased with how the Lanesborough pulled it off.

We were treated like royalty and absolutely loved our time at this hotel. If you find a way to stay here (it's not the cheapest hotel) you're in for a real treat.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Matthew S

Dear Matthew S,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review not only the hotel but Celeste too and in such detail.
I am delighted your stay was so memorable. Our Butler team work tirelessly to ensure that guests' every need are seen to in a quick and discreet manner and they take such a pride in doing it as well.
The renovation, after years in the planning and works has really created a new life into the hotel and I am pleased you were so taken with the decor.
I do hope to welcome you back in the not too distant future.

Reviewed September 13, 2017

I've wanted to stay at The Lanesborough (had thoroughly researched all the 5 star properties in the city) and visit London for over 15 years and my dream finally came true!! The hotel exceeded ALL my MANY high expectations!! I booked a year in advance because was very particular about room I was wanting to request as this was a huge bucket list trip for my husband/I. The hotel is the most gorgeous/opulent we've ever stayed ( and have stayed at many luxury 5 stars around the world). However, the décor is not over the top - it's just perfect and you are made to feel very comfortable/welcomed - it's not at all stuffy/aerogant. The staff from management, concierge, front door are a step above the rest!! We are very discerning travelers and have been blessed to travel frequently - and yet this hotel delivered all on all levels and then some!! We had a junior suite that was the most beautiful room and bathroom with all the neat high tech tablets, etc. I had requested a King bed, on 1st/2nd floor (for the amazing high ceilings), facing courtyard to ensure a quiet night's sleep as I'm a light sleeper. All requests were honored (they are based on availability) so we felt very fortunate. We stayed 5 nights, breakfast included which was also wonderful. We also frequented Library Bar at hotel 3 nights, and Michael and his staff took amazing care of us. The Withdrawing room is also great for tea, etc. - just gorgeous!! The location is also the BEST in London for exploring, and staying in the most expensive neighborhoods - great sightseeing, etc! All of the staff, butlers, etc could not be more attentive!! I've never stayed at a hotel where anytime I called for something (no matter what it was), someone was at the door in 1-2 minutes - just incredible! If ever blessed to return to London, this is the only hotel we will stay at!!!!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank travelinspiration
LanesboroughTeam, Managing Director at The Lanesborough, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Dear travelinspiration,
Thank you very much indeed for such a detailed and thoughtful review.
I am delighted your stay was so memorable. Even more so that you could enjoy the experience of The Library Bar and Withdrawing Room, both very different but both where you can while away the time.
Our Butler service really is very unique and we pride ourselves on being there for every guest, whatever they may need.
It is wonderful to know that your time with us was so special and we hope that you will find yourselves back in London in the not too distant future, we'd be so pleased to welcome your return.