“Surprise Birthday Treat”
Review of The Beaufort Hotel

The Beaufort Hotel
Ranked #375 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My delightful and very thoughtful girlfriend surprised me with a trip to London and knowing that I'd use Trip Advisor, wouldn't tell me the name of the hotel beforehand!

I stay in hotels all over the world with work and general book international brands, safe in the knowledge that you know what you're getting. Thankfully, she has more thought than me and found this little gem, five minutes walk from the restaurant, two minutes from the tube station and right next to Harrods but in a quaint London cul-de-sac (limited parking is free after 6:30pm outside the hotel on a Saturday and all day on a Sunday) that seemed a lifetime away from the hustle and bustle of Knightsbridge.

First impressions of this cosy boutique hotel were promising, it was like a home from home (in a good way!) and the fixtures and fittings were decadent. Within two signatures-time, we were shown to our room, advised of the free alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages available in the lounge downstairs, the reception, or the bedroom and asked if we would like homemade scones with tea. We opted to receive the scones in the lounge which was empty and relatively private (only downside was the CCTV camera which was a little obtrusive and felt like Big Brother was always watching). The scones came still warm, sweat and delicious on their own. The wealth of high quality preserves and clotted cream with a fresh pot of tea made us feel at home on the comfy sofas (There's a bookcase filled with books if you're interested in a read!).

The room (No 9) was large and well appointed, with a large en-suite - unusual for a London property.
My only complaint was that the bed consisted of two beds pushed together which didn't permit comfy sleeping in the middle and the mattresses were possibly at the end of their life, however the sheets and the pillows were of the highest quality.
The room was quiet and the air conditioning (even in January) was welcome! Fast free wi-fi was excellent.

Breakfast, delivered to the room, was plentiful and the hot croissants were delicious even before we smothered them with butter and jam! Coffee, tea, orange juice and toast - perfect.

I'd highly recommend this hotel and will definitely book it when we return - the staff looked happy and couldn't have been more friendly and attentive, a real asset.

Room Tip: Number Nine was large and in perfect condition. Try the lounge downstairs for a little more space, f...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saintchris23

Reviewed January 17, 2014

My partner and I stayed for the one night between Christmas and New Year, and would happily stay at this hotel again. Our room was up a short flight of stairs from the lobby, and was very well appointed. Room had loads of cupboards, and the en suite was also large. Bed was very comfortable, and the room was quiet.
We found the hotel on Trip Advisor, as I was having my medical interview for immigration close by, and wanted to stay in close proximity. Knightsbridge area is very well known, with all the expected amenities.
Although small, and no on site restaurant, the staff were very friendly, and helpful. We ate close by at Cassis, which was also very good, and had out breakfast at close by patisserie, Paul's.
It may not be the cheapest hotel, and due to my medical, I could not take advantage of the happy hour deal, although my partner did! The freshly baked scones were also a nice touch, especially after wandering about Harrods which is on your doorstep.

Room Tip: We had a room at the first floor, excellent
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Smooth check in. Lovely decor. Free bar!

The rooms are perfectly adequate for a few days. The creamed teas are a welcome escape from Knightsbridge chaos. Fast free broadband.

Note to owner: Room 15 shower screen probably needs replacing, it leaks everywhere.

Room Tip: Creamed teas to your room until 5pm. Free bar till 11pm.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Amitios
Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

I booked to stay here with my husband on Friday as we were celebrating his birthday. We planed to do some Christmas shopping and go back to the hotel for afternoon tea... But after a long lunch and a few drinks at the Dorchester we didn't make it back it time for afternoon tea... When we finally arrived back to the hotel we enjoyed a complementary drink from the bar before getting ready to go out for dinner. The staff were very kind and left a birthday card and box of chocolates in our room for my husband... Very thoughtful gesture. We stayed in a suite although the room itself was quite small compared to a normal suite it was very tastefully decorated. The bathroom was also very small ...but a major bonus the water pressure was brilliant. Our stay here was most enjoyable and the bed was very comfy!! The staff were also very helpful.
One last point... If driving to the hotel you are better to park in the Harrods car park as parking on the street is limited.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sarahannn
Reviewed November 21, 2013

The good situation of this hotel is very important. Close to Harrods and not too far from Victoria station. Small hotel but very homely. Very friendly staff and good details for the clients. Recommended hotel for a weekend in London.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Very good location for Underground trains, museums and shopping(Harrods, etc.). Great restaurants are just short walks. Kensington Palace, the Victoria and Albert Museum and The Museum of Natural History are minutes away.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mo_and_jc
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I absolutely loved my time at the Beaufort in Knightsbridge. The quaint street that the Beaufort is located on was so lovely to wake up to each morning. We had doors and a small veranda that we could check the temperature each day. The lobby area is very small but we found it enjoyable to have a glass of wine and meet other guests while sitting on the couches there. Speaking of wine, we enjoyed complimentary cocktails from 3-11 p.m. daily and also free Wi-fi.

The staff were all amazing and detail oriented. Their reponse times were very impressive whenever we had requests. All of the members of the front desk team took the time to explain directions and made dining reservations for us. They even heard me saying it was my birthday and surprised me with 2 glasses of champagne and an incredible box of chocolates. That is going above and beyond to create an unforgettable hotel experience!!

The room we stayed in was just perfect as well! Much to my surprise, the bathroom was large and had a very nice shower and heated towel racks. The bed was extremely cozy and I slept very sound.

I would absolutely recommend this property to anyone visiting London and I would stay there again! A+++++

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends