The Beaufort Hotel
$286
$276
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree barbrompton roadknightsbridge tube stationboutique hotelcomplimentary cream teaafternoon teajunior suitedownstairs loungequiet streetclotted creamsmall hotelharvey nicholssitting roomvictoria and albert museumperfect locationreception areaeach morning
Reviewed February 4, 2008

I agree with other reviewers - great location - rooms very good - but getting a little tiered - needs new carpets and a lick of paint - lots of sratches on the doors ect - but will stay there again

• Stayed: February 2008
1  Thank antigen315
Reviewed February 1, 2008

Hi we just found this website so we have several vacations to enter. Went to Europe in April 2006 and went to London, then Amsterdam and then to Paris. Very Nice Hotel with one of the better rooms we have had. Slept well and kept very busy while in London almost to busy. We recently had retired and have taken several vacations the last 3 years. London was nice and we saw as much as we could in the last three days. make sure you get to Heathrow early as we got there two hours before our flight to Amsterdam and it took almost that long to get through security. The Beaufort is a fine hotel with very friendly people working there and we want to thank them.

• Stayed: April 2006, traveled as a couple
9  Thank TDResnick
Reviewed January 31, 2008

We stayed 2 nights in a standard double room with our 6 month old. Upon arrival we were advised we may find the room somewhat small with the cotbed in it. A special rate was offered for an upgrade. After inspecting the room we went ahead and stayed in the standard room. A bit difficult to move around with the cotbed in there due to the lay-out, but otherwise spacious for European standards.
The staff was extremely helpful in suggesting restaurants and making reservations. They called us on our mobile to inform us of our reservation. Helping with the baby stroller up/down the stairs, arranging taxis, serving (complimentary) scones and tea in the room, and having breakfast to us a few minutes early!(!) nothing was too much trouble. Loved the complimentary mini-bar in the lobby.
Great location! Right around the corner of Harrods in a cute quiet street. We would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nlpri
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I have to be honest, I just don't get the reviews this hotel is getting. It was just ok, not even good, just ok.
First the location is very good--around the corner from Harrods, etc. Internet access was also very good. However I am very disappointed in the websites misleading 'photos'.
Yes I know this is a small charming hotel, in former town homes, however the photo's are SO MISLEADING!!!, taken with wide angle lenses, portraying the rooms and lobby as somewhat expansive. I had a jr. suite, and have to say, for what I paid, and the hype the website and reviews gave, well perhpas I was jaded. The rooms was small, and the rugs bordeline line dirty. The free drinks and snacks the tell you get in the room, a bag of 5 mini short bread cookies, and two mints. The drinks they tell you are available downstairs, nothing more than a mini bar down in the lobby, nothing special or unique.
I have traveled extensively, usually staying in both small and large luxury hotels--what can I say I like the bells and whistles. And that is what I expected at the Beaufort--boy was I disppointed. I won't be returning to the Beaufort. I'm sure they will miss me.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank smaactraveler
Reviewed January 24, 2008

As always the Beaufort Hotel was an oasis of tranquility in the centre of London. Lovely staff, elegant rooms and lounge and nothing too much trouble for them. Please don't stay here if you are loud and want a large hotel chain, please do stay if you want personal service, peace and quiet, and expect the same from your fellow guests.

Stayed: January 2008