$253
$275
$279
$247
  • Restaurant
Park International Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$105
  • Bar/Lounge
$234
Chesterfield
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $261/night.

Strand Palace Hotel(London)(Great Value!)
$234
$149
$191
$170
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $192/night.

$128
$111
  • Restaurant
All reviewscarlton towerharvey nicholssloane streetjumeirah groupknightsbridge tube stationhyde parksmall hotelnespresso machineroom servicelocation is greatminute walkmini barcontinental breakfastquiet streetamazing hotelbuckingham palacestayed for one night
Reviewed May 24, 2010

This was a great local for this fancy hotel, it's more modern inside but the staff were excellent, the rooms, large and spacious. The beds and sheets? to DIE for! It was the most comfortable beds I've slept in away from home.

Very clean, posh feeling, little things that made the difference in knowing that the hotel thought of every little convience one may want. The breakfast was very tasty; a good continental buffet on the side while the hot food ordered also was delicious. Would recommend this hotel for the modern, posh feel to it and the local of it but if I want more character I would stay elsewhere. Only down side to it is it's sister hotel which is around the corner is where the swimming pool, gym, etc....is.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Kilikamae
Reviewed May 11, 2010

We planned an overnight stay-over in London (luckily because the Iceland volcano forced the cancellation of all London flights that day) on our return from Santa Margherita and chose the Jumeirah Lowndes because of the location near Harrod's and the reviews. I booked via Orbitz and got a prepaid rate of $330/ night inclusive. This is a very nice hotel and I would stay here again, especially if we take a little more time. The staff is exceptional and well mannered. The inclusion of a Nespresso machine in the room was welcome treat as we have one at home in the States. Negatives: the previous occupant's t-shirt had apparently become tangled in the curtains and was left by the cleaning staff; and the TV controls are not very user-friendly(or maybe it was just me). The desk clerk, however, recommended us to the nearby Patechnicon for dinner and this recommendation alone negated the minor negatives.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 9, 2010

I was there for three nights with my sister, we stayed in a superior room. The room was nice with a compimentary Nespresso coffee machine and all the amenities you would expect from a Jumeirah Hotel. The room was however pretty small compared to same level hotels in the area and, as we were on the first floor above the Mimosa restaurant, we did hear some noises from the outside road. Our rate included buffet breakfast that was good but not outstanding as the selection was quite limited. My suggestion is to use the swimming pool at the Jumeirah Carlton, that is on the other side of the road, it's worth a try!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I moved to the Lowndes from the Carlton Hotel next door. Because of the whole ash situation, I did not know how long I would be here. I got a decent rate of GBP 195. Later on, the hotel informed its guests that although normally rates would have been raised, they realized the situation facing stranded travelers and determined to freeze rates. This was truly a praise-worthy decision.

You do pay a premium for the Belgravia location. It is a great, quite neighborhood - good to return to after shopping/museums at more bustling areas. There are two tube stations (Knightsbridge/Sloane Square) which are in 10 minute walking distance. There is also a nearby supermarket as well as a Starbucks. I was also surprised to find an Annick Goutal boutique here, which was a nice suprise (for my wife!). There are two excellent nuseums nearby (Victoria Albert, Natural History), as well as Harrods and Harvey Nichols for shopping. The Westfield Mall is also not too far by subway.

The room itself is on the smallish side, but apparently standard for London. I found the bathroom small but still better configured than the Carlton Hotel. Still, all of the furniture was clean, well kept, well laid out - no complaints at all.

The reason I gave this hotel high rating is because of all of the accommodations that the staff made in the circumstances of this week. The day-by-day extension of my stay, allowing late check out at 4 pm, and generally just being cheerful when I am sure they were barraged with depressed travellers, was truly admirable. It is rare that a corporation or a business can show a human side -- much of the ills of the hospitality industry can be due to the fact that businesses must make money, not make people happy. However, the check-in staff and everyone else here defied this and truly felt guests feel welcome. A little bit of compassion and flexibility was really required this week, and this hotel shined through.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank Mohammedyu
Reviewed April 8, 2010

I arrived a little early for my reservation, but I was met with a ready room and a hot towel at reception! Just what I needed after a chilly rainy walk from the tube station! I booked on Priceline and really lucked out. I paid about $575 US for two nights.

I was escorted up to my room and was given instructions on how to get to the nearest pharmacy to purchase some cold medicine. The room was not enormous, but it was very very comfortable with a beautiful view of the park.

I have to admit, I was most excited to see the Nespresso machine in the room. I'm obsessed with mine at home and it made the stay that much nicer! The tub was a dream, the robe and slippers were a nice touch. The bed was two twins together (which seems to be the norm at many european hotels), so I noticed that it wasn't too comfortable to sleep right in the middle of the bed, but it was just me, so I was fine with that.

Every time I returned to the hotel I was greeted with a very friendly, "Welcome back." And always asked if I need taxi service when I left. The turn down service was consistent and a nice surprise.

The location couldn't be beat. So much shopping so close! And within walking distance of so many wonderful museums. I'd be very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled solo