“second time around” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #242 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Melbourne, Australia
“second time around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013

I stayed at the Jumeirah Lowndes with my sister in July 2013 and I must say that we enjoyed it very much. It was close to places that we wanted to go and if not the very helpful doorman would get us a taxi. Breakfast was plentiful with all that you could wish for and you could also order your eggs whatever way you liked. The beds were so comfortable that we did not have much trouble getting to sleep, in all it was a great stay and I would recommend the hotel and now I may book for Dubai with the same chain as I was very impressed. Thank you

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
Thank you very much for your review and I am delighted that you enjoyed both your stays with us this year. I am also pleased that you are considering staying with Jumeirah in Dubai and although I am probably a bit biased but I can thoroughly recommend all of our properties out there! Thank you again for your time to give us feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013

Original room we were offered was too small so we had to upgrade, at cost...We ended up with a Junior suite which was perfect for two nights. Staff were very welcoming and polite. Room service good. Location excellent - Very close to Harrods and Harvey Nics. The only disappointment was breakfast def not upto the standard of a 5* hotel.

1 Thank KipRaven
Thank you very much for your kind feedback and I am pleased that you enjoyed the location and service provided by the hotel. I note your comments regarding breakfast and would (if possible) like to discuss this issue with you further so that we can improve our offering. Thank you again for taking the time to write a review.
Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night while in London on busines.

Check in friendly. Offered a glass of water and a face towel which was very welcome as it was such a hot day. I was then shown to my room and all in room amenities explained.

The room was an Executive Room and was well appointed with a mini bar, nespresso machine, robes and slippers. The toiletries which were "Temple Spa" brand were very good.

The Bar & Restaurant are in the one room and while it is quite small it is very comfortable and the staff were very friendly and helpful. The food and service at Dinner and Breakfast were excellent and truly 5*. Patrick the manager there was unfailingly courteous and of great assistance. It was great to come across a fellow Irishman abroad and especially one as helpful as Patrick.

Check out again was efficient and my taxi called and arrived promptly.

The only niggle is that after giving a tip to the one of the bartenders - he still charged me the discretionary gratuity charge. The tip was more than the charge. The other two bartenders never did this. But it is a minor thing really.

I will return and will definitely recommend.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for taking the time to write such an extensive review and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much. Thank you for your kind comments regarding our colleagues in general, and Patrick in particular - it is great to have such good feedback. I have addressed your issue with regards to tipping with the team and appologise for any inconvenience caused. We look forward to welcoming you back again at some stage in the future.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed at this hotel in Jan this year on a business trip. I have stayed earlier at the Jumeriah in Dubai so the hotel turned out to be very different from what I had thought. However I read the description they have on the site and was pleased to find that it accurately depicted the hotel.While the Dubai hotel is all grand this one is very cozy and has a very different feel to it. The rooms are well equipped and have a more boutqiue look.The staff is excellent and very helpful. The nearest tube station is a 10 minute walk. The hotel shares a few facilities with the Carlton tower (the health club and the spa).

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
JumeirahGroup, General Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind words and we are very pleased that you enjoyed your time in a "smaller" Jumeirah hotel. I am glad that our colleagues made you feel welcome and were helpful during your stay - perhaps we might be able to welcome you back in the future?
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I have been staying at the Lowndes or the sister hotel the Carlton Tower for nearly 10 years after years of travelling to London and facing some real nightmares to stay in on my own - either location or the hotels themselves. It is great to stay somewhere safe, comfortable and where the staff are highl trained to look after you and be helpful. The Lowndes is quite small (and about to be refurbished after 4 years) but the rooms function well with very comfortable beds, desk and Wifi , plasma TV and adequate size bathroom. There are suites on many floors and the entire 6th floor with large rooms, dining and sitting rooms. The restaurant has great food -more comfort than Michelin - but at least when travelling it has the local Brithsh fare and also middle eastern/ far eastern, and often good seafood and steak. It also has an outside Terrace with heating and in the summer months one of the largest outdoor Terraces in the area. Great location for shops, tube, bars, restaurants and for business as well.

Room Tip: Try for a room with a balcony or a small jnr suite for more space
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your very kind review and I am delighted that you continue to enjoy your stays with us. The team look forward to welcoming you back next week!
Tyne and Wear, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

This is a small intimate hotel. We drove from Newcastle so pulled up outside in the car. The first member of concierge/bell staff we encountered was very helpful, unloaded our bags, advised us where the local car park was (for £36 per day as opposed to the £48 the hotel charges) and watched the car while we checked in. We were promptly checked in on arrival and our room was ready early at 1pm which was a bonus.

The next member of staff who brought our bags to the room was so miserable. It had been badly raining outside and as opposed to being jovial about it and making polite chit chat (everyone was wet) he barely grunted, made no eye contact and sighed an awful lot. We had the pleasure of his company again on checkout and he was equally as bad. He loaded our car up with us but made no effort to communicate what so ever.

The rooms are very clean and the products in the bathroom are delicious. Unfortunately the bathrooms are very small and claustrophobic. But the water is nice and hot with good pressure and there are two types of shower over the bath (handheld and fixed). I slipped standing up from the bath, there are slip mats provided on the glass shelves about the toilet which I was not using at the time but i did hurt and bruise myself so be careful.

The bedroom is adequate size and the coffee machine is lovely. We were in room 310 just outside the lift and I can sleep through anything so wasn't disturbed but my partner said it was very noisy.

The bed is definitely in the top 5 comfiest beds i have ever ever slept in. Hairdryer was really powerful, TV was great, lovely robes and slippers too.

We did not include breakfast as we love going a 1 minute walk around the corner to the Belgravia Patisserie Valerie.

We paid just under £700 for a Deluxe King Room Only on Lastminute.com

The location of this hotel is the best selling point of all. Walking distance to all sorts and plenty taxis available!!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you for taking the time to write a review. I apologise for the lack of positivity shown by one of my colleagues which reduced your satisfaction with the stay although I hope that the remainder of the service you received was satisfactory. Thank you again for your positive review and I hope that we can welcome you back at some stage in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

We enjoyed our two night stay in the Jumeirah Lowdnes, the junior sibling of the nearby Carlton Tower, with which it shares some facilities. While the hotel is well situated for hi end shoppers, visitors focussed on art and culture or the financial district might be better located further east. There is good public transport nearby.

The public areas are quite limited for a five star hotel but the sidewalk and rear open-air eating areas are attractive (when the weather permits their use!) and unusual for London.

Our ‘Executive Room’ and its bathroom were relatively small but intelligently designed and well equipped, with plenty of storage and good lighting. The room also had an E facing balcony but we were permitted to use it only after signing an indemnity stating that we were doing so against the ‘strong advice’ of the hotel!

We thought our pre-paid rate of c. $425 per night reasonable value by contemporary London standards. Some extras were relatively inexpensive for a five star hotel but calls from the room phone cost up to $22 per minute!

WiFi is fast, free and uncomplicated throughout the property. All the staff we met were pleasant and professional.

There is a range of breakfast options in a pleasant room with a mix of buffet and table service - we appreciated the offer of a quality light continental at a low price.

Overall, a pleasant and complaint-free experience in a well designed and well managed property.. Recommended.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you very much for your detailed review of your stay and I am delighted that you enjoyed your time with us. We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in London.