“Great staff and excellent location!”

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Ranked #245 of 1,064 Hotels in London
Basel, Switzerland
“Great staff and excellent location!”
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Though the rooms are not large they are very clean and very comfortable! The location is fantastic for those wanting to explore the city and there is lots in walking distance. The staff were very friendly and helpful. Example, when i asked for a mailbox the concierge took my letter and ran it to the mailbox himself! Just wish I had some english pounds to tip him. I was there on business but would go back for leisure as well. Great stay!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank cb4ca
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, January 24, 2013

Greetings from Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

Thank you for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us and I am delighted to receive your positive feedback especially regarding the location of the hotel and the hospitality and friendliness of the staff.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in hopefully in not too distant future.

With kind regards,

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Sevenoaks, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 5, 2013

The staff are absolutely courteous and friendly. They help with a smile. Despite the holiday season, and the hotel being full, it is certainly nicer than bigger ones with a big lobby, we did not feel how busy it was.

Room Tip: Restaurant staff are extremely nice and make you feel at home. So try it.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Nouslefamille
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

New Year Greetings from Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

Thank you very much for the feedback. I am delighted to know that you found out the consistency of service and the hospitality of staff up to your standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future.

Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This is a well located rather quiet boutique hotel. A good base for shopping after a relaxed breakfast which ranges from light buffet to cooked English or Arabic. There are plenty of great restaurants in the neighborhood including the Rib Room Bar at the Jumeirah Carlton Tower which is about a minutes’ walk from the Lowndes. One can also use the 1st rate gym, the pool and the spa at the Carlton.
The Lowndes might not be as luxurious as some of the other Jumeirah hotels, but this is compensated by superb service. I would like to express my specific thanks to Mr Antik Malik for his outstanding courteousness and professionalism.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Max D

Greetings from Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

Thank you very much for the kind words. I am glad that you found out the consistency of service and the hospitality of staff up to your standards.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us in the near future and I wish you a happy new year.

Best regards,

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is situated in a great part of town, close to lots of good restaurants and shops. I visited the bar downstairs in the hotel, which was ok. It was a bit quiet so not a great atmosphere, but the service was good. I had a junior suite, which was nice. Very clean and well decorated though I am not so sure I would go as far to call it a suite. It was more a large room with a seating area. One minor gripe was the temperature in the room, which was really warm during the night. I would stay hear again because I think you could trust that you would get a clean, well fitted room and good service, but I don't think it has a wow factor or anything super special about it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank JamieKate
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you find the accommodation and services of the hotel to your satisfaction and I appreciate your positive comments. I am sorry to hear that you were not happy with the layout of our Junior Suites. In an attempt to be fully transparent- We mention the size of the rooms along with its photographs on our hotel’s website. Please drop us an email if you would like us to set the AC at a specific temperature during any of your future stays with us. Our email address is- jlhinfo@jumeirah.com

My sincere apologies once again for the inconvenience caused and I hope that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back and restore your confidence in Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

Kind regards,

Sorrento, Italy
Reviewed December 10, 2012

Very nice hotel. Nice room, but bathroom a bit on the small side. The service is outstanding, everybody is efficient and smiling at the front desk. Very clean. Nice decor and nice atmosphere. Definitively a charming hotel!

Thanks for a nice stay

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Frankiemed
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

With regards to your views about the size of bathroom - please rest assured we have made a note of your comments and will incorporate them into our plans for refurbishment in 2014. We are aware of a number of design issues which we will aim to correct during this refurbishment.

Wishing you a merry Christmas & a happy new year and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Small, 1960's era renovated hotel with good location . Handy for Harvey Nichols and Peter Jones on Sloane Square. Rooms more than adequate although showing signs of wear and tear. Small reception area and bar. $520 a night for superior room ( booked through BA website ) with balcony including taxes and a mandatory 5% service charge. Breakfast extra. OK but surprised it's a Jumeirah.

Pros : Handy location. Good for shopping at Harvey Nichols or trendy Kings Road boutiques. Rooms are more than adequate but are now a little tired. Mine was serviced well and kept spotlessly clean. Easy to find a cab at all hours at the Sheraton at the top of Lowndes Square - a thirty second walk away. Great toiletries. Great Irish concierge.

Cons : Public areas cramped. Restaurant non-descript but expensive. Breakfast pricey . Some staff wonderful others have a slightly bored air. None of the three staff behind the front desk welcomed me when I arrived prefering to carry on talking amongst themselves. Guess that's London for you. No walk in shower - you have to clamber into the high sided tub . Bizarrely, you have to sign an indemnity form if you want a key to your balcony door.

Conclusion : More than adequate but don't expect Jumeirah service or luxury. For that you'll need to go round the corner to the Jumeirah Carlton Towers. Pleasant enough but strangely anodyne for London.

Room Tip: Probably best to book a superior on a higher floor.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank KellyNebraska
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for such a detailed feedback on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us.

I am happy to know that you found the location of the hotel, quality of toiletries and the concierge service up to your standards. I will definitely pass your encouraging feedback to John- the great Irish concierge.

I understand that you were not happy with some elements of your recent stay and I apologise for the fact that we failed to live up to your expectations of Jumeirah hospitality. I regret that you were not welcomed in the normal way and fully accept that breakfast was not up to our normal standards.

I would like, if possible, to discuss the shortcomings of your stay with you and would request in the first instance that you contact me at ankit.malik@jumeirah.com

Once again, I apologise for the inconvenience during your stay but hope that I will be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Yours sincerely,
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This Hotel perfectly combines scale, ambience, hospitality and location. Smal but with a feeling that you are experiencing something a bit special. Great rooms, food choice in the Restaurant excellent, very polite and helpful Staff, and super location. My only issue the smell of cigarette smoke on the 4th flloor.. Apparently some gurets are permitted to take rooms with balconies for smoking. Not a good feature as it wafts along the corridors and they are obviously flouting the privlege.That said, would definitely be returning.

Room Tip: Upgrade to Executive...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank RollerCoaster999

Greetings from Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

Thank you very much for such a detailed feedback pertaining your recent stay with us.
It is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the hotel and the services provided. I am sorry to hear that your stay was affected by the smell of cigarettes. Please be advised that the hotel is completely non smoking. Guests with executive rooms are only allowed to smoke on the balcony although it appears that a guest was obviously not abiding by these rules and I apologise that this impacted your stay.

Once again thank you very much for your patronage and i look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon! Wishing you a merry christmas and a fabulous 2013.