“Great location! Excellent staff! Lovely and spacious room!”

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Ranked #267 of 1,068 Hotels in London
“Great location! Excellent staff! Lovely and spacious room!”
Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is a great hotel in walking distance to Harrods, Buckingham Palace and many more sightseeing venues. The rooms are lovely and spacious and the breakfast was fabulous! The staff was amazing and very helpful with directions, umbrellas, suggestions for dining and much more.
We had a snag with a hotel transfer when we arrived at Heathrow and the assistant manager at the hotel made amends for the issue immediately and set everything straight. She was phenomenal - we were exhausted on our way back from South Africa. She got us settled and then worked on our behalf to help with missing luggage due to an airline problem.

We hope to stay there again in the future and have told our friends about the staff. A really great place to stay with people working there who genuinely care about their guests - thank you!

Room Tip: When giving the hotel name to a taxi driver leave off the Jumeirah part or they will take you to the...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

Thank you very much for your positive feedback on TripAdvisor with regards to your recent stay with us.

I am glad that your enjoyed the hotel and the services provided. It is always very rewarding to receive such positive feedbacks as the entire team endeavours to ensure that every guest leaves with great memories. I will definitely share your feedback with the entire team especially, Michaela -the Assistant Manager who will be delighted to know that their efforts are so well appreciated.

I do hope to welcome you back with us in the near future.

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We just spent 5 nights at this brilliant little hotel. As we arrived very early in the morning, I had emailed in advance to request an early checkin if possible. I was advised, very politely, that it would depend on the day's availability so we were very pleasantly surprised when told at 8am that our room was ready and waiting for us on our arrival! From our first contact with staff, we were greeted warmly and enthusiastically - very vital after jetlag and a long flight. Our room was small but well-appointed with a super-comfortable bed, strong hot shower, gorgeous body products from Templespa, Nespresso machine. Our room was serviced twice daily with an evening turn-down and refreshing, our water bottles restocked daily. This is the "little sister" to the Jumeirah Carlton Tower just around the corner but as guests, we had full access to the gym, pool and business centre there. In general staff were friendly and helpful, quick to assist. I have to point out that one of the doormen there (I wish I had gotten his name!) stood out - he greeted us everytime so cheerfully, our exchanges brief but always putting a smile on our faces - thank you. In terms of location, this hotel is 3 minutes' walk from Knightsbridge station which is on the Picadilly line in Zone 1, a 5-8 minute walk to Harrods, 5 minutes' walk to Hyde Park and the Mandarin Oriental Hotel, 1 minute from the closest supermarket Waitrose, and surrounded by pretty cobble-stoned streets that make for very pleasant walks. I would definitely stay here again. Thank you.

Room Tip: Our room was facing the back which made it quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank MissusMau
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

I am glad that you were impressed with the warmth and hospitality of the staff. We try to ensure that all our guests feel completely at home and we are pleased that you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Veracruz, Mexico
Reviewed September 18, 2012

I have stayed at the Jumeirah Lowndes twice, and both visits have been just what we expected. The front desk staff is courteous and helpful. The rooms are modern, clean and have everything you need for a comfortable stay. It is not a big hotel, so it feels cozy and warm. I loved the location, just around the corner from Knightsbride. Depending on the season, you could find a good rate, it is worth it trying.

Room Tip: The first time I stayed in a double room and the second in a suite, and in both cases I slept just a...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your great feedback.

I am delighted that you enjoyed our hotel and the services provided. I will share your feedback with the team and it will certainly put a smile on their faces.

I look forward to welcoming you back with us in not too distant future.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Being a member of the Jumeirah loyalty, I have used the Lowndes hotel as my London getaway hotel a couple of times.

The rooms are small but well decorated and comfortable. The amenities are above your average hotel and the nesspresso machine is a bonus to.

The hotel has a nice restaurant downstairs but walk round the corner if you don't want to pay £30 for breakfast.

The location is great as you have Sloane street and Harrods on your doorstep. The bonus venue is Hyde park a mere 5 minutes from the hotel.

Only thing I haven't appreciated is paying over the amount for a top to be dry cleaned and it actually coming back with a mark that it didn't have origInally.

The staff all have a smile as a first response and are very helpful.

It will still be my place to stay next time in London.

Ps booking in advance will bring the price down to.

• Stayed August 2012

Greetings from London.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you find the accommodation and services of the hotel to your satisfaction and I appreciate your positive comments.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the laundry service and have addressed this with the laundry company. As you may have noticed, We have taken the charge for this service off your bill.

My sincere apologies once again for the inconvenience caused and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Wotton-under-Edge, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 20, 2012

I spent a very comfortable night in Lowndes Hotel. I was able to get a room during the Olympics without previous reservation as a Sirius member, which was very surprising and convenient! The room was spacious, the chaise lounge very good for sitting reading, and I even had a balcony!

The reception staff, the breakfast staff and the room service were very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that enjoyed the stay with us during the Olympics- a truly amazing time for London. I have shared your comments with the entire team who pride themselves in caring and tending to our every guest.

Looking forward to welcome you back with us.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very nice hotel, good service, everything said here is true, but the rooms are VERY small. Our room (Room 302) was TINY, it barely fit two people, and the bathroom was very small as well. Great hotel if you are ok with these tiny little rooms. No iron/ironing board either.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you liked the hotel and the services provided by our staff, Although I appreciate your remarks towards the size of the rooms. Our policy is to provide ironing board on request and I apologise that you were not made aware of the fact during the time of check-in.

I will however ensure that an iron and iron board is always placed in your room whenever you come and stay with us. Please inform me of your name so that I can update our system with the information.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed August 6, 2012 via mobile

First the good points: The staff are extremely helpful and the location is great for Hyde Park/Knightsbridge. the rooms are a bit small but I can live with that. The biggest issue is the constant noise of the air conditioning and from outside (despite the hotel being located on a quiet road). This reflects the fact that the hotel building is simply to old for what is supposed to be an upmarket hotel as evidenced by the basic lack of double glazing on the windows, the constantly running air conditioning (related to lack of insulation I guess) and a bathroom which is way below par (the shower head in the bath is so low that all but the smallest of people have to stoop to was their hair). So, all in all: a bit disappointing. There are better hotels out there.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank VeitchB
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

I am happy that you appreciated our location and the hospitality of our staff. I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction most particularly with the constant noise of the air conditioning in your room. I would like, if possible to discuss this with you as the AC is controllabe from the room.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at ankit.malik@jumeirah.com

I hope none of the misgivings you experienced will stop you from staying with us again and I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.