“Great hotel in a central location”

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Ranked #294 of 1,072 Hotels in London
Reviewed September 13, 2012

Being a member of the Jumeirah loyalty, I have used the Lowndes hotel as my London getaway hotel a couple of times.

The rooms are small but well decorated and comfortable. The amenities are above your average hotel and the nesspresso machine is a bonus to.

The hotel has a nice restaurant downstairs but walk round the corner if you don't want to pay £30 for breakfast.

The location is great as you have Sloane street and Harrods on your doorstep. The bonus venue is Hyde park a mere 5 minutes from the hotel.

Only thing I haven't appreciated is paying over the amount for a top to be dry cleaned and it actually coming back with a mark that it didn't have origInally.

The staff all have a smile as a first response and are very helpful.

It will still be my place to stay next time in London.

Ps booking in advance will bring the price down to.

• Stayed: August 2012
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 9, 2012

Greetings from London.

Thank you very much for your valuable feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

It is a pleasure to know that you find the accommodation and services of the hotel to your satisfaction and I appreciate your positive comments.

I am sorry that you were unhappy with the laundry service and have addressed this with the laundry company. As you may have noticed, We have taken the charge for this service off your bill.

My sincere apologies once again for the inconvenience caused and I hope to be able to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

There are newer reviews for Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel

Reviewed August 20, 2012

I spent a very comfortable night in Lowndes Hotel. I was able to get a room during the Olympics without previous reservation as a Sirius member, which was very surprising and convenient! The room was spacious, the chaise lounge very good for sitting reading, and I even had a balcony!

The reception staff, the breakfast staff and the room service were very friendly and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write such a positive review on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that enjoyed the stay with us during the Olympics- a truly amazing time for London. I have shared your comments with the entire team who pride themselves in caring and tending to our every guest.

Looking forward to welcome you back with us.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

Very nice hotel, good service, everything said here is true, but the rooms are VERY small. Our room (Room 302) was TINY, it barely fit two people, and the bathroom was very small as well. Great hotel if you are ok with these tiny little rooms. No iron/ironing board either.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay with us at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

I am pleased to hear that you liked the hotel and the services provided by our staff, Although I appreciate your remarks towards the size of the rooms. Our policy is to provide ironing board on request and I apologise that you were not made aware of the fact during the time of check-in.

I will however ensure that an iron and iron board is always placed in your room whenever you come and stay with us. Please inform me of your name so that I can update our system with the information.

I look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 6, 2012

First the good points: The staff are extremely helpful and the location is great for Hyde Park/Knightsbridge. the rooms are a bit small but I can live with that. The biggest issue is the constant noise of the air conditioning and from outside (despite the hotel being located on a quiet road). This reflects the fact that the hotel building is simply to old for what is supposed to be an upmarket hotel as evidenced by the basic lack of double glazing on the windows, the constantly running air conditioning (related to lack of insulation I guess) and a bathroom which is way below par (the shower head in the bath is so low that all but the smallest of people have to stoop to was their hair). So, all in all: a bit disappointing. There are better hotels out there.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank VeitchB

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

I am happy that you appreciated our location and the hospitality of our staff. I am sorry to hear of your dissatisfaction most particularly with the constant noise of the air conditioning in your room. I would like, if possible to discuss this with you as the AC is controllabe from the room.

Please do not hesitate to contact me at ankit.malik@jumeirah.com

I hope none of the misgivings you experienced will stop you from staying with us again and I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel lives up to your expectations. The rooms are ample (junior suite) and well appointed, the service excellent, the facilities (including access to Carlton Tower's swimming pool just across the street) very good. The location, a 2-minutes walk from Knightsbrigde and Hide Park, manages to be quite and enjoyable. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

It is a pleasure to know that you find our location, services and facilities to your satisfaction and I truly appreciate your nice comments.

I trust that we can welcome you back in not too distant future.

Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great location, well appointed rooms. I stayed in a junior suite which was perfect for being able to work, with a desk area including a selection of foreign plug sockets which is always very helpful. great view over London from my room located at the back of the building. I had organised a meeting in the function rrom that was very practical with all the mod cons including a very smart state of the art flat screen for projection. The staff were very helpful with the set up and the light lunch ordered was both of good quality with good portions per person. Certainly recommend this hotel for business trips.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel. I am delighted to know that you liked our junior suites and the meeting room facilities.

We look forward to welcome you back again with us in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed at the Lowndes 6/12 for one night with my 16 year old daughter, it was perfect for all the great shops all within easy walking distants, very friendly staff, I booked on line, with a dinner, bed and breakfast deal which was good value for money. Check in was friendly and efficient, our room was clean and very nicely decorated . If I had to give a negative it would be that we went back to drop some shopping at the hotel about 3 o'clock , decided to get a coffee in the hotel bar/ Restaurant area but was told there was a £15 minumum spend per person, thought this was a shame as the area was empty. I would stay at the Lowndes again and recommend it .

Room Tip: I chose a higher floor, the hotel wasn't on a noisy road
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bevlozo

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the feedback about your recent stay with us at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had a fantastic stay with us and felt that you got a good value for money.

During the busy summer times, we do have a minimum spend of £15 in the outside patio of the Lowndes Bar & Kitchen. However as you mentioned- this should not be the case when the area is half empty and I apologise that you were not able to enjoy our facilities.

I trust that we can welcome you back in the near future giving us an opportunity to restore your confidence in our services.