“Perfect choice in the Knightsbridge area”

Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel
Ranked #263 of 1,063 Hotels in London
“Perfect choice in the Knightsbridge area”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

This hotel lives up to your expectations. The rooms are ample (junior suite) and well appointed, the service excellent, the facilities (including access to Carlton Tower's swimming pool just across the street) very good. The location, a 2-minutes walk from Knightsbrigde and Hide Park, manages to be quite and enjoyable. Recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

It is a pleasure to know that you find our location, services and facilities to your satisfaction and I truly appreciate your nice comments.

I trust that we can welcome you back in not too distant future.

Duty Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Great location, well appointed rooms. I stayed in a junior suite which was perfect for being able to work, with a desk area including a selection of foreign plug sockets which is always very helpful. great view over London from my room located at the back of the building. I had organised a meeting in the function rrom that was very practical with all the mod cons including a very smart state of the art flat screen for projection. The staff were very helpful with the set up and the light lunch ordered was both of good quality with good portions per person. Certainly recommend this hotel for business trips.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
JumeirahGroup, Manager at Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write a review following your recent stay with us at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel. I am delighted to know that you liked our junior suites and the meeting room facilities.

We look forward to welcome you back again with us in the near future.

Reviewed July 2, 2012

I stayed at the Lowndes 6/12 for one night with my 16 year old daughter, it was perfect for all the great shops all within easy walking distants, very friendly staff, I booked on line, with a dinner, bed and breakfast deal which was good value for money. Check in was friendly and efficient, our room was clean and very nicely decorated . If I had to give a negative it would be that we went back to drop some shopping at the hotel about 3 o'clock , decided to get a coffee in the hotel bar/ Restaurant area but was told there was a £15 minumum spend per person, thought this was a shame as the area was empty. I would stay at the Lowndes again and recommend it .

Room Tip: I chose a higher floor, the hotel wasn't on a noisy road
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bevlozo
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the feedback about your recent stay with us at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

I am delighted to know that you had a fantastic stay with us and felt that you got a good value for money.

During the busy summer times, we do have a minimum spend of £15 in the outside patio of the Lowndes Bar & Kitchen. However as you mentioned- this should not be the case when the area is half empty and I apologise that you were not able to enjoy our facilities.

I trust that we can welcome you back in the near future giving us an opportunity to restore your confidence in our services.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed here 5/2012 for several nights. Had never been to a Jumeirah before. The hotel was clean and quiet, the service was very good and the staff friendly. They give free access to the gym in the sister hotel around the corner and, though small, it is well equipped. The hotel is in a nice neighborhood, close to Harrod's, Hyde Park and Tube station. Plenty of places to grab coffee and something to eat in the morning. It is a very pleasant, low key hotel and a great place to retreat to after a tiring day.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Julie W
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to provide feedback of your recent stay with us at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the near future and hope you will avail the health club facilities during your next visit too.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Living in Dubai we are very familiar with Jumeirah hotels and as of yet they have never let us down in any of their properties. The Lowndes did not disappoint.
Check in was very efficient with cold towels and iced fruit water offered on arrival.
Our room was ready even though it was before the 'official' check in time and our luggage brought upstairs immediately.
The rooms are small but more than adequate with super comfy beds. Like others have mentioned the bathrooms are quite small......but I think that this is to be expected in London.
We took the option with continental breakfast and it was fine but one morning we did have a slight problem getting a table.
However, the best thing about this hotel is its location. Its set in a quiet square but it’s a very easy walk to Harrods, the theatre district, Regent Street and much more.
Previously, we have stayed at its sister hotel the Carlton tower where there are a lot more facilities but given the price difference between the two I would chose the Lowndes in the future.
If there was one disappointment it was we booked an upgrade room which should have come with a box of chocolates and a fruit basket, it didn’t and it was never offered during our stay. I am sure if we had mentioned it to housekeeping it would have appeared, we didn’t, but the point is, if it’s booked in the package it should be offered..... please Jumeirah do not let your standards drop......your better than that.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the detailed feedback regarding your stay with us at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

I am really pleased to read your comments about our property and it’s great to hear that you enjoyed your stay.

I was very concerned to read that you were left to feel disappointed about the amenities that were not delivered in your room. Please allow me to sincerely apologize for the inconvenience caused. I do admit that it was an error from our side and we will be looking into this matter personally for you. If you would like to discuss anything more in detail, please do not hesitate to contact me at ankit.malik@jumeirah.com

We do hope you will give us and opportunity to welcome you back to Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel and I can assure you that we will restore your confidence with our top class service during your next stay.

Worcestershire
Reviewed May 28, 2012

On a recent trip to Chelsea London my family were let down very badly with prior booked accomodation (which proved to be terrible on arrival) close by to the Lowdnes Hotel.

Nasim Haque (asst Front Manager) at the Lowdnes - rescued my family from their situation with absolute courtesy and professionalism, arranging for a fabulous room at very short notice and at an excellent price. Thank you Nasim.

This was a very special ocassion for my family and Nasim saved the day and turned a negative into an extremely nice, positive experience.

The hotel has a great location in the heart of Chelsea and Knightsbridge. The accomodation is most comfortable but the main quality is the staff, pleasant, helpful and with great courtesy....highly recommended if you are visiting London on business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Family rooms 505/506
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay.

I am very happy to learn that you appreciated our location- in the heart of Knightsbridge, which makes it easily accessible for our guest to visit the world famous department stores including Harrods and Harvey Nichols and the renowned Sloane Street which is packed with luxury boutiques.

I will definitely share your review with Nasim, our Assistant Front Office Manager and it would be a privilege to welcome you back in the near future, giving us another opportunity to make sure you have a great stay.

Coral Gables, Florida
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We got a great advance, pre-paid rate for two nights here. Unfortunately, due to an airline delay, we missed our first night, which was of course unrefundable, but that's not the hotel's fault. When I called to inform them, they were kind and said they would make sure our room was ready when we arrived early (7 a.m.) the next morning, and it was. The front-desk staff, especially Donny, was courteous and professional. He even sent us a bottle of wine on the house when he learned we were traveling for our anniversary -- unexpected and a lovely touch. The location can't be beat -- right in the heart of posh Knightsbridge, steps from Sloane Street and Hyde Park. The hotel, including our room, was clean and well decorated. The room was a little tight in terms of space, but this didn't irk me because of the great rate we received. If we paid the regular rate, I probably would have been disappointed. Overall, this is a hotel I would highly recommend, and it makes me want to seek out other Jumeirah properties when traveling elsewhere.

Room Tip: Seek out advanced booking online for the best rates.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Evan B
Dear Guest,

I am very pleased to read your complimentary review about your recent stay with us at the Jumeirah Lowndes Hotel.

I am glad you found out our location very convenient and thank you very much for your positive reviews about cleanliness of the rooms in particular.

We share reviews with each Jumeirah team member and Donny would like to thank you for your kind reference.

I trust that we can welcome you back in not too distant future.