The May Fair Hotel
  • Breakfast included
The Fox Club(London)
  • Room Service
4,979 results
All reviewsmayfair hotelmayfair bargreen parkthe guest relations managerbond streetdeluxe roombuckingham palaceconcierge desklarge bathroomfamily roomthe ritzan upgradefantastic locationafternoon teawest endhyde parktube station
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 11, 2014

I have visited The May Fair on a number of occasions with my partner and we love it and come back time and time again!. The customer service from the back and front of house is outstanding. Paul, head of Concierge is an asset to the hotel and can never do enough for us during our stays and we always rely on him for advice on where to eat and drink, he never fails us- Thank you Paul for all you have done for us.
The hotel foyer is always clean and smells beautiful. The rooms we have stayed in have always been to high standards. We have sampled many of the cocktails in the bar and would recommend anyone to try them.
We have just come back from a weekend stay and have already booked our next visit and cant wait.
Thank you to everyone at The May Fair

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

Dear Zoe,
Thank you so much for your fantastic review which has been an absolute pleasure to read. It is great to hear that you are enjoying your stays at The May Fair Hotel time and time again. I was particularly happy with your personal mentioning of Paul who is a great asset to our team and lives and breathes customer service every day.
We are very much looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 10, 2014

This is a really nice hotel, with a lovely and lively reception area, and - based on the room I was allocated - has spacious and well-appointed rooms. The gym is very good for a hotel fitness suite. I was on the 8th floor but despite asking for a quiet room, it was noisy late at night - you could hear people in the corridor, music was audible (I presume from adjacent rooms) and there was some banging noise that sounded mechanical and which went on for some time.... no idea what it was but it was intrusive and stopped me sleeping.
Check in and check out took too long - nearly 15 minutes to check out despite having prepaid the room and having nothing more to pay - the staff were helpful and attentive but the procedure seemed laborious. It isn't helped by the fact that if you move anything in the minibar, it gets charged to your room - I moved the contents around to put a bottle in to chill, and ended up with a £77 bill. It was cleared without a fuss but it took too long to resolve.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2014

Thank you very much for your kind review of your recent stay with us at The May Fair Hotel. I have enjoyed reading that you have overall enjoyed your stay with us. Please allow me to take this opportunity to apologise for the noise disturbance and delay upon departure. I will ensure that this is being communicated to my Front of House Manager for review. I look forward to welcoming you back to The May Fair Hotel soon.
With me best wishes,

Reviewed June 9, 2014

My fiancé and I have stayed at this hotel over a dozen times in the past three years for work and pleasure. We like the location of the hotel. The rooms are fine. They are clean, but there is nothing particularly special about them.

We were pleased to see a new restaurant in the hotel lobby, which was actually quiet good. The bar in the lobby does draw a huge crowd, especially on the weekends, which includes locals as well.

We have been to the spa about half a dozen times, and the zen relaxation room and steam room/saunas are quite nice. I would highly recommend opting for a massage rather than a facial as the service for the facial was not very good. But the masseuses tend to be quite good, especially Vicky who was very attentive to my needs related to significant orthopedic injuries.

That said, on this past visit, it is the second time that the female staff of this hotel have made me feel like a prostitute. They are condescending and at times, downright rude. This offensive behavior occurred at both the front desk and in the spa. I understand -- and have witnessed prostitutes being thrown out of the hotel by security -- but the hotel's prostitute problem is not my problem. Rather, I am a paying guest and deserve to be treated respectfully and kindly. As a result of this, my boyfriend and I will not be staying at the Mayfair on our future visits to London.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business

Dear Sheryl,
Thank you very much for your contribution and for the time spent bringing your experience to my attention. Please allow me to take this opportunity to thank you for your return custom and kind review of our brand new restaurant The May Fair Kitchen. I was very concerned to read however that there were elements of your stay you have not enjoyed. I have spoken to our Front of House Manager, Botho Stein, who recalls having spoken to your fiance at the time. We treat our guest's privacy and security with utmost importance. I am terribly sorry that our approach must have come across as heavy handed to you. Please feel free to contact me personally on inderneel.singh@themayfairhotel.co.uk if you wish to discuss this further. Should business or pleasure bring you back to London feel free to get in touch with me and I would happily oversee your booking personally.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

This is one if the best hotels in Mayfair. Very close to many attractions and big name restaurants. Few minutes away from Oxford Street and Berkley Square, this hotel is close to the hustle and bustle of London. Stayed there many times. Enjoyed the abundance of apples and water at the reception and by the elevators. Also enjoyed the afternoon Turkish delight by the reception area. At one time had a bad experience with some staff, but the manager was very kind about it and made up by giving special accommodations. The Hotel boasts a casino and a bustling bar (not my speed), and comfortable rooms. Rates are on the higher side but the location and amenities are worth it. After all, this is London! Location counts!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Dear Joe,
Thank you very much for your kind review. I have read with great pleasure that you are returning again and again to The May Fair Hotel and would like to thank you for your return custom. Whilst I am delighted that you have already had a positive reponse by one of my managers in regards to a previous concern; I remain at your disposal should you wish to speak to me personally during your next stay.
With best wishes,

Reviewed June 7, 2014

I treated my friend to a weekend at The Mayfair as part of her various hen parties. As soon as we got out of the taxi the doorman said 'welcome back' even though it's been a year since my last stay. Check in staff were great, the suite was gorgeous, everything about our stay was fantastic. There is a really nice chilled out vibe to the hotel and the whole area, love the hotel bar and there are plenty of great restaurants within walking distance, and then there's the shopping!!!! Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank JacquiDaniels
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2014

Thank you very much for your very kind review and I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. Your comments were an absolute pleasure to read and thank you for your kind compliments about the Concierge and Reception team.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back very soon.