“Excellent Stay”
Review of The May Fair Hotel

The May Fair Hotel
Ranked #222 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at The May Fair for the second time with my family and again was very well looked after! Off to a good start with a complimentary early check in we soon enjoyed the lovely room and close proximity to so many local attractions. Food in the restaurant was great and the waitress so attentive - special thanks to Marcia who really looked after us. Nothing was too much trouble and always with a smile on her face. The Concierge also helped greatly with some recommendations where to enjoy the sunny day. We used room service for breakfast and the complex order was delivered spot on and on time. Always our hotel of choice when in London!

Stayed: April 2014
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 16, 2014

Thank you for your kind review and I was so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and thank you also for your compliments about Marcia. I will of course pass these on.
We very much hope to welcome you back again soon.
With best wishes,

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Excellent hotel!
Helpful and attentive staff.
Highly recommend.
Very good location, close to good restaurants and galleries.
Also good for meetings.
Concierge could meet us on all orders.
The car service at the Hotel is very good and has similar value to taxis.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Joao Paulo Nogu... R
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 14, 2014

Dear Joao,
Thank you for your kind review and so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stayt with us.
Your comments were a pleasure to read and I do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 13, 2014

Stayed with my sister when we went London for a dinner at the Savoy. Got a room through my travel agent look to book points. Hotel is in a great location about a minute walk from Green Park station in a quiet street of Piccadilly. There is a Sainsbury local opposite the hotel which is very handy. We were allocated a standard twin room which is 30sqm so a larger than average standard room size for London, rooms were well appointed. After the dinner we went to the hotel bar in the hope of seeing a celebrity or two, if Heat magazine is to be believed. Well unfortunately, there was no chance of that. Bar played very cheesy dance music and the clientele was hmm let's say, very tar. Overall, a great stay.ty

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank J H

Thank you for your review and I am delighted to hear you and your Sister enjoyed your stay with us.
We do hope to welcome you back on a future visit to London.

Reviewed April 12, 2014 via mobile

As far as hotels go this is posh!

Located in the heart of Mayfair, this place is class.

The reception team are very professional and the security/doormen (all look like ex-services) have great local knowledge.

The rooms are pure luxury with no detail overlooked. Great breakfast and they know how to make coffee!

Only downside is the price but if you want a touch of class for the night then just sign and don't look too hard at the bill.

• Stayed: November 2013
May811, General Manager at The May Fair Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 15, 2014

Thank you for your review and I was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for your compliments also and we do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

Had a great time, great rooms, great service especially from Mostafa who went the extra mile to make us feel at home.
Didn't use the spa/swimming pool but if the rest of the hotel was anything to go by then I'd guess they would be exemplary.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Daryn M

Thank you for your review and your compliments about Mostafa.
I am delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we do hope to welcome you back soon.

Reviewed April 12, 2014

I stayed in The May Fair for one night when working in London. This is a great hotel with a cool atmosphere and friendly staff. Clean, comfortable room and easy check in and out. Had the May Fair been a 4 star hotel, I would have given top marks, but it does lack a certain luxury. I think it could be down to the seemingly mean touches. For example, the Nescafe instant coffee sachets and the screwed down generic toiletries in dispensers; just generally a feel that something is missing. However it met my requirements and well done to the lovely people who work at this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to hear you enjoyed your overall stay with us.
I have certainly taken on board your feedback and thank you for bringing this to my attention.
We do hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed April 11, 2014

Generous applause to the staff at this Mayfair hotel. They were attentive, not intrusive and friendly. Well done to the management team for making this happen. Our 8th floor room was quiet and comfortable. Afternoon tea at the Quince exceeded expectations despite the ambience being a little disappointing. This was a midweek break for my wife and I that was made a pleasure by the hotel location and staff.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Flexcrush2020

Thank you for your review and I was so pleased to hear you were happy with the your stay and in particular the location of the Hotel and the team we have here.
We very much hope to welcome you back soon.